Transformers: Salvation Signup and OOC Discussion Topic

I am sorry, but if I am railroaded to the very execution without even having time to think at a rescue plan I don’t really have much motivation to still keep her around. I wasn’t responding intentionally because 1) She can’t do literally anything and 2) I needed time to have Gronius find a way to free her, but if I have none of those, then I can’t see why I should continue this.

I wasn’t intending on railroading you, actually. The reason I was drawing this out was to give you time. I said it wasn’t impossible for Wildsong to escape her execution; I was trying to give you opportunities to come up with something for her to do. You didn’t take them, but I’m giving you one last opportunity to at least send Wildsong out somewhat on your own terms.

How could Wildsong do anything if she was in both that claw and stasis cuffs? She couldn’t move, she couldn’t transform, she couldn’t use her thrusters, she had no weapons, she was surrounded by goons, she was in literally in the definition of an impossible solution.
And what should she do now, when she has the literal execution blade in front of her, when she is surrounded by the same, if not even more goons? Letting her say some final words is not going to help me get her out of there at all.
On the other side, I could have at least tried to develop a rescue plan on Gronius’ side, he at least being in the position to try to do something, and being able to do something, unlike Wildsong, who wasn’t able to do anything.
The chances you got in the situation you set up were nule. She couldn’t have done anything. Gronius maybe could have, but you ran me out of time now.
I am sorry, but my motivation in general for continuing this game is pretty low. This really drops the morale even more.

Didn’t you notice that the coils on Brainpan’s head were sparking as she was being shackled in the brig? The same coils that were previously shown to emit bolts of electricity whenever she felt intense emotions? Maybe, if Wildsong had tried to snap Brainpan out of her trance and get her sufficiently angry at Thunderblast leaving you two to die to save her skin, the resulting lightning storm could have shorted out your restraints and maybe cause two nearby guards to get electrocuted and drop their weapons.

I mentioned that Wildsong’s thrusters wouldn’t be disabled until the stasis cuffs were applied; and I was intentionally wording my posts to give you the opportunity to have Wildsong resist being shackled. With the guards so close to her, she might have been able to steal a weapon or two, short out her inhibitor claw, and try her luck at escape then.

In addition, if you had kept playing Wildsong when she and Brainpan were being led onto the train, I would have had two of the Ground Troopers mention that Brainpan’s pet, Mutt, was still loose on the ship. Wildsong and Brainpan could have then devised a way to summon Mutt to them to help break them out.

After that, who knows? Maybe the two could have hid in the bowls of the Adjutant until the New Decepticon Fleet arrived on OL-2-C. Or maybe they could have made a break for a hangar to steal a ship and get the heck outta dodge. As I said: it wasn’t impossible for Wildsong to escape. You had three opportunities to have Wildsong evade death- maybe more even; those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

My policy as a GM has always been to give the players as much freedom as the structure of my games can allow- and I structure my games to provide the opportunity for characters to make a wide variety of meaningful actions that affect the game and the narrative. I’m not big on taking that freedom away at any point, and I wasn’t doing that to you here.

No, I didn’t noticed that, and even if I did I wouldn’t have thought at that.

I said that Song jumped to a side, trying to not get caught by the claw. You negated that.

What train?

Okay, that still would have left at least two more options available to Wildsong.

I’m not talking about the inhibitor claw; I’m talking about the stasis cuffs that the guards were going to apply to her wrists. I was trying to give Wildsong the opportunity to keep that from happening. During that time, she still had full use of her arms and thrusters.

This train:

But how could she move if she had the claw on?

Ah…
And then why haven’t you mentioned Mutt? You didn’t need me to do anything for a guard to mention about Mutt.
Hell, he could rampage trought the execution room to create a diversion for her to escape right now. You said her lower arms were still free. That should be enough.

I said that the claw only shut down Wildsong’s T-cog and weapons. It didn’t immobilize her.

Whether or not I was going to mention Mutt again depended entirely on Wildsong’s actions (or lack thereof). If Wildsong had successfully resisted being cuffed and escaped the brig, she and Brainpan might have stumbled upon the creature then. Failing that, Wildsong and Brainpan would have had an opportunity to summon Mutt to them on the train.

But again, Wildsong didn’t take any of the opportunities I tried to give her.

And that’s all I’m going to give her now. Wildsong’s exhausted almost all other opportunities at escape.

This was never an impossible situation, dude; I flat-out said it wasn’t impossible. You just had to keep playing Wildsong and try your luck.

Yo don’t kill Wildsong. I got plans for her.

Whether or not Wildsong dies is up to Vladin. As it stands, she has just one, maybe two more opportunities to escape.

Maybe if I can bring Scorchlock there…I think it is possible but very crafty.

Scorchlock is in no position to give her a hand.

How so? Redstocker left to save her, did he not? How could he not follow those trails? And for the record, you aren’t making this easier either.

Wildsong is innumerable light-years away, on a New Decepticon ship. Redstocker went down to OL-2-C.

OOH, okay. I suppose she is kind of doomed to fail…though I really don’t buy that Motherboard is not able to track them. But eh, my two cents about it.

The whole point of my last few posts here was explaining that Wildsong wasn’t doomed to fail. Though there is very little she can do now that she’s seconds away from being beheaded.

Again, Wildsong is entire star systems away from you guys. Even if Motherboard’s scanners could pick her out of a crowd, she’s simply far, far out of range for that.

Well, I suppose Vladin did put himself in a situation that his character is most likely to die. Should have Redstocker gone to the ground bridge towards the enemy ship, and were in other circumstances. Then I would have had Scorchlock busting and kicking metal like no other.

Well, I suppose I put too much fate on Salvation being the most advanced ship in Cybertronian history.

The “enemy ship” isn’t even in the same region of space as Salvation right now. It’s unreachable.

Well, at the time this RPs taking place, she is. But even she has her limits.

Okay, I have a question. How could they remove her weaponry when they are literally inside her forearms? Like, how could they take that out when it’s part of her biology? It’s like Optimus Prime became Orion Pax in TF Prime and he still had the weaponry because it was in his biology. And was also on the Decepticon ship, so why would Megatron risk that? I think the answer is that you can’t remove the weaponry from their literal biology.

The weapons were surgically removed, simple as that. It’s like how MECH was able to steal a bot’s T-cog seemingly every other episode: they just cut what they want out of your body. In this case, the New Decepticons didn’t want their prisoners being armed, so they put Wildsong and Brainpan under the knife while they were unconscious earlier.