The LEGO Sets You've Never Opened Topic!

We all love Lego; That’s why were here on this MB.
That being said, sometimes we just don’t open sets. It can be for multiple reasons - it’s an investment, you hate the set, or, the most prominent factor - laziness.

So what are your unopened Lego sets? What are the reasons for them being so?

I’ll start.

I got this set (mainly for the minifigs) for around $40, about 2 years ago. Laziness took control, so I never opened it. I’m thinking I might just sell it later on, or just open it eventually.

So yeah. Discuss/comment below!

If this is already a topic, I’m sorry!

8 Likes

Tons of Bionicle, a lot of polybags and several Marvel sets. Along with one or two DC sets that i’ve had in storage a while.

A few i intend to sell, others i just dont really like the designs of or pieces so never bothered opening.

1 Like

I have opened every LEGO set I own…

yay.

7 Likes

I have a sealed 2001 Toa Mata Kopaka. That’s about it.

1 Like

A whole lotta stuff in my closet, and then some. Most notably Sentai Headquarters and Striking Venom from Exo-Force, Ultrasonic Raider, some Visorak, and plenty more.

[Insert video link plug here]

1 Like

I have a sealed one of these

Picked it up when it was first released and meant to send it to one of my friends as a christmas present. Instead, it was put in a closet and resurfaced in 2013.

Since I’ve just been holding on to it. At the time, I figured that Hero Factory might get big and I could end up selling it for a decent profit. Of course that didn’t happen and now I’m left with a set that I don’t even care for any of the parts from.

Brickpicker seems to think I can get 20 bucks for it though, so maybe it’s still worth going through the trouble of selling.

3 Likes

I have a poly bag hoth han solo around i never opened

1 Like

Hamburglar plane is a common set that I got at a garage sale for like 50 cents and it goes for about $2 on BL.

This little baby goes for $50-$120 new on BL, mostly because it was a Brickmaster exclusive and collectors put a high price on Star Wars items. I got a spare one in the mail and never opened it.

Got this last summer at TRU for free with a $40 purchase. The bag’s not even a year old and it goes for an average of $8 on BL so I foresee this becoming a collector’s item as well, since it’s based on a popular movie and it’s TRU exclusive.

3 Likes

I got a Nexo Knights poly bag when I ordered Uniter Pohatu earlier last year. I have no real attraction to the theme so I had no intent on opening it.

2 Likes

I am as dedicated to HF as they come, and I can say that nobody in their right mind would spend that much on that set. I spent 8 bucks and felt I easily got my money’s worth…but 20 is too much my dude.

1 Like

I can’t remember what the set is, but I got two of them for my birthday a while back, one from my parents and one from one of my friends. I opened one and the other is in my parent’s closet

1 Like

I got this sucker back in 2015 or so. It was intended as a Christmas gift for my cousin, but then I remembered what he did to the last set bought for him. (the last one costed me $50) Its been sitting in my closet for a while, and i’ve tried to sell it on Ebay with no luck. I also own the Nexo Knights Introduction Polybag from 2015 and the Royal Knight minifigure, both sealed as I don’t give a f*** about Nexo Knights.

2 Likes

I have an unopened Pahrak Kal, I kinda wanna open it for nostalgia

2 Likes

I have an unopened lyods golden dragon set.

1 Like

I’ve never left my Lego sets sealed. I buy them so I can build with them!

5 Likes

Why would I buy a lego set if I didnt intend to build it? Whats the point?

2 Likes

Resell value, maybe you already have that set (cough Scar cough) Or maybe you live a busy life and never got around to it.

4 Likes

eh
i don’t see the point of having a set if you don’t open it
i mean unless you wanna sell it

otherwise it’s like having a cardboard box
kind of useless

4 Likes

I have a 2011 Ninjago spinner kicking around.

I got it for my birthday, but I already had it, so I was going to give it to a friend of mine, who was a big Ninjago fan. His mom wouldn’t let him take it for whatever reason, so I held onto it.

I might sell it one day, though it doesn’t look like spinners are selling for a whole lot just yet. Luckily, Ninjago is popular, so I’m sure it’ll be worth something eventually.

3 Likes

People have Lego sets that they’ve never opened?! What kind of outrageous heresy is this?!

5 Likes