Toy Story

Chances are, you’ve seen Toy Story.
Chances are you loved it. Maybe you still do! Heck, It’s my favorite movie!

So let’s talk about it. I’m especially interested to see your thoughts on today’s mindblowing announcement of Toy Story 4, and your personal memories of these childhood classics.

5 Likes

HOW DID I NOT HEAR ABOUT THIS?!?!?

Please don’t make it another Cars 2, Pixar…I’m begging you.

But yeah, naturally I’ve seen and loved them all. I think my favorite part is when Woody says, “You’re flying!,” and Buzz says, “No, I’m falling with style.”

8 Likes

It will forever be my favorite movie series. First two ruled my young childhood, and the third was no less amazing.
-Oonie

Unless it’s a prequel, it’s going to ruin 3’s ending.

1 Like

Not a prequel, and I agree, but Lasseter’s in charge of this, and his one quote on this seems like he is genuinely excited to do this and if John F***ing Lasseter thinks he has a story to tell, you put your absolute faith in him.

Yes…

Yes…

Yes…

WHAT?!?!?!?!

1 Like

Not realy, it could be the same toys with the new kid.

Thats probably what they’re doing.

They have already done a short with that setting so it seems very probable.

I honestly don’t rememebr the first two very well…

I guess I should rewatch them sometime. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s hoping they revive the LEGO line from 2010

2 Likes

My only problem is that any sort of continuation will ruin the ending that was given at the end of Three.

Not a prequel, and I agree, but Lasseter’s in charge of this, and his one quote on this seems like he is genuinely excited to do this and if John F***ing Lasseter thinks he has a story to tell, you put your absolute faith in him

1 Like

I’m not surprised they’re coming out with a 4th. With a new owner there’s a lot of new opportunity.

1 Like

Who thinks it will be like the star wars prequel trilogy or the new trilogy?

What do you mean?

Will they make a new trilogy for this like the star wars films, and will it be sequels or prequels?

It’s not a prequel, and with a June 2017 release date, I think it’s probably a little too early ro be thinking about Toy Story 5 and 6

I was uninterested in this topic until I saw that bit about Toy Story 4. Now I need to watch Toy Story 3, the only one I never saw.

I have enough faith in Lasseter to create another “Toy Story” movie. This exact scenario happened when 3 came out, yet it is still one of the best films from the company. Will we have Andy, No. But the writers now have the chance to write a new set of films, centering around a new kid, Bonnie. For the newest generation, she’ll be their Andy. Because of that, I hope they will have the same amount of effort for “Toy Story 4” as they did with the previous three.

1 Like