Transformers Live-Action Movies

Wait what. He’s French now? Did I miss something?

1 Like

He will have a French accent.

1 Like

Why tho…
Like what does Hot Rod have to do with France.

2 Likes

The design looks… not like Hot Rod, but I guess they got the personality right, if this is official. I’m calling it. He dies.

2 Likes

He has some similarities to Bumblebee, which is fitting since the two are now “brothers”. The forearms and door wings especially.

2 Likes

Why didn’t they just make him Cliffjumper?

3 Likes

they already did the evil red clone, Stinger

3 Likes

Yeah, they were probably worried that kids would get confused.

1 Like

I’ll agree with that. Besides Optimus Prime in 1-3, and Starscream keeping a jet mode, most of the Transformers have looked nothing like their G1 counterparts. I think that’s ok, since there’s really three iconic looks in Transformers that have to stay somewhat cohesive through every form of media. One is Optimus, two is Unicron, and three is Hot Rod/Rodimus. I’d be ok with this design more if they flipped the primary and secondary colors, remade his head (which looks just rubbish to me) and made the wings form his spoiler-thingy on his back. Then I’d be fine. Oh, and ditch the French accent. That’s weird.

TFW2005 did report from their set visit that Hot Rod has two modes in the film, and the second one is more red, so, maybe that will be the G1 callback design everyone wants.

4 Likes

I honestly don’t even want Hot Rod…anywhere, never liked him and seeing as he is the harbinger of death for a certain Prime…I see it best that he does not re-appear…

1 Like

Agreed. Plus the supposed french accent just because…

I didn’t really like the first two or the fourth. For some reason I really liked Dark of the Moon.

One of my most major gripes is how some of the most liked characters in the franchise as a whole die. Ironhide, Jazz, Ratchet, Starscream, etc. Along with the emphasis on the human characters, I mean, really, I went to see a movie about the bots, not the humans.

I’m not saying I hate the movies, I just dislike them for multiple different reasons.

3 Likes

I agree. I don’t really like Hot Rod either, but he’s still an iconic character with an iconic design for what happens to Prime.

1 Like

Some of those sites reported that Prime would be “Questioning his leadership” in this film, so maybe he hurts Bumblebee in their fight, then decides he is not worthy and gives up the matrix.

3 Likes

I’d be open to Rodimus Prime being a thing

just so long as he’d be well written like the IDW version

but these are the movies so he probably won’t be

4 Likes

He will probably be just another Bumblebee or Jazza so kiddies can laugh at his stupid antics.

Hot Rod…

What have they done to you?

3 Likes

We have our first official look at Deluxe Barricade!

Overall, I really think it looks nice. Not DotM by any stretch of the imagination, but still not bad.

3 Likes

Those are some cool accessories he has there. Now if only there was a hinge to get rid of that backpack…

Speaking of toys, we also have images for toys of Sqweeks, Bumblebee, and Optimus

Image result for shadow spark optimus prime

Image result for shadow spark optimus prime

Toy News: Yahoo! Movies reveals "The Last Knight" Sqweeks R/C figure

Yeah, I know the some of the pics are duplicated. Sorry about that…

1 Like

“Dark Spark”/corpse optimus, another masterpiece bee and then an rc toy

Sure do love the toys now

1 Like