The Last Resistance (Mothership)

Ashley, found herself plummeting into an inescapable laser cage, which immediately shut and locked itself.

It had been a trap.

OOC: I edited it.

Panicking, Ash accidentally opened a portal, one leading to an unknown point in time and space. She closed her eyes, and took a deep breath. Wounded, and alone she had no other option. She looked around at the ship, and then at her hands, her cold, bloodstained hands.

Was it worth it?’ A voice asked, ethereal and far away.

“You don’t have a say in this anymore, I don’t have to answer to you,” the Badger growled.

" I dare say that you do, considering what when down with the show. The voice replied

“The show is in the past, it’s behind me.” Ash said in response.

" Is he in the past? Is he behind you? You can run, and run, and run, but you can’t escape what happened.

Ash fell to her knees, and she felt her brokenness. A tear rolled down her face, quickly lost in the blood and muck that matted her fur.

“Tell me, can, can I save him? Or am I doomed to failing. Again, and again? It hurts, everyday I see him in the little things, He was always trying to understand the world around him, constantly trying understand his place in the world. And now he has no place in the world. I just want to be happy, to be with him again. Is that too much to ask?”

The voice chuckled, Shall he live? Shall he die? Who can say. What I say is nothing more than conjecture. You’ve always been strong willed, and hardheaded. Stubborn as a mule. You’ll always do whatever the hell you want. Conjecture it may be, here’s what I say to you, ‘Little badger, have you dug yourself a hole too deep? A wretched bed in which you must sleep? The choices you’ve made have brought you here. And I frankly don’t see what you have to fear. Whatever’s at the other end, may be as wretched as what you’re in. You stand at a door, dimly lit. And you stop and say to yourself, is it worth it?’"

The badger stood back up, wiped her tears, and looked at the portal. “When one door closes, another opens,” She muttered, stepping towards it, trailing its edge with her paw, and feeling the energy swirl around her fingers.

She took another breath, and threw herself in.

“This is for you Doug.”

2 Likes

“Target lost!?”
Cydonia thumped a wall, shattering it before turning his attention to the the gamemaster and the doctors
@Mctoran

Edwardo looked around and sighed, his life really had changed

As the gamemaster, Plague Knight and savager approached, laser cages suddenly dropped on them, and Nimrak as well. The gamemaster looked around bewilderdly. “w-what’s the meaning of this?!” He demanded. A squad of angel knights dropped in, and brought the cages with them. “Don’t worry, you shall all have cosy little cell at Whitegate fortress.” An angel knight said. The Gamemaster began cries of protest, but the cages were whisked away before Mark could hear. “Well, looks like that was taken care of nicely.” Mark said to Glub.

@L.O.S.S-KAL

Glub finished strangling savager to ensure it was dead.
“e’yup”

The Angel Knight turned to the door in front of them. “Taghiat is behind this door. Once we step through, we may also be entering the biggest fight of our lives, of the entire multiverse. So i want to make sure before we do this, are you all ready?”

@L.O.S.S-KAL
@TheOnlyGuyWhoLikesMistika
@Toa_Radrix

Cydonia forms a colossal maul

The Angel Knight nodded. “Then let’s do this.” He said as he pushed his hand into the door and opened it.

The room was empty. Mark cautiously looked around, inspecting and examining the technology. In the center of the room was the Ship’s power source, comprised of a mysterious blend of Xalnergy, Primordial energy and other energy sources.

Before they could further search the room, a giant dark figure dropped into the room. It was none other than Taghiat Quasia.

Mark drew his sword and was about to strike, but Taghiat swatted him across the room, and Mark violently crashed into the equipment.

He boomed with laughter. “So, the Great ‘Resistance’ has finally arrived! What a joke!” He chuckled. “You are now down to less than half of your members from when you first handed together. And even then you couldn’t defeat me! What makes you think you could even touch me at this point?” He grunted.

Mark struggled to stand. “Because, even when all the odds are stacked against us, I will continue to fight, and I will never stop until I die!” He declared.

Savager chuckled again as blades sprouted over his body. “Then let’s test that theory, shall we?” He said as he smashed his fist into the floor beneath them, dropping everyone to a lower level of the ship. They stood above a boiling pool of molten metal.

The final battle had begun.

@L.O.S.S-KAL
@Toa_Radrix

Wasting no time Cydonia golf swings savager with his maul

Taghiat met the maul with his hand, which was now morphed into a jagged, anime-level long blade.

The maul broke through the long frail blade

Jake and Edwardo looked around, they were in the mothership
“I think the queens down here!” Edwardo whispers
“Is she a looker?” Jake asks
“Xir’agrath have very different genitalia to us humans!” Edwardo sighs

Taghiat’s blade-arm shattered, before melting into a goo-like consistency and absorbed back into his body. He formed his fists into giant, spiked maces, swinging them at Glub.

@L.O.S.S-KAL

Glub slid below Cydonia who caught the fists with his maul

Taghiat then turned his attention to Mark, who attempted to stab him from behind. “Oh, Mark. If only you knew the truth!” He growled as he detached blades from his body and shot them at Mark and Glub and Cydonia.

Cydonia hurled the maul before forming a wall of crystalline beauty

@L.O.S.S-KAL
Taghiat’s blades struck the ice wall, and he attempted to bash through it with his fists.

“What truth?!” Mark demanded as he dodged Taghiat’s blades.

The wall began to close around his fists