The Star Wars Battlefront Topic

the mod is called, Geonosis spire I think or thats the map name.
and I dunno, I like Rebels in the movies, but I feel like they have too much of a stander army feel in game, Except for the bospen spys they’re pretty cool,(but super annoying)

I’ll have to look into it.

Oh yes, Bothans are super annoying to fight against (and IMO they’re not really very effective to play as).

2 Likes

yeah no I’ve never had any fun playing as the Bothans

the cloak is so short and the incinerator is not an effective weapon

if it did more damage it’d be better

2 Likes

If it did more damage I would really hate fighting them as a stormtrooper.

Same, though I suspect it may be because of lack of experience. Then again, the Bothan is by far one of the least effective classes when it comes to offence. It has a decent explosive weapon and a really good buff (the regeneration bonus) but the weapon is useless against large groups of enemies.

In my experience, when playing against bots in Battlefront II (I have very little competitive multiplayer experience) it’s extremely important to be aggressive and take control of the battlefield. But when you play as a Bothan it’s near impossible to take CPs by force; your health is so limited and your weapon has probably the shortest range in the game. Even the cloak ability is not really effective against bots because of their absurd propensity to constantly focus fire on you instead of your AI teammates.

All that being said, I wanna try to play as a Bothan more. Maybe increased experience on some of the smaller maps will change my opinion on the class.

2 Likes

I don’t really like the Rebels special classes in general. The Bothan is reeeeaaaal ineffective, and the Wookie Warrior, while pretty effective in combat, is too slow for this kinda game. The sprint feels like it only goes as fast as a Rebel Soldier’s run speed.

4 Likes

True. But have you ever tried using the Wookiee in 1-flag CTF on Hoth? He’s super effective. His high health makes him one of the only classes who can survive for long in the absolute death zone that is the Echo Base caves and the grenade launcher is really good against the scores of snowtroopers running all over the place.

3 Likes

maybe

just maybe

this one will be good

8 Likes

I bet it will. It has a campaign, and all three eras. All three eras means a plethora of weapons to unlock, only a few of which will cross over, (most likely) era exclusive planets like Geonosis and Hoth, and (again most likely) a better integration of space battles.

DICE’s work on the first EA Battlefront allowed them to set the groundwork for a bigger, and better game since they didn’t have to spend too much time working on the gameplay mechanics the second time around. I’m certain that there will be some tweaks to the gameplay, but I bet the majority of the dev time this time around was spent on making the campaign and more multiplayer maps/modes and customization (including weapons and skins).

4 Likes

Does this mean everyone will stop complaining now? /s

I’m definitely hopeful, as I think that Dice and EA is making sure to fix the shortcomings the first one had. I believe they also have three different studios working on this one to make sure it has both content and quality.

1 Like

Also, something I’m going to say at this point in time (April 12th, 2017) is that I’m pretty sure EA “leaked” this trailer on purpose. It’s 30 seconds. Just 30 seconds. Everything we’ve heard about the Battlefront II trailer has been described as “huge” and a “full-length” trailer. So where’s the other approx 2 minutes? Also, this is a kriffing STAR WARS trailer. That’s a property that has Disney’s lawyers breathing down everyone’s necks constantly to make sure stuff doesn’t leak. The sets for TFA, RO, and TLJ have all been nearly air tight, and the same has pretty much been the same for this.

I bet EA put this out a few days early to get everyone even more hyped, and then on Friday (or whenever the BFII panel is, I can’t keep it straight) they’ll say “So, since the trailer we were going to show you leaked, here’s a different one”, even though they wouldn’t have any time to make a new trailer in the time leading up to Celebration, so it’ll obviously be prepared.

EDIT
Yep. I’m right. EA France’s Twitter account just said we’re getting a longer trailer on April 15th. So much for that “leak”.

Also, I find it interesting that Ashley from Mass Effect is guest starring in the Star Wars Battlefront II campaign.

6 Likes

I haven’t actually played the newest Battlefront, but it seems to be a bit divisive. Guess we’ll see how they do with this one.

1 Like

okay now for my hopes based on what I’ve seen

-more than 4 planets, at least as many as BF2
-land to space combat
-at least 6 heroes per faction ('cept for Episode 7 era, at least until episode 8 comes out)
-classes

this actually has me pretty hopeful to be honest

3 Likes

Yeah… as cool as that would be, I’d not get your hopes up for that one. I really doubt it’ll be happening anytime soon.

I’d love to be wrong, though!

1 Like

I enjoyed the tiny fraction of a game we got with EA’s first try.

I still wont buy the next one unless they make it feel like a complete experience.

1 Like

Classes have been confirmed to be in the game, as well as upgradeable heroes!

8 Likes

Clone Wars, space battles, singleplayer campaign, some sort of splitscreen mode, upgradable infantry, vehicles, and heroes, tauntauns (and more land vehicles). It’s looking pretty ■■■■ good so far!

2 Likes

I haven’t heard many catch this, but the new ship is the Raider-Class Corvette from the X-Wing Miniatures game.

2 Likes

It also looks like there won’t be a Season Pass.

I gotta say, after watching the trailer, the panel and seeing some of the info coming out, it seems they are literally doing everything right this time around.

6 Likes

And people are still complaining about everything.

Are they? I haven’t seen any complaining thus far.