The Transformers

The first episode is certainly not representative of the whole show. It gets better but it takes awhile to get there, and it really only does by the last five episodes of the season.

I wouldn’t say it’s an awesome show and I wouldn’t say it’s a bad show. At this point it’s entirely serviceable. The Cortical Psychic Patch flashback gimmick is an interesting idea, but as the show goes on it becomes clear that the story should have just started on Cybertron and worked it’s way to the present instead of showing things via flashback.

I think it’s telling that the last few episodes of Season 1 completely ditch the formula and focus on serialized story telling. If they just focus on telling a story from Season 2 onward and stop with the flashback stuff then it’ll improve vastly, and we might even have a new G1 on our hands with how things end in S1, but time will tell.

And even then, there is the occasional awkward voice acting and bad action sequences. It certainly gets better as the season goes on, but the action in some of the earlier episodes is eeeehhhhhh.

2 Likes

I agree; with some shows, one is best to give it a go in its entirety as the quality of episodes increases as time goes on.

I’m just hesitant to do so because the ben 10 reboot was pretty much the same and honestly RID as well.

There are glimpses of good show in there, but a lot of mediocrity.

Like I’d treated the Ben 10 reboot like any other at first, but then I caught a glimpse of the insanity of the season finale and I just had to give it a try.

It ultimately didn’t deliver for the most part 11 minutes is not enough time for a fleshed out episode, I swear, all it does is reduce the quality because they have to rush every scene they do

This is an interesting video. I never thought of it because Orion was rebuilt in Optimus. Really it could have been shortened. It could have ended at the 7:56 mark with a note stating that this only applies to the G1 cartoon and not the others.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUrDomctEW4

2 Likes

Just finished watching it when I saw your post.

1 Like

Behold! The single greatest crossover to be made by man! Countless years of childhood wishes finally fulfilled! This is the greatest thing ever!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

2 Likes

I saw that earlier on the TTV patreon discord, and now I kinda want to know how much overlap there is between the Transformer community and the Bronies. There evidently must be a decent amount of overlap.

1 Like

Believe me there is a significant amount of overlap. I can count two individuals I know personally off the top of my head, and even a prominent community figure within the Brony fandom.

2 Likes

honestly doesn’t surprise me. It was but a matter of time.

1 Like

Yeah chris chan is gonna love this

2 Likes

“Friendship in Disguise”. This is too much. :laughing:

2 Likes

My favorite quote from the official description has to be
“Will the magic of friendship be enough to light our darkest hour?”

1 Like

Uh, guys. Pinkie has found Blurr…if they race, we’re doomed.

1 Like

I think RD would be more likely to challenge anyone for a race. Blurr especially.

Pinkie and Wreck-Gar though. That’s a recipe for disaster.

2 Likes

I’m just wondering if Megatron’s MLP obsession is canon in this universe…

3 Likes

Hooooooo boy I hope so.

I doubt he’d let someone, especially Starscream, know that obsession as that could very easily be used as blackmail.

It was a closet obsession anyway, it’s not like he’d tell anyone :stuck_out_tongue:

Where did this little head canon originate?

An official Hasbro ad for the Hub.

3 Likes