Things You Dislike About the Channel

100% agree on lack of after show

Please upload them var!

Podcast:

• I enjoy all the jokes an arguments (indeed, I often find them more interesting than some of the less major news stories xD) But it really is off-putting just how often Viper gets talked over. She barely gets a word in edgeways. And when she makes a joke that’s easily as funny as one of Eljay’s, the room just goes dead. Why?
    -Also, sometimes, the picture change on screen doesn’t keep up with the topic change.

General:

• It would be nice to have a more concrete idea of what videos are going to be released when.
  • obligatory ‘on ebay today’ comment
  • And finally… the new leak policy. Sorry to be the millionth person bringing it up, but IMO a channel that puts “breaking news!” in all caps in its video titles should be a news source first, and lego’s business partner second, if at all.
4 Likes

The leak policy is all misinterpreted. They did it because it is technically illegal to spread confidential company information prematurely. And there are many other ways of finding leaks anyway, like Google.

I agree one hundred percent.

No offence, but I wish the podcasts had more editing to it. I personally think the podcasts are the most important, and are the best at this chanell, but the editing isn’t the best. The photos barely change in the podcasts when you guys aren’t talking about the sets, and when you guys are, it doesnt show enough images of the sets. I do think there could be better, and more photos used, or use face cams. (besides eljay, since wearing a mask for an hour won’t be comfortable.) And again, please give the podcasts some more care, and if there isn’t someone who can do it, or you guys can’t recruit someone, even I would do it myself without getting payed if I get teached. I really want the podcast to be better thet much. But as I said, your podcasts are the best, and I really love them. Please make this podcast better than any other stuffs on youtube by giving some more little touchs.

Longest I’ve worn it has been 4 hours. I expect that to be longer at BrickFair VA later this year.

I’d like to try and address this real fast, as it’s not a super in-depth explanation.

The reason that I believe we do that is because, really, it’s a podcast. It’s meant to be listened to, not watched. You can listen to the podcast while on the bus to school, while you eat breakfast, etc, etc. There aren’t a lot of necessary visuals. Occasionally we have something pop up on screen if we need it to be seen, however it’s quite rare that ever occurs.

I understand that the RoosterTeeth podcast does a video podcast every week or so, however the time it would take to edit all of that for roughly an hour most likely wouldn’t be worth it. If we were all in the same place? Maybe. However, at the moment we are not, and as such it isn’t as viable for something that isn’t suppose to be visual.

That’s my take on it, however Var and/or Meso may have a different take on things, so take this with a grain of salt. =P

6 Likes

Honestly, as a long time fan of TTV, I’d disagree. This has been one of my biggest issues with the Podcast since I started watching it.

A lot of times, you discuss various sets and pictures, and for those watching on YouTube/Vessel, it’s immensely easier to have those in the same screen. In order to follow along with the conversation, I always had to pull up the picture being discussed on my device, and try to haphazardly switch back and forth depending on what I was doing.

Granted, there’s also a lot of general discussion, which obviously doesn’t require a lot of specific pictures, so I see where you’re coming from. It’s just IMO, having specific pictures at the correct time could be a big help.

6 Likes

A lack of a Var laughing compilation.

3 Likes

I’d prefer a ringtone. :smile:

2 Likes

There’s like this thing where…like, we roasted each other because we’ve known each other for an extremely long time, and we’re pretty close friends who have been through a lot.

You…none of us know you. So it’s like, instead of being this constructive criticism thing or this kind of “haha, laugh at yourself thing”, it’s kind of just you kind of being a jerk. It’s not snarky, it’s mean, but it’s not funny. You kind of have to be friends for it to be funny.

But sure. Cool first impression. It’ll stick.

(meant to post this a while back and it was stuck in a draft. late reply. sorry about that)

1 Like

Looking back now, I can see how it would come off like that… Mean and inappropriate. You’re right, of course; between listening to the whole roasting episode and typing up that reply well beyond the time when I should usually be up typing things, I never considered exactly how what I was putting up would appear to others. What to me were comically exaggerated feelings can be downright bullying to others, and ‘satirical’ rather quickly turned demeaning or downright insulting.

