Transformers: Beast Wars

exept, you know, save Optimus Prime’s life and saving all transformers on cybetron from Megatron (BW), and also reformating Cybetron into a techno organic world.

1 Like

And not even show up (to my limited knowledge) in the newer stuff.

It just kinda urks me that they had so many great characters, with compelling stories and all that…and then Primal won.

Might as well have chosen Hotrod again.

And this will give him a chance to do so.

1 Like

So why do people like this show? I watched bits of it and it looks awful, especially the animation. I also don’t like how they become organic creatures. Isn’t becoming a vehicle much more useful? They do that to get to places faster after all.

Plus there’s the really cringy voices and dialogue plus the models look ugly.

1 Like
  1. The characters are awesome and memorable.
  2. It was one of the first shows of its kind using CG models, of course it looks weird.
  3. Watch the show and you’ll know why they turn into animals only.
2 Likes

shrug

I remember enjoying the show when I was younger, despite the flaws you pointed out.

Nostalgia rules this thread, methinks. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Or you could just answer my question. :confused:

I realize that, but that doesn’t excuse the fact that it still looks ugly today. Plus, nothing was stopping them from using 2D Animation instead.

That’s an opinion. Of course, it’s not one I can debate since I never actually watched the show.

First parts are really cringy. I reccomend skip to mid season if you wanna ignore the chese

1 Like

well, when you’re trying to blend in with prehistoric earth, coupled with the fact that there are no vehicles anywhere on pre-historic earth.

yeah, you’ll get that from early CGI. back in the 90’s, this was great.

it’s the franchise branching out, and trying new things.

I thought the voice cast was fine. Granted, Scott McNiel did practically 1/2 the cast, but still.

2 Likes

Code of Hero is a really good one, and one of the most well rememberd episodes from the show… but i don’t think you should watch it just yet because there are continuity elements that could throw you off, plus the emotional parts might miss if you just jumped into this episode.

2 Likes

Because Scott McNeil voiced a lot.

And Danny Kaye is Megatron.

And Gary Chalk is Optimus Primal.

1 Like

Well that is one heck of an opinion you got there. Could have been a bit kinder about it but whatever. Honestly you can say a lot of the same stuff about G1. I honestly don’t think that the animation hasn’t aged that bad, but it’s a pretty unpopular opinion, even amongst other BW fans. The voice acting is pretty good, way better than G1 in my opinion. And as for the animal thing, I thought it was a pretty cool idea, trying to be different from the original. And there’s also the other reasons that everyone else brought up.

2 Likes

The animation does look bad, though.

Well IMO it didn’t really do so well. Sure the writing is good but they should have figured that 3D animation was still in it’s youth and needed to mature. Still doesn’t excuse the fact that Veggietales, with even less of a budget, made better looking 3D cartoons a few years prior.

It feels more like a trend if anything. A lot of animation was jumping on the 3D bandwagon in the mid-90s, so it feels more like a product of it’s time.

Why though? Nobody will be around to report giant robots fighting each other on Earth since, if we’re talking prehistoric earth, intelligence hasn’t been developed. They could have just used Cybertronian vehicles as well if finding a vehicle was an issue.

I disagree. It just doesn’t sound good at all.

I’m sure you can. The voice acting (besides Optimus Prime) wasn’t very good and the writing was kinda bleh. However, it benefitted from very good animation and good lore building (seriously G1 lore is awesome). I’m not sure how deep the world building for Beast Wars is, but if it’s good, then good for that.

I’d like to clarify: I’m not a geewun. I know G1 has problems. Lots of them in fact. Which is why I’ve been looking for good Transformers media and stumbled upon Beast Wars. When I first saw it, all it seemed like was G1 but with weird animal transformers and bad animation.

I have sense discovered Transformers Animated, and I like it a lot. And apparently there’s Beast Wars stuff in there too, so everyone can be happy.

1 Like

Well, I guess it could used to hide from other transformers

Although that’s about the most useful thing I can think of.

But yeah, I’ve seen Beast Wars on Netflix and avoided it, mainly because of the bad CGI. I understand it was made in the 90’s, but we’re living in 2017…

I might still end up watching, just to see if I like it.

I probably should watch that.

1 Like

Yes! Yes you should!

It’s fun. It’s different from other Transformers series where it doesn’t take itself super seriously, and the style might turn some people off, but it has a strong first season, and has my favorite incarnation of Megatron to date.

I suppose you’re right about that. Although I dunno how that helps Optimus Primal since Giant Gorillas didn’t exist along with dinosaurs.

That’s actually[quote=“Chronicler, post:98, topic:29226”]
dunno how that helps Optimus Primal since Giant Gorillas didn’t exist along with dinosaurs.
[/quote]

explained. The maximals where going for subtlety. The predacons went for the most powerful creature.

1 Like

Subtlety? Again though. Giant gorilla. Giant rats. That doesn’t seem subtle.

Also why is Cheetor a “maximal” if Cheetahs are predators?

1 Like

The faction separation wasn’t of prey and predator. Maximals where mammals and birds, and predacons where reptiles and bugs.

Have you truly watched the first episode Cronk? Because they do explain why they need animal based alternate modes, it’s to protect themselves from suffering Energon build up from the unstable Energon crystals on the planet. Vehicles would be useless if they could not properly shield the transformers.

3 Likes