The LEGO Technic Discussion Topic

Discuss LEGO Technic here.

New sets

These sets look really good to me. and its great to get more technic panel pieces in that blue.

4 Likes

I’ve never really been too interested with Technic sets, (besides Bionicle) but these look great! I agree that the panels look great, but I think some of the smaller details is what really makes these sets soar.

1 Like

Technic recaptured my interest in 2016, which had some of the greatest sets the line has ever produced (i.e., the CLAAS XERION Tractor, the Volvo EW160E, and the Porsche 911). I felt that the 2017 line was overall a bit of a step down, but I’m really interested in the 2018 sets, especially the Racing Yacht.

1 Like

I used to be somewhat interested in Technic while Bionicle G1 was around, but ever since G2 started, I’ve been pretty into Technic. Most of the Lego that I’ve wanted or gotten in the past two or three years has been either Technic or Bionicle, and its hard to remember the last time I got a system set. Most of the sets that I’ve gotten have usually been either a car or the go-karts and in the 40-60 dollar range. I really want to get the Porsche 911, but it’s pretty expensive, I don’t have a huge amount of money right now, and I don’t think my parents want to spend that much money on a present for me.

I don’t really see alot of people talk about Technic sets, I find it rather underated compared to Duplo (outside the Lego community) but still maintain alive with no sale issue.

These new sets looks rather vibrant.

2 Likes

These sets looks great!

I thought 2016 was a good year but holy moly 2018 is amazing.

they recolored one of these connectors to red which is odd. I hope the red one doesn't replace the old one.

7 Likes

I now really want to get either the truck and trailer or the rally car. They look so good.

I desperatly need blue technic panels so I definitly want the car.

These sets look quite lovely. The Mack truck is superb.

1 Like

That Mack truck is the most polished and realistic technic set I’ve seen so far, and it looks fabulous.

2 Likes

So in 2019 we are getting an orange cherry picker that includes some recolors that haven’t appeared since bionicle’s early years.

2 Likes

nice lego

@Likus which parts specifically are returning recolors?

1 Like

Top connector is from the Exo-Toa’s hood assembly, bottom one is Turaga Vakama and Tahnok Va’s arm.

1 Like

Technic is pretty much the only future of constraction right now.

~W12~

1 Like

People always say that, although lego reuses constraction parts in system. But you’re right, there is no original theme.

1 Like

I sometimes use technic vehicles with Bionicle figures

Anyone interested in this big bad boy?

Alright so LEGO unveiled the Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 yesterday and it looks awesome. Great source of lime green parts. The lime angle connectors on the rear haven’t appeared in a lego set in a very long time. Definitely buying one after it gets discounted.

2 Likes

I’m not super into those big Lego Technic cars. I’ve never gotten any of them. But this, I have to admit, looks pretty cool. I love how it comes in that special packaging that’s designed to emulate the feel of that fancy car.

1 Like

I really like the new Lambo, might be even better than the Bugatti. It comes with a lot of great pieces, and it’s and awesome display piece.
I’ll definitely buy it if I can find it for a good discount.

1 Like