To Everyone Who Says they Don't want a G3

As long as it stays true to what Bionicle is, sure, but this Brick version TTV is trying to push is anything but staying true to it. The playset format didn’t workout for an obvious reason, Bionicle was always a technic based line, scaling it down to bricks and minifigs won’t work unless you plan to make very detailed builds. Besides, after how Lego treated G2, G3 would have less chance to take off, it would just crash and burn even faster.

1 Like

But System is obviously more successful than Constraction these days, so if we want a third generation to succeed, System is the way to go.

7 Likes

I don’t think anyone here actually expects this to happen. I think it’s more of a “How could it work?” scenario.

Also this

6 Likes

ill admit ttv got roasted in this post buddy but the g3 ttv project is just for fun

don’t take it so seriously

don’t worry about it

3 Likes

I got this weird feeling I’ve posted in this topic before…but I haven’t. Anyways, I want to say something on Bionicle G3 as this is a subject I have interest in. I’m going to get straight to the point:

I don’t want there to be a Bionicle G3 unless Lego plans to do it right.

I find it funny that as Bionicle G2 was canceled, a bunch of Star Wars constraction sets popped up. But that’s neither here nor there.

G2 proved to me that Lego doesn’t know how to properly handle it’s IPs right now. And the treatment Bionicle got in The Lego Movie only serves to further confirm that with me. At this point, I want Bionicle to stay dead so it can rest in peace. But If Lego eventually insists on bringing it back (which we all know deep down they will eventually), here is how I’d like to see them do it:

And for the love of Mata Nui: No, I am not promoting my Chaotic Talks series nor is the link intended to be a promotion.

TL;DR:

1. I want to see a return to form with more variety and technic-like parts
  2. I want CCBS to stay
  3. I want to see other characters from G1 used instead of Tahu, his team, and makuta. Maybe even some new characters.
  4. No more islands with oddly specific elemental zones. Let’s use the entire planet this time.
  5. Dark Souls style Lore. You have a basic story on top with Lore that enhances said story underneath. If you want to go lore digging, the lore is there and doesn’t get in the way.
  6. I’d like to see G3 marketed properly.

It’s completely fine if you don’t agree with my ideas on a Bionicle G3. This is just what I would like to see. And again, I don’t want a Bionicle G3 unless Lego plans to do it right.

That was for force Friday though

Well I’m not saying right as it was canceled, I’m saying around the time it was canceled. Truth be told, I probably should have been a little more clear on that.

why are so many people hating on g2?
Why are so many people hating on hero factory?
G2 and hero factory are both good toy lines, Lego is a toy company not a story company, why do you think bionicle got canned? Because of the Inika build and piraka build with a new mask and new gun added on examples of this are Glatorian, Mahri, Phantoka, Mistika what about the matoran? AV matoran and the actual AV matoran are the worst especially colourless solek and them in 2010 face it who liked the stars? Our favourite bionicle toa Tahu and the heroic takanuva and gresh is the new kid on the block but he’s kinda cool all with the basic AV matoran build, if they gave Tahu a yellow mask and said he was jaller that would be kinda cool also why is Tahu gold why not takanuva why is takanuva silver the Tahu could’ve been a mata that you could turn into nuva, and the panrahk is now yellow and he’s teasing his poor (sister?) guurakh and attakus is dressed as tuma then vezok oh no it’s nektan the grand leader of all the skakdi and this I have to question is what you wanted back because those were the recent years of bionicle, the sales dropped so hey why not bring out a new wave of toys which are like AV matoran ‘nope’ I quote the fan the villains have knees and elbows and hands and armour and so do the heroes ‘Nope’ says the fan how about we use some ideas from bionicle such as robotic beasts that are like rahi ‘nope’ says the fan how 'bout we use the brain attack like krana or Titans like makuta and brutaka or minimen like 06 in mechs ‘nope nope nope nope nope and finally nope’ how about we bring back bionicle with parts from hero factory such as the super posable arms and legs and even head except with a gear function ‘nope’ how about we give up.

1 Like

To awnser that question… I don´t really know.
I don´t really know if I want a G3.
Yes, the TTV´s pitch is awesome and all, but it just reiterates that Bionicle doesn´t have a suitable audience anymore.
Action figures don´t sell, and System is the only thing that works.
Look, I wasn´t born in the 90´s and the only G1 set I have is the Stars Tahu. I wanted G2 to make me get into the series as a proper fan and consumer and not as someone who spent hours memorizing the G1 story, so I could feel like I was in a community. But dumb kids didn´t want to get into it. G2 would´ve been able to compete with Ninjago storywise if it had room to grow. But that just couldn´t happen, could it?
I don´t know if I want a G3. The Bionicle fandom can´t solve everything by whining and having a temper tantrum to “prove to Lego that Bionicle has an audience”, because it has been proved that constraction, of “unknown” or unpopular characters, just doesn´t have a place competing with Star Wars.

