• EXO Force
  • Power Miners
  • LEGO Alpha Team
  • Knight’s Kingdom
  • Classic Space Blacktron
    -LEGO Studio
  • Bionicle, obviously

Things that should be discontinued:

• Nexo Knights (I’m on the fence about this one)
  • Not much else. I’m opposed to discontinuing the girl themes because it’s definitely something that’s needed, and it’s also a good color resource for MOCs.
4 Likes

They should definitely bring back Slizers and HF.

3 Likes

Yes, along with mixels.

Discontinuing the girls theme is dumb. It fills a niche and probably sells pretty well. Plus part colors.

3 Likes

Dino Attack
Not the wimpy european dino 2010 version or dino from 2012, i mean like the real deal big attack helicopters and tanks with the big mutant dinos and stuff

4 Likes

HEATHEN!!!

/s

4 Likes

You know it’s a joke right.

2 Likes

Can’t kill a corpse mah dood.

4 Likes

They will sort of brought back Exoforce in a way if they make the Ninjago movie sets.

1 Like

With built-up dinos instead of those unposable molds. Can’t say I have much experience with the dino themes, but built-up dinosaurs would be so cool.

2 Likes

Actually, Lego in general is primarily marketed towards boys; employees representing the company have gone so far as to outright state this on a few separate occasions. Gali was even originally supposed to be a dude back when Bionicle was still being conceptualised, but thankfully, that was changed before the line’s release. Friends and Elves (and Belville, if you’re old enough to remember that one) are basically Lego’s attempt at trying to make their brand more appealing to a wider audience.
With that out of the way…
Things Lego should bring back: Non-licensed Constraction sets. Ironically, what actually led up to my eventual interest in Bionicle was my interest in the lines that came before it, namely Roboriders and Throwbots/Slizers. I’d also be comfortable including Hero Factory and the Chima Ultrabuilds here as well, and bonus points would be rewarded if there were multiple lines running simultaneously.
Things Lego should discontinue (or at least release less frequently): Licensed and System sets. As far as System is concerned, I haven’t purchased a set from that particular theme since around 2002, as my interest shifted soley towards Constraction. Now I get that this is essentially Lego’s bread and butter here, but giving the latter a bit more attention would only increase the odds of me shelling out more money. And while the licensed stuff has carved out its own place amongst their products, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, jumping onto a particular bandwagon when it’s convenient isn’t always what’s best either. All I’m saying is that they should focus more on developing sets and pieces that are truly innovative and doing their own thing and less on what else may or may not be coming out in the next year or so.
Now obviously, this is mostly just my opinion, so feel free to disagree to your heart’s content.

2 Likes

Exo-Force is definitely my number one. I wouldn’t even miss bonkle if we could have that back. Knights’ Kingdom would be great, too.

One-wave themes never come back, from what I can tell, (So Dino Attack, Pharaoh’s Quest, and things like that are probably out of the question) but Alien Conquest from 2011 was so cool, man…

1 Like

Galaxy Squad, man. One of my favorite themes ever.

2 Likes

Galaxy squad was pretty neato.

2 Likes

V I K I N G S
<You aren’t a complete sentence, website…>

8 Likes

I’d like to see Johnny Thunder’s Adventures revived at some point; there’s a lot of creative potential, and it would be cool to see some familiar faces in Lego narratives again. It’d be really neat to see what they could come up with for worldly structures in light of how awesome some of the Ninjago temple builds are.

Imagine how cool something like this would look using modern building techniques and parts

Yes, imagine if they introduced different races of aliens? They could’ve used it as a launching point for reviving the expansive Lego Space universe… But uh, evidently it didn’t sell well enough to constitute that kind of attention.

As far as discontinuing goes, I’m thinking they should probably cut off The Angry Birds Movie set line.

8 Likes

it actually ended later then intended. It had more waves then expected for a one off theme.7

2 Likes

Power Miners, Aqua Raiders, and Exo Force were some of my favorite themes growing up. Seeing something similar would be a cool change for Lego’s current themes.

Don’t know how I’d feel if HF was rebooted, but Throwbots/Slizers Coming back sounds pretty awesome to me. The only reason i didn’t list it above is because I do wonder how it would work with today’s toy marketing situation.

1 Like

bionicle

you know what I really liked? Mars Mission, I loved the ship and vehicle designs, they were super unique

9 Likes

I forget about Mixels! I want them too!

1 Like