The Relationship Topic

Two or three years, but I aim for younger or at least same age, tho I was born at the very end of the school year so most people in my grade are a little older. Basically I try to stay same grade

EDIT: remember two lines above me when I said same grade? Well… she’s only ONE grade younger :stuck_out_tongue:

Grades don’t matter, Ice met people that are two years younger than me and a grade ahead. I’d just say whatever you’re comfortable with.

I should have mentioned that the girl I was talking about was twenty-five.

I thought she was twenty-one. She was definitely not trying to be “grown-up”.

2 Likes

Twenty five… How was this mistake made?

Then again I once met a 19 year old who looked 13 so…

I don’t consider it a mistake. If you both love each other (provided you’re in a legal age range in the state/country) then age is just a number.

(And even if one of you is of age and the other isn’t, it could still work out. Just don’t do anything stupid.)

5 Likes

Well, it still depends on just how big the difference is, until both are of legal age.

Like, I’d say 16 and 21 is fine, but a gap bigger and a minor much younger than that gets…questionable. And that’s assuming they obey the law, if you understand what I’m referring to. Otherwise 21 goes straight on down to 18, maybe 19.

2 Likes

Men mature slower than females, so it’s always a good rule of thumb for men to look for women about 1-3 years younger than they are, and for women to look for men 1-3 years older than they are.

3 Likes

I just meant the typical age range for the grade. Sorry for confuse

Well tell that to my parents.

3 Likes

Well that was quick. She broke up with me. She seemed rly sad about it, and now says she can’t talk to me (in specific) for a little while. Not sure if her parents don’t like me (we’re still both under 18 so parental rule is still pretty powerful), or if she just really didn’t want to break up and is now super sad about it. It’s my fault tho. I started the dating relationship when she’d stated several times she didn’t want our friendship hurt from something like that.

1 Like

Back at it again with the dating as minors. I tried that once and got shut down, not because her parents didn’t like me, but because her parents didn’t like the other guy that their other daughter was trying to get with and wanted to be fair to everyone.

2 Likes

Dang that sucks.

1 Like

There definition of “fair” is a little skewed.

1 Like

(Gotta stay on topic my dude)

That sucks. In my situation, I understood how she felt but didn’t agree. I suppose just letting it end peacefully was the best option as arguing never ends well. It was rly all my fault. I shouldn’t have pushed for a dating relationship. We agreed not to date at first bc we’re rly close friends, but then I asked if she wanted to date, and she said yes. It was mutual in a sense, but in the end it was my fault.

2 Likes

Wait a minute this topic actually exists? That’s good to know.

Anyway yeah. That really sucks. I get what that feels like.

I got a girlfriend lol

3 Likes

You’ve seemed to achieved the one thing I’ll seemingly never have.
Congrats.

I just got a breakup.

That was fast

1 Like

She couldn’t see us being long term or anything. Kinda understand, and thought we’d just go back to being friends, but now she either doesn’t want to or can’t talk to me so that’s a little depressing.

1 Like