The Last Resistance (Earth)

He looked over. “Did you breath in a dust wind?” He asked.

“No. I’m pretty sure it came from me.” Justin responded, weirded out.
@Runa
@jayzor17

The group approached the ruins of a city. A destroyed sign nearby read:

WELCOME TO NEW EV-
The rest of the sign was cut off, having been destroyed. Below the text was a population number. The original number was scribbled out, having been replaced by a “0” in red spraypaint. “What the heck happened here?” Justin asked.

“Probably what happened to everything else.” Jeffrey points out.

Marissa nods, pointing at Jeff. “What he said.” It’s the first thing she’s said since the ““Plague Doctor”” joined.

OOC: And so the complex origin story of Justin the mummy begins.

@Runa
@jayzor17
The Plague Doctor lead the group thought the ruined buildings, past the crumbled once mighty marble statues of the heroes of that city. “This was once an empire. But now…” The Plague Doctor said, motioning to the ruins. He lead them a weird looking building.
Justin scratched the back of his neck, feeling dry, leathery skin. Could it be? Was it happening again? he thought, worried.

The Plague Doctor reached a door, guarded by two other Plague Doctors. The Plague Doctor leaned in and whispered something to them. The guards then nodded at whatever he had said and opened the door to the building. The Plague Doctor lead Justin, Jeff and Marissa to a large ritual room, filled with a few other Plague Doctor cultists. “Welcome.” The Plague Doctor said, motioning to the room. “What do you think?” He asked.

OOC: Actually, this takes place after the fact of his origin.

Marissa draws her swords, pointing them at two of the Plague Doctors. “Get the memo?”

Simon nodded slowly, slightly intimidated. He then led the group inside the room. “We used to be a feared and respected group, hidden in the shadows. Now look at us…” The Plague Doctor monologued, mostly to himself.
“What did happen to you?” Justin inquired.
“We seemed to be the only people who knew that there was a problem with humanity. A plague. We knew the cure, but nobody would listen. They didn’t want to listen. We were cast out. But like a young child who refused to take their cough syrup, we made them take the cure.” The Plague Doctor clenched his fists. “Everything had gone so well at first. The event we had planned for nearly 700 years had almost reached completion. We even summoned our savior into the world, the Divine being who would cleanse us. But we were stopped in the end, and everything blew up in our face. We were forced into hiding…until 40 years later. I had helped resurrect our leader, who was soon followed by a great Messiah, who heralded The Great Transition at hand. Soon afterwards, the Xir’algath arrived.” Simon turned back to Marissa and Jeff. “We then realized that they were the cure, but I also found out what it felt like as the stubborn child refusing to take their medicine. As the Xir’algath had come to save us, some…heroes stood in our way: The Majestic League-again. We turned to our leader for protection and leadership, but he turned his back and abandoned Earth when everything went wrong. Now, I have assumed the role as leader of this group. And I know how to stop the Xir’algath.”

@Runa
Simon suddenly turned to Jeff. “Where are you from, boy? There’s something that seems powerful about your presence.”

“Weyard.” He replies. “A world powered by Alchemy. That’s probably what you feel”

“Of course… alchemy Is one of our professions.” He replied. Justin suddenly began coughing again. Simon was about to give a speech, but was continuously interrupted by Justin’s coughing. “Hey kid, need a ricola?” A Plague Doctor next to Justin asked. “Uh, no thank-” Justin suddenly hocked up a stream of sand, drawing attention to himself. Silence hung throughout the room. The Plague Doctor looked down at the sand pile, then back to Justin. “What was that?” He asked, his eyes narrowing behind his mask. Justin became nervous. “I uh, um…” he stuttered, trying to conceive a lie. The Plague Doctor then noticed a chain around Justin’s neck. “What is around your neck?” He demanded. Justin froze, unable to talk even if he wanted to. The Plague Doctor dashed over to Justin and ripped part of his ■■■■■ open, revealing an Aquamarine amulet. And something else. The Plague Doctor pulled out a Golden Ankh necklace, clasping it in his hand.

@Runa
Simon turned to Jeff. “Do you know what this is?” He quickly asked, a hint of excitement in his voice.

“…gold?” He asked.

Simon laughed almost maniacally, his demeanor rapidly shifting. “Not just gold, but a Golden Ankh! The Golden Ankh, just as described in Ancient legends!” The Plague Doctor stared at the ankh longingly.

“…Is it like a Psyergy Crystal?” He asks.

Simon shook his head. “Not quite. It is an ancient and powerful artifact, known as a conduit. In the guild of the Plague Doctors, I have read the legends of such artifacts. Nobody was sure if such items existed, but now…” Simon obsessively examined the Ankh, fixated on it. “Tell me, boy. Where did you find it?” He asked Jeff.

@Runa

“Ask him.” Jeff said, pointing to Justin.

Justin became nervous. “I uh, kinda-sorta found it, in some old ruins…” He said slowly. Simon turned to Jeff, a feeling of alarm in the air. “Did you know of this?” He asked Jeff.
@Runa

He shakes his head.

Simon clenched his fists. “Well, This…complicates things.”

He whipped out a pistol and shot Justin point blank in the chest. Justin staggered back and collapsed on his back, gasping for air as he bled out from his chest. Simon then aimed his pistol at Jeff. “It’s a shame that it had to happen this way. But I’m going to need that ankh.” He said coldly.
@Runa

He puts his hands up, then casts something anyways. “Spire!” He calls as a large spire of earth forms in front of P.D. Jeff then runs over to Justin and starts dragging him out of sight.

Simon was knocked unconscious the Earth spire.
@Runa
Justin groaned in pain from the gunshot wound. He clutched at his chest to stop the bleeding. “Jeff, i’m sorry. This is all my fault. I should’ve told you earlier…” Justin struggled to say through the pain.

Jeff drags him behind new cover. “It’s fine.” He said. “Now we need to keep you alive. Just hold still.” He holds both hands out towards Justin. “Cure!” He calls softly, as his hands and Justin both glow a slight orange-yellow. While Justin wouldn’t be fully healed, it’d be enough to get out of here and survive for at least a little longer.