Things You Dislike About the Channel

Whether you can control it or not that doesn’t make it any less of an issue, especially when LEGO could have easily fixed it themselves when the sets were released.

4 Likes

That’s the thing: sometimes LEGO couldn’t control it.

Naaah, they could. Most people are complaining that Eljay sees blue pins and red axles as cons, but it’s a completely acceptable con because they break up the color scheme and LEGO has black versions of those molds already so there really isn’t any excuse to use the blue and red ones.

6 Likes

to be honest why did lego start using blue pins? to make the connectors more visible?

1 Like

I imagine it had to do with decreasing the difficulty in Technic sets, and they didn’t feel the need to make multiple colors anymore, so they just went with blue.

My best guess.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m assuming it was to make building easier by making the parts brighter and easier to visualize. This way not only does it make it less of a hassle to find the pieces but also makes it harder to lose if you drop it.

Kinda like how they made the button on Dragonbolt red, or the triggers on the Tarakava yellow, so that kids could tell it was meant to be pressed

So it certainly works for younger kids, but as far older more experienced builders they serve no purpose except to break the lovely color scheme.

4 Likes

Actually there were always two colors, originally it was black for course, thicker pins: heavy resistance. The loose pins were light-grey. In 2003 they switched to blue for heavy resistance and tan for loose.
The resoning behind it mostly goes back to the target audience of bionicle going from technic to more kid friendly. The blue and tan were more easily distinguished from black axils and pegs of the same size, and less easy for kids to lose.

6 Likes

I’d say that’s only marginally an excuse; set design is honestly always within LEGO’s realm of control. Now, it might be more cost effective to use certain molds or colors, but at no point are they physically unable to control their own set design. They just mostly chose not to, for whatever reasons they see fit.

Doesn’t mean that they can’t be considered flaws though.

3 Likes

Any examples?

Examples of what? They’re a toy company, they have the ability to make new parts whenever they want, it just cost money and that’s not something they’re going to want to do.

Not like it matters though, because like I said, they already have these parts in black, there was no good reason to change them and break the color scheme.

1 Like

Seems like a pretty good reason to me… :smiley:

In 2007, some of the Mahri sets still used black axles, while others used red.

1 Like

red axles were made official in 2008 making their debut on the toa Phantoka.
Although, they had a subtle release in the duel between count dooku and yoda in 2002 which included a single red axle.

1 Like

Red axles were used in all years of exo-force (2006-2008). They were used as the eye pieces for the robots.

I also remember seeing them in set 1349 (one of my favorite sets as a kid), which was released in 2000.

1 Like

Man, I remember 2006, when Vezon and Exo Force had those red axles. I thought they were so cool at the time. 'Cause I hadn’t seen different colors for them.

If only I knew what was to come.

3 Likes

This isn’t really on topic, I guess, but if we are saying stuff we’d like to change/add/remove, I’d like to say that the TTVlogs would be cool to continue if even for a few episodes. It really adds to the understanding of what a member is expressing if you can see them, even if you can’t see their face (Eljay :P).

5 Likes

I agree, the Vlogs where great. Just like Varderan pirating Portal 2.

Also Meso’s awesome custom little Sword/Cutter/Killer/Sharp Glove.

Then Eljay’s lame backwards Bionicle banner.

Same here. On Ebay Today may actually be what got me into TTV, and I was sad when I heard Ven wouldn’t be doing them anymore.
And if OET wasn’t it, then Autopsy was :stuck_out_tongue:! Autopsy still remains my favorite of TTV productions, and probably always will.

And I swear, Meso, you better hurry up with MNOG2 :smile:
I can’t wait!

3 Likes

Well, if I had to say something;

One would be it feels like forever until the new videos series come out after they are announced. Though, I do understand why. It takes a long time from having the idea and deciding to do it to actually producing it. But, it still would be nice to get the stuff sooner after it’s announced. :stuck_out_tongue:

Only other thing would be that sometimes it feels like we go through lengths of times without any new content. Again, this is understandable, but it no less something I dislike.

I just have to say this as well, I saw a few say a schedule would be great for your channel. I highly disagree, schedules get rid the fun of checking your channel everyday not always knowing what you’ll find. Some minecraft youtubers I like scheduled there channels this year, and it actually made me lose a lot of interest in their channels. There’s just something about not knowing what you will find that makes channels fun to follow.

1 Like

One thing that might be fun is more game-nights. (And this is just a personal preference) but possibly play around with some more console stuff (don’t get me wrong, I love steam!) I think a MK8 game night could be really fun for example! It could be really fun to record these as well, and maybe post them as a long video. Gives people the chance to see how you interact with fans, and have fun with em. :slight_smile:

3 Likes