The Relationship Topic

Remember not to get too touchy, otherwise her parents might find out. It is important to respect them as if they were your own.

I would never treat anyone that lowly
/s

Yeah we wouldnā€™t break rules or anything. We both have some rebellious characteristics, but we donā€™t deliberately break rules

I thought that too some time backā€¦

Until camp dude said we had to be split into boys and girls for literally everything

1 Like

They split at the lake and pool (girls get lake one day, guys get pool the same day, and they switch it each day) and obviously in cabins, and in ā€œsmall groupsā€ but theyā€™re usually pretty chill as long as mixed groups hanging out have at least two of each

1 Like

I have made a decision regarding relationships.
Iā€™m not gonna search for a relatinship until it is blatantly clear that someone is The One.

ā€¦
Thatā€™s all.

1 Like

Iā€™ve made friends with her friendsā€¦

No not for that, they are genuinely nice people

1 Like

Isnā€™t that kinda the point of dating relationships from a Christian perspective? Trying to find out more about someone and what theyā€™d be like as a spouse to see if theyā€™re the one?

Weā€™re from the same church friend group, and I kind of know some of her school friends.

1 Like

In a nutshell, yeah.

Soā€¦ youā€™re doing the opposite of that :stuck_out_tongue:

Not quite

I just got out of my freshman year in highschool
The chance that I meet my future spouse here, if I am to have one, is very slim
The serious searching usually should start in college. That way itā€™s neither too late, nor to early.
Thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing

1 Like

Ah ok I see.

1 Like

Sighā€¦yep.

Iā€™m really mad for getting myself into that. She dumped me Thursday and my whole week was affected bc I was anticipating it. I wanna be done with these fake/forced relationships

1 Like

pats shoulder, hands over cookies
I would give some advice, but it involves religion, so I wonā€™t say it here. I can say it in a DM if ya want.
Also, that sucks. That really does.

Go ahead

1 Like

Sorry about that, man. Unfortunately, I donā€™t have much useful advice or encouragement to give, but, hey, at least make the experience worth it. Itā€™ll make your future relationships all the better if you take lessons from this one.

1 Like

Then stop forcing them.

Look, Yā€™all are young and I was totally in the same boat 5 or 6 years ago, but the fact of the matter is that thereā€™s a 90 percent chance any relationship you get into at your ages is gonna fail. Why? Because there is so much growing left to do.

Iā€™m not the same person I was a decade ago, or five years ago, and neither is anyone I knew back then. Things change, especially when you move out on your own and start your own life.

The best advice I can give is to not dwell on it and find something (outside of Bonk and the Boards) that you love. Something that will get you out of the house and meeting new people. For me, thatā€™s open mic nights and local shows, for some others it might be expositions at the museum or art gallery, or a fitness group, or part time work/volunteering at trade shows or events.

The more people you meet, the more likely you are to find someone who not only you want to spend time with, but wants to spend time with you. Even if youā€™re socially awkward and have a hard time meeting new people, if you keep putting yourself in those situations you can overcome the awkwardness.

Now granted, religion doesnā€™t play any kind of role in my relationships so your mileage may vary, but thatā€™s whatā€™s worked for me. There is wisdom in the idea that ā€œwhen you stop caring about being in a relationship, one will find you.ā€

10 Likes

you can do that?

8 Likes

TBH, probably the best advice on this topic.

2 Likes

I try :joy:

Itā€™s incredible what some distance and perspective can do for you. It too a loooong time of moping about an ex and feeling alone and worthless before I hit the point where Iā€™m just in it for me.

Way I see it, dating is expensive. Itā€™s money I have no issues paying and time I love to give, but itā€™s money and time that could also be better spent on myself or my business.

4 Likes