The sand drifter

A desert faring vagabond that keeps to themself for the most part, but often aids travelers in hostile enviroment, fending off raiders, and the beasts that lurk beneath the dunes

46 Likes

As for such a simple moc, it works so well!

2 Likes

The head is so unique… A very creative MOC

1 Like

This is great! You used nearly every piece as detail, and it looks very nice. I like the claw arm, the mask, and the net skirt.

1 Like

…I wish I had thought to do that.

I was trying to make something along the lines of an iguana looking thing, but a worm is much better. And it solves the problem of designing limbs.

1 Like

This is one of my favorite MOCs I’ve seen on the boards as of late. Those custom shins work really well, I might have to give something like those a shot. Also, I see you used the sockets used at right angles that I experimented with back in 2013.

If there’s one thing to complain about, it would be the left arm. The upper arm is messy under the armor. Also, the head could probably benefit from some visible eyes.

That blue pohatu is the best part. :stuck_out_tongue:
just kidding, it looks so cool! good job!

2 Likes

I do agree with you, the left arm is a mess. I just got to a point of ‘that will do’ after trying to get across the fully mechanical arm within the same space as the other for so long. It’s something I’ll keep working on. The eyes though, I have no ideas for.

Here’s the lower leg unarmoured.

3 Likes

You’ve put some pretty complex techniques into a seemingly simple moc. Nice job.

1 Like

This is awesome. I’m a huge sucker for wasteland asthetics. I almost feel like it’s not my place to critique the work of a far-superior Moc-ist. The only nitpicks I have with it are the feet(although that’s just personal preference) and I feel like you could add a bit more black on the chest area.

2 Likes

When you read the title and think it’s a Thok Revamp

Overall, very nice design using primarily tan, and cool sickle thing.

2 Likes