Transformers Live-Action Movies

I hope the whole series stays in the same timeline just because eighties. I love the retro designs though

Getting pretty excited, but I’ve got conflicted feelings about the retro designs in the Cybertron sequence. On one hand, they’re gorgeous, and I’d love an entire prequel movie set on Cybertron (I feel like we were supposed to be getting one of those at one point…), but on the other, they conflict with the style aesthetic of the other designs seen in the movie, let alone the other movies. It’s quick, but Shatter and Blitzwing are in the same frame as Shockwave. Blitzwing doesn’t look that odd, but I question if Shatter and Dropkick are going to look weird standing next to G1 Shockwave and Soundwave. Shatter especially screams movie design, and while she’s mainly out of frame when she is on screen in that same shot as Shockwave, come full film release, I think the Cybertron sequence could be very jarring, especially if we get a Movie 1 Megatron cameo of him shooting off after the All Spark or something. Cybertron also looks nothing like it did in DOTM or TLK.

I’m excited, but at the same time, how completely all over the place the movie canon is infuriates me. This is obviously a prequel to 2007, since we see Hoover Dam in the trailer and Sector 7 is running around, but we also see Shockwave in his now G1 inspired Cybertronian form, however, we know what that looks like in the movieverse because DOTM happened. So, what, Shockwave has two different designs where he changes his eye color and gunhand?

It’s so annoying. At this point, I’d rather Bumblebee be a straight up reboot so we can ditch the baggage of the messy movie timeline. I’ve tried to make sense of it in the past, but conflicting character designs are the final nail in the coffin for me.

5 Likes

I think at this point it is supposed to be a reboot

3 Likes

Yeah it was announced to be a reboot

1 Like

It was announced as a prequel to the '07 film. Then there was the investors report or whatever that said that the film was going to be a reboot and that a sequel to The Last Knight was dead, and then they walked back that statement. Now it’s both a prequel and a reboot at the same time, and even then, the term “reboot” is a term that’s thrown around too loosely. To the suits, a reboot could mean a new era in the same continuity, while to creatives it means an entirely blank slate and new timeline.

From the trailer today, there’s hints of both. New designs point toward reboot, but familiar elements such as Hoover Dam, Sector 7, and Bee’s face design lend more evidence toward the idea that it’s still firmly a prequel to '07.

As I’ve stated in the past

We simply do not know at this point, which further aggravates me. Just confirm it one way or the other, Paramount. We’re going to have to wait until December at this point to find out, and even then we may not get all the answers we want on the issue, and we’ll have to wait for Box Office numbers to come in and wait for an announcement from Hasbro and Paramount on what the next film will be.

2 Likes

I saw bumblebee and I rather enjoyed it. As a prequel it didn’t work that well (the end shows Optimus on earth ignoring the first movie.). I hope instead of one offs they just reboot the entire series and make bumblebee a prequel to those movies.

5 Likes

im pretty sure it is a reboot

3 Likes

… spoilers

2 Likes

As Hewks states, BB movie is a reboot that doesn’t follow the old Movies(so 07 to TLK), so it’s a whole new universe

Also please hide the spoiler in your post about Prime

2 Likes

Well, I’ve heard that the status of Bumblebee as a reboot is still unclear. iirc corporate keeps insisting that it’s a prequel, but that could easily change if this goes well sales-wise and the people up top see how profitable a new, well-made universe could do.

3 Likes

How? I don’t know how to do the blur thing. Also in the grand scheme of the movie it’s more like fanservice then anything.

[spoiler]text here[ /spoiler]

1 Like

This is pretty much the situation.

It is VERY annoying. Just give us a straight answer you morons.

6 Likes

Done.

1 Like

Bayformer films, well, simply put?
They were absolute garbage as a whole
The first one wasn’t bad, but the rest just went downhill.

However, this new movie?

I’m just gonna dub this a knightformer film

It looks good.
I’m hoping to take a bunch of my friends and go see what the excitement is all about sometime around Christmas.
I’m honestly really excited to see it. It looks so good, and the Common Sense Media review says the really adult content type of stuff is minimal, if not nonexistent.
So.
Yes.
Excited.
:blush:

1 Like

I don’t trust them. This is the same site where parents complain a saw movie is too violent or that a movie is bad becuase it’s not made for newcomers to Said series. No to mention they count holding hands as adult.

1 Like

so bumblebee is the first transformers movie i can say i like without saying “as a guilty pleasure”

so that’s nice

also there’s some stuff in it that screams this is a reboot, one thing in particular, but that’s spoilerinos

4 Likes

To a guy that has never saw any Transformers movie before, would you recommend this new Bumblebee reboot?

1 Like

Would you rather start on Michael Bay’s meh movies? Cause lemme tell you, most of those movies aren’t great, movie or transformers wise

2 Likes

Bumblebee. The only reason the first was any good was becuase a good movie series could have built upon its ideas; it’s why I refuse to add 4 and 5 to my collection despite owning 1-3.

Honestly for a real transformers movie go for transformers the movie. I’m not a snobby fan but I make an exception for that movie; I will not accept you as a transformers fan unless you’ve seen that classic at least once.

2 Likes