The super legit Puns topic

One of my classmates today was showing me some phone, and someone told him he could get Clash Royale. He said that it would keep crashing if he did, so I said that it was “Crash Royale”. After the reactions, it was all I could do to not say, “I don’t know what you’re talking about, my jokes are stupundous!”

Axonn felt naked without a weapon; it felt weird not to have his Ax on.

~W12~

3 Likes

Trig taught me how to soak a Toa.:smiling_imp:

If Axonn had more heads would he be a HydrAxon?

7 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought that when I learned the mnemonic :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yeah, we just got a refresher in Statics class. We are also learning to focus on the moment and manipulate the force.

1 Like

I’m not alone when that was taught to me as well and my mind went to that

1 Like

How do you measure a penny?

Cent-imeters

2 Likes

Ah, the metric system. Don’t get me wrong I would give it a 10 out of 10.

1 Like

what is the worst thing to say at a zombie apocalypse?
“come on guys! look alive”

2 Likes

That was funny, and I’m being dead serious.

2 Likes

That makes three of us

These puns are cheesy, but still grate. I feel cheddar now. These are pretty guda.

What do you call the official fighting style of anime girls?

Wai-fu

5 Likes

Do I know jokes about sodium?
Na

Well that is one bad salty joke.

Speaking of Elements,

Are you Copper Tellurium?

Cause your C. U. T. E.

(Not mine, heard it at school)

1 Like

I heard Dr. Phil is losing weight. Perhaps he’ll start shrinking.

1 Like

Using an unsharpened pencil is pointless. Making a grid crosses a line. Finding ways to better manipulate your ruler can be seen as act of treachery.

Serious question: If a pun is the use of a word in a sentence that can have multiple meanings, is using a word that is similar to another but doesn’t give the sentence another meaning truly a pun or is just a play on words?

Pun: I was going to make a pun about ice but I slipped up and couldn’t get back on track.
Slipped (falling on the ice or a mistake) and Track (traction between one’s feet/shoes and the ice or a specific direction)

Other: Snowing you some ice.
Snowing (taking the place of showing)

I did a tiny amount of research and I think you’re right on the play on words definition. But I think your example pun about slipping would be a play on words, since it doesn’t change the meaning of the sentence. It doesn’t mean your joke fell flat.

1 Like

Slipped, in this context, can mean both losing one’s footing and saying the wrong thing, so is it not a pun?