The Star Wars Battlefront Topic

Another thing with the loot box issue, is (even though it’s fixed now) say someone has a gun that does more damage than yours and starts attacking you, yet can’t aim. You’re going to beat him easily just based on skill, making the loot-box gun redundant. This will be especially the case with Battlefront, since a lot of players will probably be casuals who just want to play a Star Wars game.

If Battlefront 2015 is anything to go by, I’ll be in the top 5 players on the leaderboard 95% of the time based on my skill alone.

https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/123/1239113/3314110-bf.jpg
https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/123/1239113/3314111-w1.png
https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/123/1239113/3314112-w2.png
Looks interesting, I’m looking forward to this. I think the best part about this is how we’re getting free extra story content. If the micro transactions are paying for us getting stuff like this consistently I’m fine.

But I’m not okay with the way they’re locking heroes behind a paywall. And this is clearly ea’s doing, they’re clearly twisting dices arm to put in some egregious stuff.
I’m fine with grinding for skins for heroes but not grinding for the characters themselves, because it will take a long time to unlock something like let’s say Darth Vader and then that will take like forty hours and then when I want to unlock Luke that’s another forty hours. I assume that including phasma and finn they have another 4-6 heroes in the pipeline and that’s even more time wasted trying to unlock them.

2 Likes

Lmao it says resurrection

At this rate it will be dead at least 2 weeks after launch like Dawn of War III, which is a shame since there is so much love that has clearly gone into this game.

1 Like

Yeah, I doubt that. If Battlefront 2015 has survived this long with stable servers with all the grief it’s gotten, Battlefront II won’t die so easily either. Heck, they’ll have at least one on the servers, as I don’t plan on going anywhere.

Now this brings up an interesting topic of discussion.

Light Spoiler Ahead

So, I went ahead and have watched the cutscenes from the campaign. Yeah, I’m weak.

From what I can tell, the campaign ends, but the story doesn’t end. My first thought was that it’s setting up for a Battlefront III, but then there’s this new DLC mission called “Resurrection”, which is a First Order operation name that’s hinted at in the final minutes of the campaign. So… we’re not getting the full campaign at launch it looks like.

Thoughts?

Maybe we will get side stories?

Good luck with Reddit on Wednesday dice.

I think it’s cool how dice are trying to fix it, it’s clearly ea twisting their arm that’s causing the problems. I’ve been playing I’ve the course of the night and I think it’s really solid, it has a lot of issues but solid nonetheless.

2 Likes

Cancel your preorders before it’s too late.

3 Likes

They reduced the price for heroes by 75% but they also reduce your reward for finishing the campaign by 75%
GG EA
GG

6 Likes

I actually find that hilarious. It’s not-stop controversies with EA it seems.

I actually think it makes sense. The awards to help build up to those heroes doesn’t need to be as large if the cost of said heroes is lessened. It’s just balancing the scales, or resetting the ratios or whatever. Haven’t seen yet, but maybe the original campaign rewards were 30,000 credits. Don’t need to earn that much as a reward if that’s now Luke and Vader’s price combined. It was probably way less than that, but you get my point. So, this doesn’t bother me.

I love how every little thing they do causes people to flip out and rage, though. Comedy gold.

They made the price 75% lower
But now you earn stuff 75% slower
so you still need to grind for 40+ hours

2 Likes

electronic arts certainly are intellectuals

6 Likes

I read something that was saying that a thing EA does do something outrageous on purpose, and then when everyone gets mad they “Fix” it and go to their original plan, tricking people into thinking they listened and changed their game, and get people to start buying the game again, or something along the lines of that

2 Likes

I thought the only thing they changed was the campaign rewards? If everything else is still the same, shouldn’t it be fine still?

1 Like

No cuz microtransactions are dumb

I just want to point out I got Luke within four hours without opening a single loot box.

1 Like

“Fine still” being a relative term. You still earn the same amount of credits per match as before, same with Arcade (really? Call it Instant Action, please). So the grind will be less than it was before, it seems like.

And this seems to be proof.

Was this before or after they reduced prices?

After, and to be 100 percent fair I got the eighty dollar version so that helped with getting credits.

See? Paying more helps shorten the grind.
P A Y 2 W I N

1 Like

and that’s a golden rule that always works. pay 2 win is something that will continue working forever. or at least i have the impression that if you don’t pay you won’t win, LOL unfortuantely i can’t pay for anything. i’m so poor that i even search for Bodybuilding Steroid Forums | MuscleGurus whenever i have some issues. sadly

I mean, I’d say COD’s system is better than BFIIs
And COD’s is terrible

₮h€ i₦₮€₦₮ i$ ₮¤ ₱₹¤vi₫€ ₱₺₳¥€₹$ ₩i₮h ₳ $€₦$€ ¤ƒ ₱₹i₫€ ₳₦₫ ₳¢¢¤₼₱₺i$h₼€₦₮ ƒ¤₹ u₦₺¤¢₭i₦₲ ₫iƒƒ€₹€₦₮ h€₹¤€$

4 Likes