The "Let's Build Overlord Makuta" Topic

It is pretty awesome.

A lot of the 2001 pieces have names like that, I recommend looking at the Brickset listings for a trip down concept lane. : D

3 Likes

Wail who are you? Why do you know so much about Overlord Makuta?

he is talking about the mask maker makuta

I’m just gonna quote what he said in the Let’s build JtO Makuta Topic:

4 Likes

Wait so there’s someone on the message boards who was on the Bionicle team. Amazing!

1 Like

he helped build JTO Makuta, but he works in Mindstorms

2 Likes

While he build the Journey to One Makuta right? I think the Overlord Makuta was built by John alone.

Oh wow, would not have guess that. Thank you very much for sharing, been driving me nuts trying to get the arms right hahaha. I look forward to the pics of the Overlord Makuta!

Thanks for linking that reply, I’m sorry for not giving a proper introduction in this thread.

I did indeed work on the JtO Makuta, together with Brickthing and Vezok’s Friend.

I was not officially on the BIONICLE team, neither were the other 2, just designers from different themes that are big fans of the theme who jumped in to design this combiner.

John (BIONICLE designer at the time) made the Overlord Makuta and sits not too far from my desk.

6 Likes

Wait what theme do you work on.

For the last year, I worked for Mindstorms, I recently switched to a new project I cannot talk about.

3 Likes

Could you say what piece is on Triple M’s back? I’ve stared at what few images we have, and all I can tell is it’s gold.

1 Like

Any update on the photos? It’s been a week. No rush, just checking in.

1 Like

It’s only fair, I sent the pictures to be approved and sent to Dorek early last week, it seems to be taking a little longer this time. Sorry about that.

3 Likes

Ok thank you! And it is not you’re fault, no reason to be sorry!

1 Like

No worries, I will try and check with the department next week to see what’s happening.

1 Like

Sweet, thank you so much!

P.S. Did you receive the private message I sent you?

2 Likes

@toothdominoes, Thanks again for doing this, I look forward to seeing the photos.
+
I second Metroidwave’s request, any incite on the gold piece on the back of “Triple M” would be greatly appreciated.

I think it was a 3M shell in gold, I’ll have to check.

Also, the pictures got approved, so hopefully you will see them soon!

5 Likes

Any updates on the photos?