Transformers: Animated

you’re in for a wild ride

not Implying that guy is there, no he comes in some comics

1 Like

I’ve watched the whole show, and it’s fantastic in my opinion. The way the story and backstories of the characters is developed over time, as well as it’s ability to tell the classic story but completely different allows it to rise above other cartoons, in my opinion. And it didn’t shy away from discussing more mature topics- Thrill of the Hunt in particular did a fantastic job of dealing with Ratchet’s PTSD.

One of the best aspects of the show is how the Decepticons are portrayed. It’s one of the few times they actually seem like a legitimate threat. They tower over the Autobots and require the entire team to work together to take them down, and they don’t appear in every episode. Whenever one showed up it was an “oh crap” moment, something that other transformers shows haven’t been able to achieve.

Additionally, they didn’t shy away from killing characters, which has always been an issue of mine with the Prime cartoon. It didn’t happen often, but when it benefited the story they went for it. I appreciate that in an age of cop-outs where we refuse to kill off characters for this reason or that.

Maybe I’m just biased because Animated was the Transformers of my childhood, but I’ve watched it since then and I think it stands the test of time. I would wholly recommend it to anyone who hasn’t watched it yet.

4 Likes

https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/12/26/rest-in-peace-derrick-j-wyatt-transformers-animated-director-unexpectedly-passes-away-447193
Well this strings me the most.

2 Likes