Transformers: Twilight of the Golden Age Part II

Sans the Triptych Mask and the Scythe of Amalgamous, all the relics were in the armory.

If Maximus wanted to properly test his new spear, he could always visit the sim-chamber.

Liege Maximo and Nightfall were wandering about the ship, and Daybreak was on the bridge.

OOC: yup, it has a main color of silver with black as the secondary and orange as the highlighting color/accents.

IC: Firestorm was definitely in new territory; he never really had a Transtector to call his own, he always had destroyed the bodies he hijacked when he no longer needed them.

Maximus went to the holo-deck. Once he got there, he used the console to create a few standard SIM-drones, setting the combat skill to something pretty low. All he wanted to do was really figure out what exactly his new spear did.

1 Like

Several holo-avatars depicting standard protoforms materialize around the room.

Firestorm walked to there as well but stayed out of the way to allow Maximus his space and freedom to test his new weapon. We’ll have our turn later. he assured Dark as they sat down in a spectator area.

Maximus then pulled out his spear. He gave it a little twirl before throwing it at the nearest drone.

The spear punches through the drone’s sternum. The Cyberglyphics adorning the weapon glow brightly, before the spear emits a field of orange energy that eviscerates the drone and severely damages others nearby.

1 Like

“By Onyx Spark! That is impressive! Did you know it could do that?”
Maximus asked, looking to Firestorm as he went to retrieve the weapon.

1 Like

“No.” He said, “But it is very impressive.”

The Knight was just as amazed and surprised as Maximus.

“Seraphicon found it in the colony ship on Elementum and I felt it would be something you would like to have given it having a lot of glyphs regarding Onyx.” He explained.

The spear had another trick up its’ sleeve: it flies back to Maximus’ hand as he thinks of retrieving it.

1 Like

Firestorm’s eyes widen, “That’s a useful trick.” He commented, very impressed.

“Come to think of it, I should be pretty careful with this thing. I could easily end up hurting teammates if I throw it at an enemy too close.”

“Now that’s just awesome. Thanks for this. I really appreciate it. Beats the hell out of my chain blades.”

1 Like

“Right on both counts.” Firestorm told him, “But don’t neglect your chain blades, it is always wise to learn how to wield all kinds of weapons.”

“Yeah, but I still love this thing.”
Maximus spun the spear above his head with one hand before throwing it at another enemy.

1 Like

“I am glad to hear that.” Firestorm told the Predacon.

“By the way. You know anything about the next planet we’re going to?”

“My guess is Astrum, the memorial colony of Solus Prime.” Firestorm said, recalling the coordinates of the Transwarp jump he saw on the bridge.

“Solus. Sounds kinda familiar. More than the other ones anyway. What was he like?”

“Solus was the first female Cybertronian and had the Forge, an item that allowed her to make anything she could imagine from raw materials…” He explains what he knew of Solus personally then the history of the Prime War and her death.

OOC: GTG for a bit.

1 Like

“Why, again, should I help you?”

“Don’t you believe in second chances, Killstreak?”

“Not for monsters.”

“Ironic. You are literally a second chance.”

“Do me a favor and stop talking.”

“I could have cut off your program. I could have killed you as soon as I saw how you turned out. I could have freed us both. But I decided to let you live. I did this for you. Possibly the most selfless thing I ever did.”

“I can’t imagine there being a large enough list for that to mean anything.”

“I didn’t kill you.You wanted to kill me.”

“Back when I didn’t think you were a real person.”

“Is that why you can’t kill me now? Because I’m real?”

Killstreak pauses. “I can’t kill you, but I can keep you from killing anyone else.”

“How am I supposed to change if you don’t let me?” the device asks.

“Don’t try to manipulate me. Don’t use any tricks. What would you do in my shoes?”

“Does it matter?”

“What would you do?”

“I would realize that if I- the ‘split’ was lying, giving it a form would make it just that much easier to torture.”

“That’s dark.”

“I haven’t been feeling very much pleasantness lately. For a while.”

Killstreak gives no reply, and leaves the room.

2 Likes