The Last Resistance (Earth)

Jeff quickly let his blade travel up to the hilt of the beast’s blade, then slashes down and the joint where it connected to the Xir’algath’s arm.

The Xir’algath’s arm was severed by Jeff’s sword. Justin let out a whoop of joy. “C’mon, Jeff! Kill that thing!” The Xir’algath suddenly turned to Justin and shot out a tentacle towards him. Justin phased himself, allowing the tentacle to pass through. Justin phased through the Xir’algath, passing through the other side. he then grabbed a nearby rod and impaled the Xir’algath.

@Runa
@jayzor17
As a defense mechanism, The Xir’algath ejected the spikes from its body, flying out in all directions.

“Spire!” Jeff called as one formed in front of him, covering him and anyone nearby from the spikes.

The spikes were successfully shielded away from the others.
The Xir’algath rose to his feet, slowly dragging himself towards Jeff, Marissa and Justin. He uttered some sort of command, telepathically summoning a horde of zombies to his aid. The zombies began to approach as well. “Welp, that can’t be good.” Justin remarked

Jeff looks around. If I use Quake Sphere, I won’t have any Psynergy left, so I’d have to rely on my grappling hook for a bit. But there’s no other option… He frowns as he points to the ground. “Quake Sphere!” He calls as the ground beneath them all trembles ferociously, spikes of earth coming up and striking zombies, or the ground cracking and falling away beneath them, as it also likely topples structures around them. However, those same spikes could shield allies from falling debris.

@Runa
It took a few out, but a few zombies and the Xir’algath warrior still remained. Suddenly, a bomb dropped in and blasted the monsters apart. Justin looked up to see a figure in a Plague doctor costume. He had gas mask tubes connected to his mask. The Plague doctor jumped down, reaching out to Jeff to help him up.

Marissa points, a ray of heat extending from her outstretched sword. She moves her sword in a slicing motion and the beam follows, tracing a line across the advancing horde and even cutting across the masked stranger. Its devastating effects are limited by the brief contact, but it should still leave a mark.

The Plague doctor stepped back from the blast, falling over as the zombies were fried to a crisp. The Plague doctor stood back up, covering a wound on his hip with his hands. “Ma’am, can you please be just a little more cautious next time?” He said in a muffled voice, pinching his fingers together slightly.

Marissa looks between Jeff and Justin. “I think I did just fine.”

“Uh…okay.” The Plague Doctor muttered, looking down at the burn he had received. “-Anyways, I am here to help.”

“How can we trust you, especially after everything that happened before the invasion?” A soldier asked. The Plague Doctor nodded. “I know trust is a hard thing, especially in these times, but you just have to believe me.”
@Runa
Justin turned to Jeff and Marissa. “What do you think? Should we go along with him?” He asked them.

“Why do you think I tried to fry him?” Marissa asks. “Just because all of them are enemies doesn’t mean all of us are allies. He’s also wearing a mask. I don’t do masks.” She shoots the Plague Doctor a glare.

“Well, I wear this mask so I don’t breathe in the toxic air in this environment like the rest of you.” the Plague Doctor said, shrugging. “I know that we are not the most popular with you guys,” he said, pointing to the military, “-But if we don’t work together, then our cause will be just as worthless as your own. So can we just form a temporary truce for now?” he asked.
“I think we should follow him.” Justin chimed in.

“Oh, so now you’re crucial to our cause. I don’t buy it. I can fight these guys on my own, Jeff can fight them on his own, and together we can absolutely kick their butts. Why do we need you?” She taps one sword against her knee, glaring at the random dude in a mask.

Jeff stays quiet. Well, she isn’t wrong…

“Because while you, Jeff and…” he turned to Justin, “-this other guy may be good at ‘kicking butt’, you don’t still know how to permanently kill them.” He pointed to the remains of the blown up Xir’algath. The black slime was beginning to form back together. “But I know how to defeat them, and if you can just trust me, I can show you.” The Plague doctor looked down.
“As much as I hate to admit it, we need you.”

“Well, nice sales pitch, but I’m a quick learner. Goodbye, strange man that is oddly intent on earning our trust. May you never live to betray us.” She turns and begins to walk away.

Jeff stays. “I don’t know…he has a point. If he teaches us how to kill 'em forever, great. If he betrays us, we can kill him ourselves decently easily.” He said. “And if he doesn’t, more help can’t be a bad thing, can it?”

Marissa spins about on her heel, glaring at Jeff now. “Really? You trust him even that far?”

Jeff shrugs. “Well it’s worth a shot.” He replies. “And like I said, if he betrays us, we can take ‘em.”

Justin nodded at Jeff’s statement. “C’mon, Marissa, just give it a chance. Like Jeff said, we can just attack him if anything goes wrong.” he turned to the Plague Doctor. “We’re in.” he said, to which the Plague Doctor nodded. “Very well. Come along.” He said, motioning for the others to follow. Justin began to follow.

@Runa
After a while of travelling, Justin began to wheeze. He broke into a coughing fit. he spat something into his hand. When he looked down, Justin saw grains of sand. “Uh, Jeff? Do you know anything about this?” He asked, tapping him on the shoulder.