Transformers: Salvation Signup and OOC Discussion Topic

nope. Other than disney is involved somehow.[quote=“BlackBeltGamer98, post:205, topic:48552”]
I understand, the lore of the Transformers franchise is a wonky one with several continuities within continuities.
[/quote]

I’ve clicked around TFwiki enough to know that.

Umm, unless that is an extremely obscure piece of TF (Transformers) lore, I don’t think Disney had any involvement in the introduction of Sparks to the franchise.

I’ll post a link to a video on YouTube that can help with understanding how Cybertronian biology works.

This series has a lot of good and helpful information on the TF franchise and its various characters and concepts.

Thanks,

I meant kingdom hearts.

1 Like

Oh, yeah. I kinda changed topics with zero segue there. Sorry about that.

You’re welcome on the video, though. Chris McFeely always does his homework when doing his The Basics series.

That video @BlackBeltGamer98 posted should help with the basics. If you still have questions, I’m happy to help clear things up concerning their specifics in this universe.

I understand you put some work into this character, which is why I want to help make sure she fits into this universe. I’m happy to help however I can.

2 Likes

okay, just watched it. That explains a lot. the protoform thing is kinda neat, but I still like the idea of Vector Sigma being the only source. It gives a better explanation on why their fighting over cybertron other than, “It’s their home-world!”. And hearing the Insectacons go on about electrons made me feel 12 again.

If you could explain which options are allowed, that would make things easier.

2 Likes

Okay. So, your only option, really, would be to say that Craig took a spark from a Hot Spot and put it in his car, creating Juliana, rather than paying a visit to the Omega Lock. That preserves the rest of her current backstory.

Okay, I don’t know what to do at that point. I had an idea for Craig to steal a protoform, Which would be a bit of a sore point for Juliana, but I can figure it out.

also, the Marvel comic is messed up. seriously, just splitting like bacteria?

1 Like

Well, didn’t you say that Craig built his car to be a transforming robot, and he just needed a spark to bring it to life? To me, it doesn’t seem like you need to say anything else.

Yeah, budding’s weird.

I know, I’m just trying to find a satifing literary answer. And when I watched that video It showed them putting a protoform in Starscream’s body to bring him to life. So, I thought I could do something like that.

1 Like

Well, if you want to rewrite it some more to include a protoform, that’s fine by me.

okay, i just didn’t know you if you were using them. That was what I was trying to figure out.

1 Like

Ah, okay. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

It’s no problem. It’s my fault for not doing research.

No worries. It happens to all of us.

It’s fine, really.

updated for your approval.

This seems good. Juliana is approved.

thanks!

Macguffins
Items relevant to the plot of Transformers: Salvation

[details=The Omega Lock]The Omega Lock was built by the Solus Prime and the Knights of Cybertron on a far-away planet over a hundred million years ago. Using four different varieties of Cybermatter- the mysterious substance the Knights used to cyberform planets for colonization- the machine could harness the powers of the Allspark itself to perform miraculous feats. Solus built the Omega Lock with the intention of uplifting cybertronian kind, but when war broke out between the Thirteen and their followers, she realized that some would seek to use its awesome power as a weapon of unparalleled might. Solus wouldn’t have that, and so she and Optimus Prime split the Omega Lock into five pieces. Four of these were taken into uncharted space and hidden away, while the fifth was taken back to Cybertron and placed in a vault inside the Sea of Rust, containing a map within its datatracks leading another piece. With luck, anyone who found the map and managed to bring all five components of the Omega Lock back together again would do so in pursuit of a selfless and noble end.

Recovering the five pieces of the Omega Lock is objective of our heroes aboard Salvation; the machine’s power is the only thing that can restore the Allspark and save the race of Transformers from extinction. Bludgeon, a Decepticon warlord, also covets the Lock- with it, he can usurp Megatron as the Decepticon emperor, and remake Cybertron to his deranged designs. He and his legions of treacherous Heretics must not be allowed to have it.

[/details]

The Omega Key

Discovered by two intrepid treasure hunters in a vault beneath the Sea of Rust, Autobot scientists uncovered a map to the Omega Lock within the datatrax of a Golden Age-era datacard. Long though to be only a myth, the Omega Lock was now the only hope cybertronian kind had to save themselves from extinction, and so Salvation was built to carry a crew of explorers to find it.

Over the next month, the crew of Salvation has discovered that this artifact is more than just a simple datacard- it is, in fact, a piece of the Omega Lock, and it even holds a fragment of the machine’s power. The Omega Key can activate and unlock dormant ancient cybertronian technology, and produces Blue Cybermatter, which can heal wounds and repair machines. If exposed to high amounts of energy, it can also randomly teleport objects and people.

An inscription running down the middle of the Omega Key reads like so: “The light of the Allspark shall shine even in the darkest of hours”. Judging from the syntax, it appears to be a part of a longer phrase. No doubt the rest of the Omega Lock’s pieces hold the rest of it.

Credit to me, myself, and I.