The New Hawkhood Dilemma: Conflicts of Good and Evil(RP Topic)

Connor deflates, stubbornly trying to hold back a yawn. He didn’t want to leave the superheroes, but he wasn’t about to argue with Superhuman.

By Pulse’s reckoning, something had to be moving Shade about. Slowly he begins to make out the arm, then a silhouette. As he sees Connor begin to react to words he can’t hear, faint words begin to rise out of the breeze. He listens intently, nodding with what he thinks he hears.

Runa flew into the air, looking for the escapees. Then, he hears the explosion. “You have to be kidding me.” He growls before flying that way to see what happened.

Shade strains his ears. Did he just…hear something? A voice? He looked down, and thinks he sees…an arm. Then, it’s gone. He blinks, still unsure.

Salesman cracked his knuckles, nearly transparent before turning his attention to the plant and begining to drain energy, keep them on their toes, and keep them afraid. If they have not this power they worship then we shall rule perfectly…

Pulse’s movements weren’t lost on Superhuman. He swapped hands on Shade’s neck.

“Oh good, you’re noticing. I don’t know which penitentiary this fiend will find himself inside, but I feel sorry for the one which has to detain him.”

1 Like

Runa lands nearby and sees him, running towards them.

He scowls, “well that was fast…” he muttered, before snapping his fingers, where a parvus flying above burst into flames, “deal with him.”

The alite parvus flies at runa, Leviathan’s blades twisting to either side of him

Runa boosts backwards, firing a laser at Parvus as he does so.

Leviathan’s eye widens, as it moves to intercept, however only partially, the rest hitting her and causing her to cry out in pain.

Salesman growled, “this is getting annoying…” He then vanished

Pulse nods again, struggling to make out the words.

“Well, he needs to go somewhere. You, uh, wouldn’t happen to know one nearby, would you?”

Lash watches Runa go, considering for a moment whether to follow him. Then she slips away, vanishing into the city streets.

1 Like

Seeing as how Salesman had disappeared, Runa kept a wary eye open while he continued to fire upon Parvus.

Leviathan’s second blade lunged at the emitter.

The salesman appears behind rune, stabbing at his back

Runa boosted to the side to try and avoid both attacks, while the stab at the back nicked one of his wings, causing an opening to appear. He quickly retracts them before they got too much more damage, and fired again at Parvus.

“Sadly, no.” Superhuman responded, unaware that Shade was starting to catch on. “I am still unfamiliar with the City of new Hawkhood. It’s changed vastly from what I recall.”

2 Likes

Parvus shot out s jet of flame parallel to the beam, as the salesman landed, returning to draining to regain strength

He blinked again. He saw it, just barely, before it vanished again. “Who…what, are you?” He asks, obviously not to Pulse.

Runa ducked to the side, the heat of the flame warming his metal exterior, before he dashes and boosts in with a stab towards her chest.

1 Like

Her eyes widen, as her flames went silent, Leviathan’s heads both with eyes wide, one protecting vital organs, yet unable to prevent the stab. The other began slashing violently at runa as she began to plummet, unconscious.

He attempted to dislodge the blade and get away from the slashing that was banging and scratching up his armor before it hit something vital.

Superhuman slowly rotated his head around to face Shade. To Connor, this might be the most epic or the most terrifying or some other third emotion experience in his entire life. Here comes the speech that had been heard all over the world.

“I am the darkness waiting in every shadow.” He gritted his teeth, internally groaning that he had to do it again. “Where evil walks is where I watch. Where villains hide is where I stand. I am the blight that blots out wickedness, and the worst thing to ever happen to pests like you.”

I’m Superhuman.

The quote, to anyone familiar with the comics or multiple terrible films, was instantly recognizable. One of the most famous Superhuman quotes to ever be put to paper, and repeated for years since its penning. Yet, the only thing retaliating against the utter absurdity of the moment is that for Shade, he’s staring right down the blazing eyes of the ebony avenger.

1 Like

The blade continued to slash at him rapidly before the salesman caught the falling parvus and vanishing with her once more

Shade suddenly sees the figure holding him, hearing his speech. “So I was beat by a child’s fantasy.” He mutters, mostly to himself.

Runa groaned internally. Again, he took to the skies to try and find the two.