The Star Wars Battlefront Topic

I only really play the first one offline because I’m never able to get into a match

I am glad EA is showing commitment to Battlefront II. The game keeps improving with new content. While Capital Supremacy isn’t my favorite, the Commando Droids and ARC Troopers are great. And in general EA is being quite receptive to the public. The main thing I really dislike right now is Anakin. Other than that I have a lot of fun with this game.

2 Likes

He’s not too bad if you keep your distance, and if you don’t, oh well dying is part of the game

Yes I agree, but in HvsV Anakin is particularly unbalanced when compared to other hero characters.

Yeah maybe they should at least take away his ultimate for hvv

Clone Commandos! Felucia! Instant Action! 4-player online co-op! Squeeeeeee! Anybody else still playing this game?

3 Likes

I’m still playing. I’m excited for Felucia because I really love when new planets are added, but I would have appreciated some new heroes in this update.

2 Likes

I’m the weirdo who’s only played the DS version, which is completely different than every other game in the franchise.

1 Like

Where my 2017 aerial mains at

I was going to start playing again… and then today’s update proved too large for my ps4.
Unfortunately, Destiny takes priority over BF2.

1 Like

I am reviving this topic, whether anyone wants me to or not :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I just got the original Star Wars Battlefront for $2, and I’ve certainly enjoyed playing it. Most of time, I just play as the basic soldiers (Stormtroopers, Clone Troopers, etc.), except when I’m playing as the CIS; then I use Droideka (those guys are almost unstoppable!). Maybe someday I’ll buy Battlefront II, if I can find a good price…

Oh, and my brother enjoys playing as the Rebels, only to shoot his own allies… Yeah, he’s an Empire fan :stuck_out_tongue:

The original has some features I’ll never get bored of. Killing Jawas, and killing heroes and villains.

1 Like

Are playing the same old-school BFII? In my experience playing as a droideka against AI is a terrible experience because of how old BFII’s AI is programmed to hyperfocus exclusively on you. As a droideka you don’t have the mobility to dodge blasterfire and grenades.

No, I’m playing the original Star Wars Battlefront from 2004. Sure, as the Droideka, you can’t really dodge, but that’s what the shield is for (unless you’re fighting Jet Troopers; their EMP launcher can destroy Droideka in about three shots).

1 Like

Went back to 2015 today. Forgot how well built the game is but the 20v20 loading times kill me

Is that a joke? Hero combat sucked, rolling was op, you were all by forced to use humpbacks and bacta, you only got one era. That game was deeply flawed.

1 Like

It was limited in content, heroes were flawed but fun, and idk what you mean about rolling, but infantry gameplay was amazing. The class building was so much more unique than 2017’s class customizing, and the weapon selection was huge and there were a lot of great unique choices. Hope for three they bring back the customization and weapons from 1, and starfighters from 2, improving on heroes from both

I much prefer the Battlefront two Heroes an Villains, but I guess that can be subjective. Rolling has zero drawbacks in 2015. It covered insane distance, and did it faster than just sprinting. There was definitely things about 2015 that allowed more customization, but that led to a very stale meta. From what I remember, 2015 has the same or debatably less guns than 2017 if you count certain star cards, and the large supply present in reinforcements.

I’m just hoping for a third game at all.

There are heavy rumors for a third. I don’t really recall a specific meta from BFI, but if that’s the case then if they make that customizable of a game again it’ll need to be by a publisher that’s good about staying on their games and constantly putting out content and patches. Bungee with D2 is a good example. Controversial game, I know, but you can’t argue that it’s poorly taken care of because they’re constantly working to perfect the meta and in my opinion, they’re getting pretty close.

I’ve seen the rumors, but if the Bionicle community has taught me anything, it’s to have low expectations. There was most definitely a meta in 2015. It was looser by the end, but the best load out was usually jump pack and bacta bomb. I feel like they did a fine job sticking it out with battlefront two. They worked on it until it came back from the grave, and then some. No comment on the D2 thing since I don’t know what it is.