Transformers: Salvation

“O-Oh, um, I-I’m sorry!” Juliana says when she spots Scrapshot, “I-I Didn’t expect to find anyone! S-Sorry!” She begins to back away, embarrassed.

“What even do you do here?” Blight questioned as he walked.

Pixel giggled. “I-I-I watch.”

“Watch what?”

“pE0ple.”

“So you’re a creep.”

“.ON” ,detcejer nocinim ehT

“You live in the vents and watch people. That’s pure creep material.”

“I-I learn. L3@rn to be like 0th3rs. T0 b-be normal. I was SUPppppposed to.”

“You sure became super normal.”

“I g@ve UP.”

“Y’know, yeh’d think that…” Breakout says with a chuckle.

Through the aperture where the door once stood, a small round chamber could be seen. It was illuminated by electric-blue light cast from a large, round fixture in the center of the ceiling, and the walls were lined with identical statues of a gold Knight with components suggesting an aerial alt-mode, with blue highlights on his arms, leg, and forehead. The statues knelt facing a round machine rising from the floor in the middle of the room, and the Omega Map hovered in place within the aperture.

“Perhaps ‘Omega Map’ isn’t an entirely appropriate name anymore…” Grommet muses.

The Antillian Sunrise was open to all- not that it could keep anyone out with its door and windows missing, having been blasted out in the last battle. A small crowd of patrons had taken seats within the establishment, and Halfrunner’s silent friend played a mellow tune over the speakers to provide a pleasant ambiance.

Broadwing had a point, and at any other time Greasemonkey may have conceded that, but at the moment he was too absorbed in his heated argument with Flyby to be paying attention. Likely, the two would not reach a timely resolution to their debate- and time wasn’t exactly on Salvation and her crew’s side.

The controls to the transwarp drive were nearby, and it seemed as though the chief engineer had already pulled up the menu to engage the emergency shutdown.

Zepar walks inside, bringing the map with him.

“Perhaps we could call it the Omega Key?” He asked.

Epsilon goes to a lesser visited and quiet part of the largest park in Little Iacon, hoping to see some Mechanimals going about their day.

1 Like

Grommet ponders this, and then nods.

“Yes… that sounds good,” he decides.

“Omega Key, it is.”

Though there weren’t suppposed to be any mechanimals inhabiting Little Iacon’s parks, it seemed as though a few hundred stowaways had decided this rule. Aquatic bots swim in the ponds and streams, flying beasts fly between the towers and techno-organic trees, and small predators hunt through the biomechanical grass for prey.

Epsilon seemed happy as he watched the critters.

Zepar nods as he ventures into the room and examines the statue chamber.

Scrapshot opens his optics, seeing the bot,
“Oi…em…welp.”
He stands up slightly groggy,
“Ay, I don’t really mind, this park belongs to all shipmates. It belongs to yous as much as it belongs to me.”

“Oh no, he’s done this multiple times hasn’t he? In that case I would consider putting him through extra training…”
Actaeon smiles, with a slightly strange grin, as if he was plotting something.
“It would be the toughest boot camp I can come up with…and he would learn how to be a better soldier, nay the best!”

OOC:
absurd maniacal laughter begins as Actaeon laughs his head off.

“Sorry, it just, well, um, I didn’t really expect to find anyone else here, because” She kind of twists her arms and hands together, in a nervous sort of way, “I thought that no one knew about this place”

Scrapshot chuckles,
“Em, I’m just a shipmate. I found this place o’re v’ere a while back…welp it became a favorite place of mine.”
He scratches the back of his head,
“Oi, I’m sorry if I disturbed you…em I can always find another place to nap if needed to.”

“No, No!, Don’t leave on account of me, You were here first after all,” She said, bowing slightly, “Sorry to be pain, but do you mind if lay down next to you? If it’s a problem I don’t want to be a bother.”