Though… Lego hasn´t ruled out a G3, which means they´re probably planning something. System would be a good idea, if TTV actually pitched Brickonicle to Lego… that would be awesome. But for System G3 to work, we´ll need massive advertising and a TV show. Netflix isn´t enough. I want G3 EVERYWHERE if we want to relive the glory days properly… and fill the gaping hole in my heart that was never full in the first place.

Who´s with me?

I mean, System lines these days usually get a fully-fledged TV show and massive advertising, so it would get those things right off the bat.

Yeah let’s compete against our most profitable line with this line that was originally canceled before Ninjago even launched for being too complex in story.

I don’t hate G2. I’m disappointed in G2.

I don’t hate HF. I love HF.

I meant G2 could compete storywise with Ninjago.

Not in a sales competition, tho.

I don’t think you want to do that either tbh.

4 Likes

My idea? A story about minifigs with a similar story only not called BIONICLE
bionicle G2 bombed… HARD

so why would lego bring it back? Is there a topic about bringing back Galidor? No because it bombed and people hated it! Blieve me I loved bionicle but it just cannot return!

Mainly because no one knew about it.

I’m going to prefix this post by saying that it’s quite late at night, and I’m not the best in general at articulating things well or supporting arguments in the first place. I apologize if anything I say is poorly written or thought-out.

That said, I want a G3, but only if it has the same love and attention put into that G1 had.

G1 had brilliant design and character development, as well as the necessary consequences of story and world building. For those who say that I’m comparing 10 years to 2, fair enough, but year 1 had MNOG, which is far more than G2 ever had. Was there ever an Okoto Online Game? G2 sorely lacked that interactive story experience.

People say that Tahu Gen1 and Tahu Gen2 are different characters and as such shouldn’t be compared, but that doesn’t change that Tahu G2 didn’t have nearly the depth that Tahu G1 had. This is a fact, regardless of whether or not they are the same character. Transformers remodelled Optimus Prime several times, but each time he had at least a similar level of depth to the version that came before him. The point is, BIONICLE has already demonstrated an ability to give us in-depth characters and world-building, so there is no reason why we should not expect that same level of quality from the new as the old. Just because Transformers G2 was different from Transformers G1, doesn’t mean that it is wrong to compare the two or expect similar levels of depth and quality. Even though they didn’t have as much time to build G2, even first year G1 had better storyline than G2 had, or at least articulated it better.

Despite all of G2’s shortcomings, I would like a G3 after LEGO gets it together and decides to do it right, (right is inherently subjective.) I personally want the G1 building system back, but that is just my nostalgia talking. Really, if they just rereleased all of the G1 sets with identical canisters and characters, I’d be happy. If the Toa Inika reappeared on store shelves with a price of 20$, I’d buy every single one without batting an eye.

Again, this is all just my opinion. Thank you for taking the time to read my exasperatingly long paragraph where I repeat myself over and over and end with something that should probably be in a separate post. I don’t know how to conclude this, so I guess I’ll just stop here.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Honestly, I think that the Biowave Project is exactly how I want Bionicle G3 to happen. People who know what was good about G1, working together to create an interesting storyline, which is part of G1, with characters both old and new, creative set design with integrated functions… The future seems bright.

I just want to make this clear to all who still belive G2 got canned for poor sales and base it on shelf-warmig. You must uunderstand the simplicity of buying things online were as just during the last years or so buying things online have become so easy that most people choose it over buying it at the store. Which means most customers may already have purchased the figures they want from Lego shop instead of going to let’s say a target or wal mart. This gives lego the profit direcly and customers will receive their toys in most cases better conditions than those at Wal-mart etc and i have heard quite a few stories about their being opened sets and what not in the stores. So i say G2 did sell well but stores in generall have been replaced with the internet instead because customers are more satisfied with getting their product at their. door step rather than driving to the store . The times changes. you know

2 Likes

G2 totally nullified the reasoning for the G1 cancellation - so it would stay in good memory to retailers, so at this point I feel like bringing back Bionicle is equally as much of a risk as bringing out another Lego line with a totally new name.

Talking from an entirely personal perspective and not about its viability as a selling line… I am too nostalgic of the original Bionicle to fairly judge anything new under the same name. For me, this is a question of “Do I want to unfairly judge a promising series of new Lego sets (via my nostalgia glasses) just because it has a particular name.” I don’t.

3 Likes

It doesn’t have to be called Bionicle. Maybe it’s called “Lego: The Chronicler’s Company” if it focuses on Takanuva, Kapura, Macku, Kopeke, Tamaru, Taipu, and Hafu, for example.

Obviously it’s basically Bionicle G3, but no one but the fans knows it.

I’d Love a G3

However, what I don’t want is to have it thrust upon us to fill in the void of G2

it’s been a while since G2 ended and honestly I wouldn’t mind another half-decade to live with myself and without the influence of G2. That and to see if Lego can ever prove itself more competent this time around rather than just throwing things on the board to see what sticks. Honestly I can wait for a new Bionicle, atleast let the dust settle and for Lego to step up it’s game

3 Likes