The "Look What I Just Got!" Topic

that it was for me too. and i just couldnt live with that. took a lot of patience saving that money and waiting for the right price, but id say it was worth it

Being cheaper doesn’t mean it isn’t a scam, I can sell you a rock for 1000€ and say it’s cheaper than the other who someone else is selling at 1200€

it’s just a piece of plastic, exclusive or not, it’s a scam

Really no other way to put it.

7 Likes

Do you know how few of those even exist? It’s not a scam…
For Example, a piece of gold of about The same wight as that mask can sell for almost as much. So, it’s not a scam, it’s just a very valuable piece.

Yeah, but you’re comparing an extremely rare hunk of metal to piece of plastic.

Granted, the plastic is in a rare mold/color combo, but people can just reproduce the mold and make their own, using the regular mask and their own equipment.

1 Like

Personally I’ve never seen the value of buying something because it’s rare or old or exclusive. I buy things because I think they’re good. Not because of some artificial value based on how accessible it is.

3 Likes

Scam means deceiving or lying about what the product is or can do.

2 Likes

Beholders are scary. I wouldn’t think there’d be too many eyes on the market to begin with. Cutting one out seems like a lot of unnecessary hassle.

3 Likes

Meanwhile white Noble Huna (Misprint)s sell for at least 1K and nobody cares despite there only being two of them

4 Likes

I feel like Eljay got this mask for free as a present, and @Invader_Naj saved for I don’t know how much time and waited so patiently for a good listing, and Eljay got it for free, just because people love him, and want him to have a 100% complete Bionicle collection… How good is to be YouTuber, right?

And you base this on… what?

Of course I didn’t get it for free. That’s absolutely ridiculous.

5 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

You said yourself that you are not made of gold when you reviewed it. Then, if you didn’t get it for free, how did you get it?

I bought it.

Better question: Why are you talking to yourself?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/422547108214734848/517616702003871747/unknown.png

7 Likes

I don’t know what happened, I saw that, but It wasn’t actually me who sayed that… It just wasn’t me who writed the second quote… Is it some sort of Error or something? I don’t know…

I don’t know why my account says that quote… I swear it wasn’t me who has written that…

It was…Me, mistakenly I said that on mt bro’s account so I deleted it quickly trying to do it before anyone could see it. But someone did…

1 Like

Ok, now all makes sense. Please be more careful next time, bro. Since we use the same computer, our accounts sometimes get messed up, so I can understand.

Dang, I had no idea you two were brothers. I just got thrown for a loop😂
Anyway, as far as the mask thing goes, I agree that whether or not it’s a reasonable purchase is entirely up to who buys it. I would never pay that much for one piece, but I understand why people would.

2 Likes

We are very different

Getting back to the topic… Why would people want that thing? For a collction, but other than that, just show it to people and boast yourself that you have such a rare thing.

1 Like

With 1000€ you could buy a small apartment, rather then a small mask. If you are a rich collector that doesn’t care how much money he spends to complete his collection, that go for it. If you are just a regular LEGO fan, you can get like a huge haul of sets for that amount of money. It depends on your budget and how big of a fan you are.

Since the mask was only given at the LEGO Inside Tour, and only 200 of them exist on the entire world I can understand why it’s so valuable.