The "Let's Build Overlord Makuta" Topic

ATTENTION! AGAIN. PHOTOS OF THE FIGURES CONSTRUCTION HAVE BEEN RELEASED! SPECIAL THANKS TO TOOTHDOMINOES!

Imgur

I hope @Mayple is cool with this. Seeing how we have almost finished the JtO Makuta, I followed @Mayple’s plan and went on to the next project. This one will be much harder because it is not a combination model. So really all we have to go off on are photos. However, I think the community is up for it.

Designed Parts of The Model
My left arm design

What we need:

Sticker Sheets

I hope @Mayple is cool with this as I did it in his style. But let’s get building guys!

22 Likes

While I’m content with the JtO form (still need LoSS and MMvSG to start building it), I hope you guys can deconstruct this form too, good luck.

5 Likes

I think that the lower legs have a technic piston behind them, sort of like how @LoganMcOwen designed his Kulta modded legs.

9 Likes

It looks like it uses a ratchet piece for the knee. Not a ball joint.

5 Likes

If we want it as accurate as possible, someones gonna have to design the shield sticker and find a way to sell it :stuck_out_tongue:

wonder how im gonna get most of these parts tho, im pretty much a novice for bricklink, I usually try to stick to my country, and to a single store. Does that make a difference with price?

1 Like

Same goes for the elbows as well.

1 Like

I noticed that this model uses stickers from black panther pursuit on the legs, and the feet are the same as the nindroid mecha-dragon from Ninjago (but made larger with protector feet)

3 Likes

o.o

You’re right! Two sets of the stickers, if I’m not mistaken.

2 Likes

I think there are purple sensei wu hats on the ratchet joints for the elbows, dont know if those exist in sets or not :confused:

they came out in the ghost season so they do exist

1 Like

A few of the parts may not exist. however we can still get close as every missing part is simply a re-color. I don’t think there are many though.

2 Likes

almost every villain came with one in 2015

1 Like

Good to know! :thumbsup:

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=93059#T=S&C=89&O={“color”:“89”,“ss”:“UK”}

1 Like

Huh, havent been on bricklink since they updated haha

Also, pretty purple is pretty :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

redbubble

1 Like

Alright everyone I think that we need to figure out if those cloth pieces are exclusive or not. I also asked one of the designers to provide photos of the set that could help our build so hopefully he will listen.

1 Like

Did you ask them whether it was possible to take pictures without the armor pieces on? Because that would REALLY help.

1 Like

I asked him on the “Let’s build JtO Makuta” topic after he said he might be able to post more photos of the JtO makuta to help clear things up something like: “Can you please take photos of the Overlord Makuta’s construction? Or at least his Back?”. He hasn’t posted on the topic since. Leading me to believe he might be taking photos. However he mentioned previously how photos need to be approved by Lego.

1 Like

Fair enough. Lets just hope it goes through.

1 Like