The Nexo Knights Topic

… no. The chima thread and other discussion tied to it, is still around even though the theme is not.

1 Like

Honestly not surprised. The theme had pretty good sets, but, much like Chima, suffered from an awful story. Once the Nexo Knights have beaten the tar out of Jestro with their amazing “Ultra-cool-Nexo-power-that-totally-isn’t-the-same-as-that-last-one” Shields (That turns into a really annoying gimmick that doesn’t reappear and just makes the consumer shy away from buying the product) the umpteenth (actually 3rd) time, it starts to get really old really quick.

And there’s almost no status quo ■■■■■. Sure, Clay turns into a rock and goes evil, but so many things could be done to the plot to make it connect more fluidly than what’s present. Jestro’s dumb and has second thoughts again even when he’s supposed to be pure evil. The King is overprotective and can’t get past that. Lance is annoying, rich, and pansexual (though there’s nothing wrong with pansexuality).

I’d like to highlight a particular example: in season 3, the knights lose their shields. I repeat: THEY LOSE THEIR SHIELDS. Not only would this be a way to (temporarily) stop one of the most overused deus ex machinas in the show, it’s an opportunity to develop the knights’ fighting ability rather than having them on their crutch against the “very powerful” ball and dumb dwarf enemies. Instead, the knights get their stuff back by the end of the episode and ruin what could’ve been a major turning point.

Basically, Nexo Knights is a run-of-the-mill Saturday morning cartoon. However, unlike say, Scooby Doo, Nexo Knights has neither the correct formula nor the likeable characters (and yes, they’re both flat tropes. Also, ignoring Ava and Robin) to be enjoyable.

2 Likes

1 HD image of Berserker Bomber from Brickset:

I really like that eyeball print and the new shield mold from the villains.

3 Likes

I find it interesting that they’ve been incorporating the mech-suits into sets lately, I suppose it can be infered they weren’t too hip with the kids by themselves.

Well, atleast the cyber vampires look to be useful for some moccers, sigh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTnaV6nUNAY&ab_channel=JANGBRiCKS[quote=“Darknova3529, post:2420, topic:11247”]
constration hands in blue. its been 4 years
[/quote]

Rip the dream.

3 Likes

This is actually pretty neat! I really like the mech build, and the mech-ception is done well. I still can’t take the battlesuit or hologram builds seriously, though.

1 Like

Yeah, looks actually quite neat and how i see it, the wave doesnt seem so bad at we thought, yeah it inst a total “revive”, but still better than chima did. Oh well, atleast the mech ception works, and wait, is that kids mech in that book the only “exo-suit” with the black only front piece ?

That’s actually a pretty decent set for $39.99 USD. Not sure if it beats the King’s Mech, though. This one doesn’t appear to have posable knees, does it?

1 Like

While this one is definitely more creative in its design, I’d say the King’s Mech is better, or it at least looks better, because I don’t have the sets, so I can’t judge…

I really like that eyeball print .

It’d work nicely for a microscale 02.

5 Likes

Wow, seriously, this set is nuts. I think ttv is true, the box art doesnt tell the whiff of greatness of the actual sets. This is nuts.

We had the mch blow our minds with being able to have a normal power suit inside, now this is even more nuts. I cant believe it, this is madness.

1 Like

Meh, looks like a retextured version of Macy’s Thunder Mace with that plethora of exposed pin holes. As for the feature, it’s a pretty well fit set of transformations, but the product reminds me of the Chima separating vehicles (particularly ones from the last season) that rather felt forced in and overly unbelievable. Meh.

2 Likes

I really care nothing about the sets besides the parts… and honestly I might try and pick this one up. I’m really digging the villain’s armor and helmets, as well as that trans-green.

Either that or I’ll bricklink them in the aftermarket.

2 Likes

Updated thoughts based off of new set photos and reviews:

• Twinfector: I was completely wrong about this set in particular. The gimmick is fun, the color scheme is really nice, and I just love the design of the cycle.
  • Berserker Bomber: The set actually ended up being worse than I thought it was going to be. I’m just not a fan of how it turned out. The shape itself is repetitive and there really wasn’t a huge twist on that design to really get me interested. Even the trans. bright green couldn’t excite me.
  • Tech Wizard Showdown: Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The colors work together well, the shaping of the mech is pretty decent, and the weapons are alright. I’m still not huge on how the Battle Suit fits into the mech and how its arms and legs are just out in the open, but it’s definitely not the worse set in the world.
  • Aaron’s X-Bow: It’s just as bad as it was in the leaks. The color scheme is awful and the plane’s shape is just a big X for me. It’s also the second set in this wave alone to have transverse rotors, making this set feel super repetitive.
  • Axl’s Rolling Arsenal: Similar to the X-Bow, my feelings on the set hasn’t changed. I think I’ve ranted about it enough, so I’ll save you guys from another. :stuck_out_tongue:

Overall, the wave isn’t as bad as I made it seemed. Do I still think there’s good number of stinkers? Yeah, but it’s definitely not the worst send off NK could get.

2 Likes

Receives Exo-Force and Bionicle flashbacks

2 Likes

Do you have better pics than what we’ve seen so far? and can you send them to me

2 Likes

Yeah np my dood:

###Twinfector
Set Picture:

Jang’s Review:

###Berserker Bomber
Set Picture:

###Tech Wizard Showdown
Set Picture:

Jang’s Review:

###Aaron’s X-Bow
Set Picture:

###Axl’s Rolling Arsenal
Set Picture:

2 Likes

Hmmm… yeah, I’m not digging any of the hero vehicles. However, I did notice that Brickset has a set for Lance that doesn’t have pictures yet. Hopefully that one will be decent.

Once Jang releases the rest of his reviews, though, my opinion will probably change…

2 Likes

If there is one thing that excites me about this, it’s the knight Jestro, combining royalty and honor with chaos and insanity. I feel like the show can even pull it off well, considering how good their previous Jestro and Book of Monsters dialogue was.