The Last Resistance (Mothership)

“I could do it if I had a blade.” He replies, slouching against the wall.

She started to smack her face onto the bars.

“I did have a blade, once. It didn’t work.” The voice replied. “How did you end up here?” The voice asked.

“But my circumstance is…different.” He said. “And I was captured. I think.”

“Really? What kind of blade?” The voice asked.

“It’s not the blade I was talking about.” Runa said. “I…well, I have an easy out for if things go wrong.” He said. "I can…um, decapitate myself. Cut it off below the neck. Then my head and the collar around my neck will fall off, and a new head will regenerate. Won’t kill me since that isn’t where the core of my consciousness is, like where it is in most sentient beings.

There was silence on the other side of the cell for a moment. “Well, um, that’s a pretty interesting blade.” The voice replied. “Mine wasn’t that cool, but it did what it was supposed to. It could fire elemental blasts.”

“Again, not the blade that does that. It’s me. As in my personal abilities. My blade is just a scythe I can materialize at will.”

“That would make sense, then.” The voice replied. “The collar disables your powers, so if you need to summon your scythe, then you’re out of luck.”

“I know, otherwise I would have.” He said. “But my regenerative powers would still work since at that point the collar would be cut off of my body. But now we just need to find a way out.” He ponders.

Ashley stuck her arm through the bars

“AH! Furry monster!” Justin yelped as he saw the hand, backing away in his cell.

“Who’s there? I’ll kill you!” Ashley shouted.

“Whoah, chill! It’s me, Justin.” He said to Ashley. “Sorry, Ashley. I thought you were trying to kill me.”

“Who took my gun?” She growled, ignoring Justin.

“They confiscated all of your weapons.” Said the mysterious voice in the other cell.

“I need my gun!” She shouted.

“Oh a bomb collar so original”

Ashley slumped down in defeat.

“Hey, don’t get discouraged.” The voice said. “I know that one day, we’ll get out. I feel it in my heart. Even as a scientist.”