I assure you, I had no intent to directly offend or ruin anything with that post, and if that’s what’s come out of it then I’d like to apologize for that. If you feel it’s necessary to take it down, I won’t object.

2 Likes

I think something important to note is the fact that ttv was distributing links far before their leak policy took effect. Should they edit the descriptions to remove those links? Yeah, definitely. Piracy, and helping it grow is wrong no matter how you look at it. However, there would be little point in getting rid of them now, as 90% of those have been wiped off the face of YouTube.

Now, I do have to ask. Why don’t you go back and remove those links? The episodes (to the best of my knowledge) are on Netflix, and you explicitly stated that distributing illegal content is against the rules on both your channel and the boards, and if found, would be removed. So why not do that to your own videos? It would leave everyone happy, and I’m 90% sure (I don’t make videos so my knowledge falls a bit short here) that you can edit descriptions on all your videos, no matter how old they are.

2 Likes

Three reasons.

The first is that it’s a lot of work for literally no real benefit whatsoever. Like you’ve just said, there’s little point in getting rid of them. Nothing to gain by any of that.

The second is that you’re completely missing the point as to why we linked to them.

The reason we linked to any Ninjago episode to be streamed on another site is that, at the time when we made those videos, there were no official links to stream that episode officially.

That was the entire and only reason we linked to non-official sites. LEGO did not provide a clear immediate alternative. If they had, you would bet that we would have linked to them over those other sites in a heartbeat when we made those coverages.

Television is dead. They’re trying to fight it, but it’s a losing battle. See, the thing with cable is that you have to be sitting down at a certain place at a certain time to see something. And if you’ve missed it, unless you have it set to record, it’s really hard to find it again. You have to wait until the reair it - which Cartoon Network doesn’t really make it easy to find and figure out.

We at TTV have always thought that LEGO should make their entertainment more readily and immediately available. Which is why, now, we’re completely supporting them as they have done their absolute best to make sure that Journey to One is available, day one, online to stream. That’s the future of entertainment.

I understand that it isn’t available in all countries, but we need to show them that that works. Again, if LEGO had made Chima or Ninjago available on any streaming platform, we wouldn’t have shared those alternative sites to begin with. But LEGO, so far, still remains partially in the past when it comes to entertainment. This is a step in the right direction.

The third reason is that Bionicle has been a low-investment line for them. There’s no denying it. Ninjago, Chima and Nexo Knights got full order television shows, Bionicle got four episodes and a web series. If you enjoy the line, you have to realize that putting it elsewhere is dangerous, because LEGO can’t trek those metrics. If the Bionicle show isn’t successful, then that’s it. Bionicle is done. This revival will last until 2017, and that will be all of the story content we get. So it’s very important to us, specifically for Bionicle, to make sure that they see how many people actually watch that show.

Bonus fourth reason: still too much work for really nothing. Good luck actually getting someone to do it. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Ah I gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up!
I kinda understood where you were coming from not removing the links even before I made this post, but it’s always nice to have confirmation, y’know?

Well I’m not a cast member so I guess that’s a negative…but in all seriousness I really don’t like the whole “early access” to certain stuff (such as ttv talks) and ttv after show only being available to people who pay for it on Vessel. Also Var yells alot. ALOT. But that’s why we all love right? Right? We all love Var…right?

2 Likes

On air yeah he’s okay.

On the boards, ehhhh…

(Clear sarcasm)

I feel like i’m gonna lose my hearing if the other members keep ticking him off he keeps it up :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Var is a force to be reckoned with.

2 Likes

The way I see it, he’s sorta like… an over protective mother, and the boards/show are his children. We’re all just random kids who he let hang out with his children, and most of us are pretty cool. But if we do anything to threaten them, THE PLAYDATE IS OVER

8 Likes

I really ont know, I haven’t really wthced the channel in a while, but I don’t like how biocraft was cancelled

1 Like

The channel is pretty great. There’s only one think I don’t like about it. And it starts with an E and ends with a Y.

/s