Transformers: Salvation

“Just told you! I barely remember her alt mode! It was a… wait… no. It’s gone.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah. The third one was the big one. I actually even went on to marry her.”

“And… it didn’t work out?”

“She was one of the first fatalities of the war.” he said, sighing heavily.

“Oh…” Blight sighed. “I’m very sorry.”

“Nah… It’s nothing. She was a little annoying anyway. She was always like (with a fake woman voice) “Redstocker, this is out song! Let’s dance!”, and I was like “I can’t, I’m playing poker”. Yeah. All that good stuffs.”

“And that’s why there was a fourth and fifth and sixth?”

Blight suddenly recalled someone he had read about in his short studies of Terran history. Someone named… King Henry the VIII.

1 Like

“I actually kinda liked the fourth one, but she was killed by Decepticon slowly after we became together officially.”

Blight frowned. “None of these are going to end well, are they?”

“The first one is still alive. I think she is somewhere in Iacon, a saw her a few years ago. She was nice, I get it why I liked her. The second one might also be alive, but again: I have no idea where she is, what’s her name, how I met her, etc.”

“Well, I guess they didn’t end well for you, I mean.”

“Pretty much. The fifth one was the worst of them all. I soon found out that she wanted to marry me just so she could have protection. I mean, I don’t blame her. I was still young back then, and when you are living in a non-stop warzone, you would do anything just to know that your life is not in danger. Poor woman, she had no idea about my history with women. I also saw her a few weeks before we left Cybertron. She was with a Decepticon. That was really ironic. She seems to be happy, tho.”

“Huh,” Blight remarked. Caedia was like that; afraid, dependent, helpless. Now she’s also a Deception. But is she happy?

“And the sixth one…” Redstocker said before pausing. “It was before the accident that put me into this blasted wheelchair. She was… really nice… Tho I would have to admit, our relationship was pretty one-sided. I never told her how I felt. She was my nurse while I was in the hospital. Out of all the doctors that were spinning around me, she was the only one who was actually coming out with good ideas. Actually, she was the one who said that I am a Point One Percenter, not the doctor. Yeah… I was afraid to tell her that I like her. Who would have liked a middle-aged soldier in the wheelchair? Not me, that’s for sure.” Redstocker sighed again. “I haven’t saw her ever since. I sometimes come up with stupid plans to go and visit her, but then I throw them up. What would Mr. Alterion do witho—” Redstocker paused abruptly. “Why would I need her? Look at me! I am living the paradise!”

1 Like

Juliana runs, crying to her apartment. She slams open the door and flops face first into the bed. “why do I always do this?!” she sobs, “every time I think I make a friend, I end up causing them problems!” she turns over to look at the ceiling. “maybe I’m just not meant to have friends.” She sighs.

“Excuse me, but may I get a closer look at that door you’re guarding?” Zepar asked the sentinel.

“Anything I can do to help?” Epsilon asked a passing engineer.

(@Chromeharpoon)

“Well, after we go save the world or whatever,” Blight suggested, “maybe you could take a break from paradise for a moment to tell her? I mean, the worst that can happen is she says ‘no,’ and you get to go back to your ordinary life.”

Redstocker said nothing as he let himself pushed.

“So, you said that you’ve felt this way about six different people,” Blight said after he decided Redstocker wouldn’t talk, “but how… how do you know? How do you know you like someone?”