The Star Wars Battlefront Topic

the only true way to play bf2
replace tantive IV with mos eisely tho

1 Like

Mos Eisely was by far one of my favorite maps. A few times I think I had the reinforcement counts up to 750 units. Those were long games.

2 Likes

mos eisely imo is one of my fav maps in any shooter
-it’s big yet and has a good balance of close-quarters and open spaces
-rooftops that can be used for sniping and turret warfare
-pure infantry combat

I’d say it’s my favorite map in the game, second being Utapau.

2 Likes

Hey, how many of you guys have bf2 for pc?

Same (though I don’t have a ton of experience with FPSs). [quote=“HewksDKowlihad, post:756, topic:5579”]
rooftops that can be used for sniping and turret warfare
[/quote]
I don’t know how effective sniping from street rooftops is. You aren’t really high enough to get good angles. Also, those turrets range from deadly in the enemy’s hands to downright useless depending on where they’re placed (plus, the enemy AIs have a tendency to get stuck there at the end of matches).

Why do you like Utapau so much?

I bought a Steam copy of the came in a Star Wars Humble Bundle a couple years back.

Gamenight anyone?

1 Like

Oh heck yeah!

1 Like

No one is gonna like me for this but I have gotten a copy of SW:BF EA ultimate edition.

I recognize that the game did not launch with most of what was promised although evidence suggests it was not EA that ruined this game (for once…)

Rather during the days leading up to TFA Disney Order Dice to remove much of the content so that SW:BF doesn’t overshadow TFA.

We have since been getting that content as DLC witch is why I bought the ultimate edition for less than the original price of the game.

I also have ancient Xbox disk of SWBF2.

1 Like

Unfortunatly I don’t have one and couldn’t find one either since no matter what I searched I only got results from the new one. I do distinctly remember the bots jumping out of the LAAT gunship in midair, and on the Bespin map when the ticket count reaches 20 or something like that suddenly all ships turn white on the radar and fly in a straight line.

I have it on PC as well, although I haven’t tried it on my new computer yet.

I wouldn’t be opposed to that!

1 Like

Are we sure about that? Wasn’t all the DLC announced long before TFA’s release?

1 Like

Straight from the dev’s mouth. It is consistent with Disney’s actions before.

It also explains the lack of TFA themed content whereas now they’ve learned and started adding Rouge One content.

Though it could be a lie. I just suspect Disney would have denied it if were.

Interesting. I suppose that makes sense…

Do you have the original article/interview where the dev said this?

2 Likes

I can try to look for it.

Sadly info like this tends to be hard to locate.

1 Like

That’s… kinda problematic

Can anyone try to track down the first news articles we got about the DLC? We’d be able to get to the bottom of this fairly easily by finding the dates those articles were published.

All I remember is that when I played the trial on PC only the first 2 DLC was mentioned.

However that was a trial and they don’t always reflect the whole story.

That was several months after the game came out and certainly after TFA.

IDK, maybe from memories of 500-reinforcement matches where I just rip through doods with Grievous
Though it is a well-designed map IMO

Hmmm,it’s not my fave, but I have some fond memories of it. I really liked the visuals, though I always felt like the AT-RTs weren’t powerful enough to go against the AATs on that map.

2 Likes

I sort of felt pretty similar about the AT-ATs on Hoth.

Though at least Hoth has an excuse.

1 Like

I get what you mean. I think the rebels, with their snowspeeders and tauntauns, are supposed to be outclassed by the giant AT-ATs. Unlike Geonosis (which has Homing Spider Droids and Hailfire Droids), the rebels don’t really have heavy weapons that can take down the enemy walkers.

That being said, I’ve found that Hoth ironically favors the rebels: if you push hard enough, you can capture both imperial command posts relatively easily (since many of imps tend to spawn at the AT-ATs and just swarm around their feet). As the rebels you can control all the CPs on the map and win the game despite there being tons of imperials spawning into the battlefield.

3 Likes

Yeah, Whenever I play with bots and not really try on imperials, I always lose, but if I screw around playing as rebels, I still win, despite not even trying

3 Likes

Do y’all have Discord? How about we all add each other over there to make it easier to coordinate some eventual gamenights together? My name+number is legomaster1378#9978 (you can find yours on the bottom left of the Discord window).

If you don’t have Discord, I highly recommend downloading free client. It’s like Skype… but so much better.

4 Likes