The Lion King (2019)

Yes, Old Yeller and Polyana, along with Candleshew and many other classic book adaptions were made by Disney during the '50s and '60s.

1 Like

You must watch the first 2 minutes of the video! Such a funny animation!

1 Like

I’ve been heavily resistant to this film from the begining, but… God dang it. This trailer cracked me.

Yes it’s blatant nostalgia pandering, yes it would have been better if Disney put this same amount of time and effort into something new, but you know what Lion Ling is something I’m crazy nostalgic for. More so than any of the other movies being remade. (Well save for maybe Aladdin. Also Disney you cowards make an Atlantis Lost Empire remake if you’re so focused on remaking movies then pick one that could actually benefit from it)

Anyway, I want to see how this turns out. The music seems amazing as it should be. It seems like it’ll be alright. I’m excited for it.

5 Likes

That is like the most underrated Disney Movie, and at the same time, my all-time 2nd favorite Disney movie. That one could work perfectly in Live-Action, as opposed to those we are currently getting in which the cartoony elements don’t look that good. If there is one remake I would choose, it would be Atlantis. And a remake would probably fix the flaws the original movie had, improving it even more!

1 Like