Transformers Live-Action Movies

Right, and I don’t enjoy him and Prime looking the same. If you want to go with the whole Knight thing, make Prime the heroic knight, and Megatron can be the horrible, huge monster of a being, with spikes and blades sticking out everywhere and large, bulky armor.

1 Like

Yeah, the problem being that they’re not polar opposites of each other. If they want an “Anti-Optimus”, they should bring in Nemesis Prime. I don’t mind them looking similar to each other (they could use it to symbolize their brotherly relationship), but you can’t simplify Megatron’s character like that.

2 Likes

FTFY :mask:

1 Like

I liked the first three when I saw them, but that was probably because I was younger and blinded by the big awesome robots. However, the 4th movie was the first time I walked out of a cinema legitimately hating what I just saw. I despised the humans and the robot fights were poorly executed. There were a few lines from the Transformers I like (“Here’s a little ju-ju bean” “Autobots, Decepticons. Like little Children; always fighting…”, etc.) however the overall structure of the movie was horrible. While I liked the trailer for the fifth one when I saw it the first few times, the bad taste of the other films quickly set in and now, I doubt I’ll even go and see it.

3 Likes

Just going to say this looks awesome

9 Likes

More like “Rethink your movie”

6 Likes

That’s the best poster for a Transformers movie I’ve ever seen! Looks like they also redid Prime’s facemask to retain more of the triangle shape. I’m excited!

4 Likes

Let’s hope Bumblebee’s arm is still attached to his body…

Also, they did a great job of making Optimus look sinister. Even if he didn’t have the purple eyes, the lack of lighting on his body, his posture, and they way he seems to be glaring into the distance also work to create the look.

3 Likes

Prime’s eyes look so bright…He looks like he is either totally mindless, or his eyes are wide in horror…

Looks fantastic either way.

4 Likes

“Rethink your Heroes”. Interesting. For me, that could mean one of three two things:

1. Optimus is truly evil

This might contradict his “forgive me” line in the trailer, but what if Optimus isn’t possessed at all? What if he’s asking the other Autobots to forgive his actions because he believes he’s doing the right thing by bringing Cybertron to Earth? Perhaps something he sees on his journey in space causes him to have this change of heart?

That said, I hope they don’t take this route. Fans complained that Prime was too dark in AOE, having him willingly turn evil would be enough for some to pull out their pitchforks and torches. No matter what might happen to him, Optimus would never sacrifice another species for his own.

2. Megatron will be the “hero” of the Last Knight, bringing Optimus out of his trance and helping him save the day

Okay, Megatron probably won’t see the error of his ways and become an Autobot or anything, but we do see him talking to what appears to be Lennox in the trailer. Megatron’s the only one that stands a chance against Optimus in a fight, and he could see this as his chance to finally put an end to his brother. He an Optimus fight, Optimus breaks free of the Creator’s control, and the two team up against their common enemy.

3. I’m overthinking this popcorn flick and it’s not going to be the story-driven Transformers movie that I’ve fooled myself into thinking it’s going to be.

5 Likes

Your First Theory: Nopedy nope nope. It won’t happen, and goes completely against his character, as you said.

Your Second Theory: That would be awesome.

Your Third Theory: Maybe. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Voting number 2, many people including myself have thought of that since in the trailer you can see Lennox talking to megatron

And I should read what you say because you said that, I should stop looking just at the black letters

3 Likes

It sorta happened in DOTM, but I felt that it was glossed over and Optimus and Megatron went right back to fighting after Megatron saved Optimus from Sentinel. If Megatron does agree to help the Autobots, it needs to happen sooner and be a big issue in the movie (you can’t just have a character whose been called the Harbinger of Death join the good guys without some uneasy feelings).

That’ll be an interesting conversation, I bet…

Also, I am still excited for this movie and will still enjoy it even if it doesn’t end up being more story-driven. I’ve enjoyed all of the others so far and I doubt I’ll be disappointed with this one no matter what happens.

*EDIT!

Wikipedia has some very interesting info on the Last Knight’s cybertronian cast. Of course, given that we’re talking about Wikipedia here, it’s best to take the following information with a grain of salt. I’m just posting it because no one else has and it would be cool if some of some of this came true.

1. Hot Rod has a personality quite like his G1 (Pre-Rodimus Prime) self: immature, hot-headed, and arrogant. He speaks with a French accent (hopefully not some overblown, stereotypical impression by an American actor).

2. Sqweeks was damaged in battle, cannot transform (that bit’s from TFWiki), and can only say the word “Chihuahua” as a result (this will only be funny if the writers don’t spam it all over the place).

3. The 2017 Aston Martin is an Autobot Headmaster who is described as a polite sociopath (okaaaaaaaaay…?).

4. The rusty Volkswagen is a Decepticon named Hooligan.

5. Another Decepticon, Mohawk, turns into a Confederate Motorcycle.

6. “Mini-Dinobots”. Possibly Slash clones.

7. Others include a Dump Truck with a cloak (awesome), a red McLaren, a silver LeEco LeSEE Pro Concept (don’t ask me, I’m not a car person), and a P417 HMS Alliance submarine (please let that be Tidal Wave).

3 Likes

I can’t remember the source, but Hot Rod also has two alt modes. He’ll be the Lambo we’ve seen so far, and a red sports car, which is more like his G1 counterpart.

2 Likes

The Dinobots have been confirmed to have more screen time and personalities in the Last Knight! The mini-Dinobots rumor has also been confirmed!

What do you think? Unicron? Cybertron? - I didn’t follow any news about Bayformers until this showed in my YT feed but this seems too interesting to leave alone.

2 Likes

It looks a lot like Cybertron from when we saw it in DOTM, but it looks too small and looks like it’s been partially terrafromed. I guess we’ll find out either during the Superbowl or when the movie comes out (hopefully the latter).

1 Like

I think so too, I would say it’s Unicron through… it seems to be sharing a lot of design choices of the old Unicron. - The only thing in common it has with Cybertron is the surface.

Let’s compare.

Compared to Cybertron

1. It has the same surface.
  2. It has that broken-down feel.

Compared to Unicron

1. It is a planet that moves.
  2. seems to have a “ring” of sorts.
  3. Is about the size of Moon.
  4. It is similar to cybertron but much smaller. (like some versions of Unicron)
  5. It seems to either have a spark or some sort of living core.
2 Likes

I’m positive it’s cybertron

there was a leak a while back that confirmed cybertron was in it

also if this was actually Unicron this would be the lamest Unicron ever that looks nothing like him besides being a planet

not like that’s a new thing for these movies

2 Likes

This. - They made Hot Rod french, The Fallen an ugly pharaoh-like alien. - This wouldn’t be the first bad deign change for a character they did.

2 Likes