Transformers: Twilight of the Golden Age Part II

“Nope! sounds good!”

After a minute or so, Solus finishes.

“There we go; that should do it,” she says proudly. She presses her hand on the Armor’s chest, and it compacts into a small disk.

Solus then turns to Axis.

“Now, how can I be of help?”

Maximus would see Bootleg careening into the hall he was currently wandering, his tires leaving black skidmarks on the floor as he did so. He screams as he darts down the corridor toward Maximus, being chased by what appeared to be a disembodied, Minicon-scale arm.

3 Likes

“Let’s do this!” Firestorm said.

1 Like

“I’ve been speaking with the thirteen primes, wanting to learn more about all of you. So I was hoping you could tell me about yourself.”

Maximus waited for Bootleg to pass him, and then attempted to stomp on the minicon arm when it was in front of him.

3 Likes

Whetstone proceeded down the pathway.

Cargo and Zipline wander through the halls.

“I’m telling you, it was bigger than my hand!” Zip promises.

“Zipline, if you saw a spider smaller than your arm, you’d pass out,” Cargo objects.

“Okay, listen, you don’t get to make fun of me.”

“Because you are afraid only of small spiders!”

“I’m not afraid, I’m just really, really uncomfortable around them.”

“Why not big ones?”

“It’s the big ones you can hit with a rocket launcher and not get yelled at for property destruction.”

“I guess that makes sense…”

“Of course it does. It’s the same way with Insecticons. I hate them all, but it’s the small ones that bug me. Wait, ‘bug!’ I didn’t mean to do that!”

“Including Warya?”

“She cheated us out of five Shanix. Of course, I’m not going to be able to stand her.”

5 Likes

Solus looks around the forge.

“Hm… now, what to say…” she muses to herself. “I suppose ‘Prime of Creation and the first female Cybertronian’ wouldn’t be enough for you, hm?”

The arm is crushed, and goes limp.

1 Like

Firestorm wasn’t far behind.

1 Like

“I want to know who you really were. Tell me about what your time was like in life. How you handled the responsibility of being a prime. Don’t leave out anything.”

This passage was a faster route to the Excalibur’s escape pods than most of the mapped routes.

Solus Prime gives a slight smile.

“It certainly helped that there were thirteen of us to bear the burden, and our various specializations also served to help divide up the responsibilities of leadership. For example: Liege Maximo was often the diplomat, Megatronus and Prima handled militaristic affairs, Nexus and I collaborated often with Alchemist and Quintus on scientific and technological endeavors, and so on.”

1 Like

“And what about you? Tell me about you personally.”

“An escape pod shortcut;” Firestorm said, marking it on the map, “That will definitely come in handy if the worst case scenario happens and we need to bail.”

“Whetstone, is there anything else you’d like to learn about Ancient?” He asked. (@meepinater)

1 Like

“Without sounding too pretentious, I do like to think I was one of the more ingenious of our number. After all, I do suppose that was part of my “schtick”, as Amalgamous might call it.”

1 Like

“I’ve also heard you knew Megatronus the best. What was he like?”
While Axis fully intended to visit all 13 primes, Megatronus was perhaps the most intimidating to talk to. So learning a bit about him ahead of time wouldn’t hurt.

Solus’ expression and body language change. She seems sad, and perhaps remorseful.

“He was… misunderstood,” she says carefully. “He was the kind of person you really had to get to know to see the best side of… and I was one of the few who had the pleasure of doing so, fortunately.”

Our heroes’ collection of Primely relics was in the armory, and sans the Triptych Mask it was all available for use.

Ironclad sits quietly in the cathedral; like most of his order he found solace in such places.

Daybreak was on the bridge.

The other NPCs aboard the ship could be found wandering the bar and surrounding common areas.

1 Like

“But didn’t he… You know… kill you?”
Axis asked, rather nervous about bringing up what was probably a touchy subject.

1 Like

“…That… the War of the Primes was a very, very complicated chapter in our history- for all of us, I mean,” Solus says. “It took a few centuries, but eventually I did come to forgive Megatronus.”

######“I just wish he’d forgive himself…” she quietly adds, sorrowful.

3 Likes

“Alright. I’m… Sorry for bringing it up. I’m sure its painful to think about.”

Solus nods.

“You’re not wrong.”

“Well I’d hate to leave after opening such an old wound… How about you tell me about what you’ve been working on?”
Axis asked, hoping to lighten the mood.