Transformers: Twilight of the Golden Age Part II

“Look, I dunno who you are, lady, or what you want, but I’m seconds away from pulling this trigger. I don’t know if this is a joke, or real, but I do know that I can, and will, blast you into scrap metal if ya don’t explain what ya want, and why I’m not with the other 'bots in the AllSpark.”

He looked at Maximus. “There was a fellow who looked like you, though. He came in and then disappeared real quick.” He shook his head. “Just-what is this?”

2 Likes

“Relax.”
Axis said, dropping the act and sheathing her sword.

“The name’s Axis Prime. Welcome back to the land of the living.”
She said with a warm smile.

3 Likes

Treadfin sheathed his rifle, and then, his optics popped open. “Wha-Prime? Living? What?”

Whetstone approached him. “Axis Prime is, well, the new prime, and she brought you back to life. We’re not dead. You’re alive.”

Treadfin gasped. “You mean-”
Whetstone nodded. “This is real.”
Treadfin grinned, then grasped Whetstone’s arm. “Many thanks, friend!”
Whetstone smiled.
Then, the two turned to Axis Prime and bowed.
Whetstone said, “Thank you so much, Axis Prime. If there is anything I can do to repay you, let me know.”
Treadfin added, “Ditto. Also, it’s an honor.”
The two straightened up. “So,” Whetstone said, “What now?”
“Don’t we have to defeat the Heralds?” Asked Treadfin.
Whetstone looked at Axis. “Show him,” he said, referring to Nemesis’ head.

1 Like

Axis lifted her trophy and showed it to the two of them.

“Impressive isn’t it? And please, just call me Axis. At least for now.”

2 Likes

Treadfin gasped. “what? That’s really- you guys did it?”
Whetstone nodded.
Treadfin took a deep breath. “You guys actually did it. Wow. I can’t believe it. So, the universe is saved? For the time being?”
Whetstone nodded again.
Treadfin smiled, and clapped his hands together, then rubbed them. “Great! What now?”

1 Like

“I don’t know about you, but I think a Eukaris style party is in order!”
Axis said.

“Now that sounds like a good idea!”
Maximus said excitedly.

1 Like

Whetstone pumped his fist and cheered.

Piston entered the hangar of the Broadsword, transformed into plane mode, and flew off towards the relic hunters. He landed near Daybreak.
“Lady Daybreak, I have a request of you.”
@Chromeharpoon

“There will be a parade in our honor! Songs written in our name! And a feast like you’ve never seen before!”
Axis said with a bold and victorious tone.

“Now you’re talking!”
Maximus said.

Cargo, Killstreak, and the accompanying Zipline rejoin with the others.

“This nightmare is finally over…” Killstreak breathes in relief.

“It’s almost sad,” Cargo shrugs. “Not much else seems important now.”

The two remember that they’re in the presence of a Prime, and quickly kneel. Zip slides to the floor.

“Wha-WHAT is ev-ery-wa-one loooooo-KING at?”

Seraphicon hefts the Forge, “Hold still.” He said.

Firestorm lands nearby, holding the Requiem Blaster aloft. “As fun as this thing is,” Dark said, “I agree it needs to go.”

“Where were you?” Seraphicon asked.

“Target practice with Nemesis’s body; didn’t last long.” He answered. “Truly dead Heralds hardly last a minute when being plugged full of shots from this thing.”

The Requiem Blaster remains on the forearm of it’s current wielder, awaiting its’ fate.

Daybreak had elected to travel with Piston.

“Simply name it,” she says. She sounds worn from the battle, yet also immensely relieved that it is all over.

1 Like

Seeing Seraphicon, (or Firestorm. Whoever has it.) reminded Axis of what needed to be done. She approached the wielder and said
“I need you to give me the Requiem Blaster. It’s time it be destroyed.”

Dark holds it out, “If anyone wants to feel its power, now is the final opportunity to do so before it is destroyed.” He said.

Seraphicon tries to strike Zip and Cargo with the Forge, intending to enact repairs.

OOC: be back soon, watching Black Panther with family.

1 Like

“No. It must be destroyed now. The longer we wait the more we risk breaking our promise to Megatronus.”
Axis said.

Firestorm nods and holds it out for her to destroy, “Forgive me, Axis Prime,” he said, “I didn’t want anyone to feel as if they didn’t have a chance to say goodbye to this piece of our history before it is eliminated.”

“I understand. I just want this to be taken care of as soon as possible.”

Axis then slashed at the blaster with her sword, as hard as she could.

@Chromeharpoon

1 Like

THA-KA-DOOOOM!

In a dazzling flash of crimson the Requiem Blaster splinters into twisted, melted, and charred metal shards. When the light clears, the ruined remains of the blaster lie smoking on the ground.

Nearby, the long shadows of the evening coalesce into the broad form of Megatronus, who slowly steps toward what remains of his weapon. Stopping only a few feet away from the fragments and Axis, Megatronus looks down at the smoldering wreck, holding his gaze for many long seconds, before raising his head to look Axis in the eye.

“Thank-… thank you,” he quietly says, his voice faintly quivering. Then he smiles- a genuine, grateful smile.

“Today my soul is redeemed,” proclaims the Dark Warrior. He then turns to glance at Liege Maximo.

“And it is not the only one,” he says of the Prime of Lies. Liege gawks, and for a moment doesn’t seem to know how to react. Then, slowly, he returns Megatronus’ smile.

5 Likes

“No problem big guy.”
Axis said with a kind smile. She gave the large prime a salute. Not quite used to the fact that they were now equals.

1 Like

@Ace @BlackBeltGamer98 @MaxinePrimal @meepinater @MichaelTheLightBringer @Toa_Vladin @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister

Megatronus positively beams as his figure fades way. Now at peace with himself, the Prime of War becomes one with the Allspark and reunites with his comrades, and his lost love, for the first time in many a long age.

A dropship from the Broadsword lands nearby, carrying the other half of our heroic party within, thus reuniting them upon the hills of Cybertron’s north pole. Deep-orange rays from Cybertron’s setting sun shine faintly through the plume of smoke over the Hydrax Plateau, bathing the plains and our heroes in their glow. Nightfall disembarks from the craft, supporting an injured, however quite alive Salvage over her left shoulder, followed by Razorwing and Overgrowth.

4 Likes

Axis looked for Daybreak. There was something she wanted to talk to her about.