The Official LDD Topic

Yes! I have needed some of these pieces for a while. I haven’t got the update yet but I will be on the lookout. Thank you @Square for the news, made my day.

1 Like

I’ll have to unistal and reload so it downloads.

1 Like

The Baze Malbus head was a strange choice, out of all new parts from Constraction.

I also redownload the application to get my “early access” as well, unsure why they hold back. :chart_with_downwards_trend:

I’ve look into the updated parts list, I see all the Star Wars CCBS heads and armors (before TLJ sets) and a G2 armor add-on likely due to K-2SO.

2 Likes

That’s good. I haven’t actually downloaded the new version, I just assumed those were all the parts.

This may seem like a dumb question but having never done it, I would rather be safe than sorry.
Does uninstalling and reinstalling the program have any effect on one’s models folder?

I just download the file strait up from this comment.

My setting and templates doesn’t seem to change, however for safety measure; I would suggest moving the Models folder elsewhere and rename it, then put all the file back after the download.

2 Likes

I was very nervous about uninstalling LDD after reading some comments over on eurobricks saying: after doing this, they couldn’t get either version to work.

I did it and there were no problems. The models folder was unaffected and it surprisingly only took a little over 5 min. to both uninstall and reinstall the program (for my computer at least).

Thank you so much @Square for sharing the news about the update and for the link with the download, I can’t wait to use these new pieces.

Edit: I don’t think anyone has to uninstall LDD but rather just download the new version and it adds anything you are missing.

1 Like

I just recieved the new version. time to create some stuff.

Is there anyway to downgrade your version of ldd? New version removed some parts I used a lot so I have to import models to get them.

Looking around Eurobricks, this is all I found:

I haven’t download it myself, but BioMedia is well known to archive Bionicle content.

1 Like

which parts were removed?

1 Like

c

Maybe more but those were the parts I’ve noticed.

1 Like

Are you sure they didn’t just move them? It doesn’t make sense for them to remove parts.

Well if they did I can’t find em.

I believe you are correct in that these pieces are now missing from the regular version of LDD but on the other hand, extended got 401 new parts. Many of these pieces are unfinished and bugged leading me to believe this update was premature.
I suggest opening extended and place/color all the pieces you need, go to the view tab>new themes>LDD, select the pieces and add them as a template. This should allow you to call up the pieces when you need them.

:thinking:

4 Likes

That’s a problem I haven’t seen before with that piece.

1 Like

Even then, the 2x2 round tile has its hitbox wrong, and the update did not fix that.

When you begin designing something online and as it starts coming together for real you start to realize it doesn’t work all that well.

1 Like