Toa Mangai names?

What are the names of the Toa Mangai besides the 4 we already know. Just curious since Lhikan was my favorite Toa.

3 Likes

There names have never been stated. I don’t know if Greg would want to think up 7 or 8 names

I’m pretty sure Greg’s not allowed to assign new names without permission from Lego’s legal department.

5 Likes

Well that stinks. Thanks anyways.

We do know that Tuyet was one though, don’t we?

1 Like

Yes, she is one of the 4 the OP mentioned–Lhikan, Tuyet, Nidhiki, and Naho. The OP was asking about the other Toa Mangai, whose names we do not know.

1 Like

Oh. I must have misread the question.

Considering Naho Bay and The Mangai Volcano were Mata Nui places named after the Toa Mangai, one could extrapolate and make the argument that perhaps other Mata Nui locations were named after Toa Mangai.
Tiro, Leva, Motara, Kanae, Kumu, & Nihu.
Of course I’m not saying this is canon or even potentially canon; I’m just throwing out neat ideas for questions we’ll never get answers to.

2 Likes

There’s also Pala, Marn, Fau, and Hura-Mafa.

I believe Greg has previously said these are not named after Matoran or Toa, but don’t quote me on that. (Headcanon accepted! :stuck_out_tongue:)

2 Likes

Hey, a little Greg sprinkled here or there has never stopped me! :triumph:

The only issue there is the elements. We know that the team had at least three Toa of ice, and since most of those locations aren’t in the Ko-regions of Mata Nui, than why would they bear the names of ice Toa. Besides, isn’t it confirmed that the team had, like 11 Toa?

2 Likes

Perhaps it could shed some light on the names of the Toa of Stone, Toa of Earth, and Toa of Plantlife.

Kanae Bay -> I recall it was located close to the Le-Wahi region, which is mostly jungle. So I figure Kanae is actually the name of the Bo-Toa. While Nidhiki was the Toa of Air, I doubt Matau or the other Turaga would name a location after one of the guys who tried to kill them. Never mind Nidhiki’s infamy as a tratior to Metru Nui before that.

Tiro Canyon - rocky outcropping near Onu Wahi…Safe bet that the Earth Toa was probably the namesake

Motara Desert - Easy, desert on the outskirts of Po Koro…probably the Toa of Stone

5 Likes