Broadwing shrugged and figured there’d be no harm in shutting it down himself. He walked over to the console and gave it a look over.

Unbeknownst to Zepar and Grommet, these statues were identical to one found on the massive monument that had been in the center of the culture ark’s main gallery. Each one had a horn rising from their heads, on which was written the same string of cyberglyphics as on the Omega Key.

“Mate, I believe that falls under my jurisdiction,” Breakout points out.

“I’ll whip that hatchling into shape… eventually…”

“An Autobot teachin’ a Decepticon how to fight?” Shakedown wonders. “Ain’t that rich.”

A red holographic menu displayed a status report of the transwarp drive and its twelve individual cells. In short: the machine was something of a mess, and the warp field it produced around Salvation was unstable. If it broke down completely, She and her crew would be torn apart, along with a small portion of the multiverse, if worst came to worst.

Initiate emergency drive shutdown?
[Y/N]

1 Like

Broadwing honestly had to think for a moment to figure out what Y/N ment, but as soon as he did he selected to shut down the warp drive.

Zepar tries to see if the room had anything in it besides the statues, himself, the Key, Grommet and Shadowraker.

Blight and Pixel walk in, the latter of which completely silent, for once.

With a sudden, loud grinding noise, the first of the transwarp drive’s rings abruptly stops spinning, and the volatile energy around the machine flares once. A low, loud klaxon blares once, echoing throughout the machine-filled cavern of Engineering.

Greasemonkey stops mid-argument and turns, looking at Broadwing. After a brief pause, he nods approvingly.

“Well,” he says to Flyby, turning his head back to his commlink, “it would seem that someone who has a proper processor in his head has decided not to waste his time arguing with buffoons such as you. Best grab on to something soon, I suggest.”

On the bridge, red alarm messages flash on all the consoles, eliciting confused and startled reactions from the crew… save Motherboard, of course.

Ah, it would seem that some of the links in our chain of command have decided to break off and start running their own voyage,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ quips. He turns to Topside.

“You know, this never would happen aboard a Decepticon ship.”

Right,” Topside fires back. “On a 'Con boat, a rogue link would off the ones up top and stage a proper mutiny before they went pursuing their own ventures.”

There was a fair-sized, obelisk-like machine rising out from the floor in the middle of the room. All the kneeling statues were facing it.

Halfrunner walks over.

“Hey there, you two,” he kindly greets them.

“Sorry about the mess- should get everything looking pretty again once the more pressing damages are undone. I, uh, can assure you, however, that real important bits are still working.”

3 Likes

Broadwing stood smiling, happy that his actions were appreciated.

Zepar examines the obelisk.

“Hello,” Blight greeted. “Is there, like, a menu? Something like that?”

Greasemonkey deactivates his commlink.

“I believe it would be in our best interests to brace ourselves, as well,” he advises.

The obelisk rose to about half Zepar’s height, and a round, semicircle-shaped protrusion extended from its side. A terminal, perhaps?

Halfrunner points to a series of holo-screens above the bar, which displayed a wide variety of engex.

@Toa_Vladin @meepinater @TheOnlyGuyWhoLikesMistika @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister @MaxinePrimal @BlackBeltGamer98 @Holi @Jcton @ProfSrlojohn

Broadband’s voice echoes throughout Salvation, via the comm network.

“Uh, hey everybody, it’s your stunner of a comms officer again. We’re experiencing some slight technical difficulties coupled with some possible insubordination, and uh… grab on to something.”

At that moment, the other ring of the transwarp drive grinds to a halt, and the energy field around the machine vanishes in a flash of light. In an instant, Salvation is ripped from transwarp, the varicolored void sharply giving way to the black, starry expanse of normal space. The Fleetcarrier groans, and a fierce tremor runs down her length as long, jagged cracks are carved into her outer hull. Even with her artificial gravity and inertial dampeners, some smaller objects (and perhaps some smaller crew members) were tossed about.