The Matoran Kingdom

You’re breathtaking! :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness though, this is actual art Kardax, I don’t even know what to say.

3 Likes

@Pakari @TheMightyObsidianDude

You’re all breathtaking!

3 Likes

Simply beautiful. The use of the Ignika for the face reminds me of this one art error in All Our Sins Remembered

9 Likes

This thing is Barraki’ng cool. I can’t even come up with enough words to explain how invocable your work’s impressiveness is.

1 Like

holy WHAT?! dude! :scream: how tho. 6 DAYS?!?!

1 Like

@DaimosZ @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister Thank you!

@Kalmah_Ren Well I did 2 weeks of light building before that where I got the castle floor and towers as well as the shoulders done, mid-lower torso, neck and head, arms and laegs were all speed built in those 6 solid days of building. I burned through so many podcasts while working on it.

3 Likes

you’re welcome

2 Likes

This is breathtaking. Awesome in the purist definition of the word because this truly gives feelings of awe. An absolutely monolithic megabot super body worthy of any to call themselves a Great Spirit.

I could easily imagine this as a titanic robotic being that went into hibernation many ages ago, only for a race of smaller beings to build a sprawling and expansive fortress around his slumbering form. Living there for generations until nothing of the original body can be seen. Then one day this ancient entity awakens and stands up, covered in overgrown foliage and castle bits. Instead of panicking and abandoning their home the inhabitants adapt and build around the standing titan. Living in and around it, keeping their waking fortress ship shape as best they can, forming a sort of symbiotic relationship that’s lasted for generations.

This really is stunning, and I have nothing but admiration for your commitment and dedication to this project.

Do you think you could post a full body shot? The entire creation head to toe in a single image? Is that even possible?

7 Likes

There’s no way that would stand if it were built irl. But that doesn’t make it any less awesome.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah sadly there’s not enough reinforcement in the world for the legs to stand on their own, the arms can hold up but those legs can’t support the weight.

3 Likes

This is bloody crazy! You’ve outdone yourself, and pretty much everyone else.[quote=“DaimosZ, post:23, topic:50645”]
error in All Our Sins Remembered
[/quote]
That was meant to be the prototype robot, right? Why is it so small compared to the trees and mountains? How does that make sense?

2 Likes

Forget the size error, why is the GSR designed after Mata Nui’s Glatorian form? I get this depiction is non canon but wow they used the GSR design in so much media from 2008-2010 how do you mess that up. This is as bad as the 2004 comic art where every Matoran in Metru Nui looks like the toy Metrutoran for each Metru.

2 Likes

I’ve already commented on reddit, but I wanted to comment here agian.

I love this!

So many cool details, a great use of the castle style and bringing in Bionicle references (those feet are so awesome!).
Yes it probably wouldn’t be stable, but I don’t really care about that here, the model is just so much fun to look at and I can’t imagine how much work you must have put into this.

Fantastic job

8 Likes

First off, this is really cool

Now secondly, I feel like you’re underestimating Lego to a degree when claim there’s no way that this can hold up in real life. I mean a guy built a four foot tall Evangelion, and while that’s not really close to a 2.12 meter creation it shows something in that scale isn’t impossible

However obviously it’d take a lot of redesigning and technical knowledge with designing heavy duty frames from Lego, not to mention all the necessary pieces. It’s just a thought more than anything.

4 Likes

@Sokoda @Omega_Tahu Thank you so much!

A lot of people have asked about stability, in it’s current form, it would not stand, it could be modified to stand but then it would need all the joints in the legs removed and serious reinforcement.

2 Likes

Do you think you could post a full body shot? Is that possible? I’d love to get a look at this towering behemoth in a single image.

3 Likes

Done, it’s the highest render quality stud.io has available.

1 Like

This thing really is breath taking. Though now that I can see it all together all at once, I actually do have one minor gripe. While the proportions all around are a smidge off, but not enough to be any kind of problem. I think it all looks nice. But one particular issue is with the hands. They look just a bit small. But again not to any extent as to be a major issue. And I think it’s ridiculous that calling them small is even possible, as these are likely the biggest custom hands to ever be put on an anything.

I really have nothing but praise and respect for a project on this unbelievably massive scale. I can’t look at this thing without hearing that iconic Mata Nui rising music.

4 Likes

Thanks! The hands are a tad small but I wanted to make them from CCBS, if I had the time to go over them (and the patience to deal with the lag) I could have found a way to design them so the whole structure would be larger but I’m happy with the simple and easily posable ones.

2 Likes

Sweet matanui this is great.
I could totally see this titan of stone standing vigil over the land. Though I have to wonder how they get in and out of there walking fortress guardian for materials.
other than that I hope you can figure out ways to up the stability and detail of the legs even more!

1 Like