Transformers Live-Action Movies

I said before that I might consider getting a Studio Series figure or two. Well, I did. I was in Target today, and I saw Soundwave, Scavenger, and Shatter. I would’ve LOVED to get Shockwave, but, eh, I figured I couldn’t go wrong with Soundwave. And yeah, he looks pretty cool.

I don’t know if I’ll end up getting any more of these, but we’ll see.

2 Likes

Most of them are really nice. I love the jet shatter and I almost want to buy a second scrapper just to have him seperate from the devestator peice. I’ve on and off collectected them not really focusing on any movie or character but there are very few bad ones; some disappointing but most are really good.

2 Likes

For instance, Satellite Soundwave coming in the next wave. The transformation is his legs bending behind him. Not sure what they were thinking with that one. :joy:

1 Like

I agree but at the same time the robot mode looks great. Its not like we know what he looks like anyway since every appearance was based on the toy after the fact.

Okay, here’s a question for y’all (well, it’s more like two questions, but you’ll see why).

In the end-credits segment of Bumblebee, we see seven comets coming to Earth after Optimus’ little congratulation to Bee. These seven will probably constitute our new Autobot cast for that Bumblebee sequel that’s almost certainly in the pipeline.

1. Who do you think the seven comets are?
  2. Who would you want them to be, if you had the choice?
2 Likes

transformers, robots in disguise!

I wouldn’t mind having one or two non mains like seaspray or maybe even a new character like with the combiner wars limbs.

As for the comets though they probably don’t mean anything since bumblebee in in that weird stage of not being a reboot but nit a prequel either. then again who cares; bayformers had more backstories then the G1 constructicons.

1 Like

I disagree, for a couple reasons:

1. This in particular directly contradicts the idea of it being a prequel, and fits more in the “reboot” category, with Bumblebee’s new spin on his old camaro design, and just the existence of this whole conversation. Realistically, Optimus shouldn’t be on Earth for another 20 years, and yet there he is, chatting to Bumblebee and implicitly bringing even more Autobots to Earth. You’d need a whole other movie to explain why they’re not there as of 2007.
  2. It’s not like there isn’t a precedent for stuff like this. In the mess that is the X-Men continuity, First Class and subsequently Days of Future Past worked as a sort of soft reboot, creating its own branch of films revolving around that younger cast of X-Men. Yes, those films sucked, but it at the very least shows that it can be done. Who’s to say that won’t happen here? Higher-ups in Paramount have said they were pleased with Bumblebee’s performance, the original slate of Transformers films for the next few years were all binned off, and Travis Knight and Christina Hodson have both stated that they have ideas for and are interested in a sequel. This is a logical jumping-off point - these characters and this version of the universe have already proven to be popular. Why bother going through the effort of rebooting it from scratch again?
2 Likes

They’ve already shown Wheeljack and Arcee. It’d be logical to bring them back in the continuation of the story.

2 Likes

And Ratchet, and Brawn (albeit he was injured, but that’s not a surefire dealbreaker), and Ironhide briefly :stuck_out_tongue:

Those are probably a given, saves time and effort y’know.

2 Likes

Honestly, there aren’t a whole lot of specific Autobots I’m super attached to… But there is one. I would love for us to get Jazz back again.

1 Like

Aw, Jazz… :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel like there are some certain specific ones, but it almost feels like some of them are changeable enough or only a specific version of the character. Like, I loved Transformers Animated’s rendition of Prowl. But that is very much an atypical Prowl. I would say Wheeljack and Kup are consistent faves of mine though.

1 Like

I also wouldn’t mine using some armada chacater versions like wheel jack, starscream, etc. the series really had some of the best characters just stuck in a meh story.

1 Like

cold take but bumblebee is a good film

2 Likes

That’s an opinion? The only movie that’s better is transformers the movie

2 Likes

I saw someone spectulate that those comets aren’t Autobots, they’re Decepticons, some of which are the ones from the first movie (sans Megatron). Which is a theory that I’m not entirely opposed to, especially since I choose to view Bumblebee as a prequel, like it was supposed to be.

1 Like

The broadcast failed though, the Decepticons have absolutely no reason to know they should come here. That doesn’t just defy the tone of the scene, it defies the internal logic of the film itself.

4 Likes

Eh, true. But still, if we were to go the prequel route, then those comets could’ve been other Autobots that weren’t in the first movie, like Drift, Hound, Crosshairs, or possibly Hot Rod. In TLK, it was said that he’s an old friend of Sir Edmund Burton, but it didn’t say for how long. In fact,now that I think about it, Hot Rod would have a completely legitimate reason for coming. He’d fought with Bumblebee in WWII, so when he heard that Bumblebee was on Earth again, he’d want to come there. Imagine his disappointment when he found out that he wouldn’t be joining Bumblebee on a mission this time…

Personally I’d say that doesn’t make a lick of sense, but none of the continuity does, so what do I know?

5 Likes

Yep. That’s the TF movies series in a nutshell. Sometimes, you just have to turn off your brain.