Transformers: Twilight of the Golden Age Sign-up Topic (Concluded)

Ew

I forgot about those, they tend to slip my mind because I’d like to forget how they butchered the dinobots, among other things.

I’m just opposed to it entirely.

But it won’t be useful. It’s there simply because you want to cover all your bases just in case I throw in a situation requiring them. I get that, but they’ll probably just sit there, unused, for the whole game. It’d be a waist.

Which is why I’m opposed to it.

I mean, I would like to at least reach a compromise.

I mean, that’s sorta why I have the ability. In case there is a need for it. It would’ve been a lot more useful with the cloaking, but even without that it could be useful. If it’s never used I’m not really going to complain.

It’s simply too powerful for this RP, I’m sorry.

Could you humor me and not prepare your character for every scenario, however unlikely? I know I’m using a bit of hyperbole to get my point across, but I hope you understand that, as a GM, it’s hard to create challenging scenarios for the players when they’re ready for anything you’ll throw at them.

…how?

I’m actually confused how an anti-projectile defense system that might not even work and is also limited by ammo could possibly be too powerful for an RP with lasers and giant transforming robots with a variety of other weapons and abilities. And if that is still too powerful I could even limit it so it only has a chance of working on incoming projectiles he can see.

That’s a pretty ridiculous hyperbole. I mean, sure, depending on certain situations he might get an advantage, but that’s true with any character. I also doubt that there’d be no situations that would prove challenging to my character either.

I fear that, depending on the situation, he’d have an unfair advantage.

This debate is not getting us anywhere, unfortunately, as I am unwilling to come to further compromise. I’ll accept that this is possibly a flaw in my character, but it still stands. You’ve created a neat character, truly, and I hope a TF RP comes along one day that he’d work in, but this one isn’t it. In order for him to be accepted, he needs to be reworked.

1 Like

How can it be unfair.

I would like to know what exactly the issue is.

I have said that, all-around, I feel Hardshot is much more powerful than most, if not all of the other players. He needs a simpler alt-mode, with less, more balanced armaments and abilities.

[details=current stuff]

• Thermal Masking System
  • Radar absorbing material
  • 120 mm cannon
  • 7.62 mm coaxial gun
  • night vision
  • active anti-projectile defenses (8 shots, possibly requires dice roll, possibly requires projectile to be within sight)
  • targeting laser detection systems
  • infrared/laser masking smoke mortars[/details]

Looking at the other characters, the weapons my character has doesn’t seem too excessive. The thermal masking and radar absorbing don’t seem too powerful either when I imagine most battles will be visual. The main issue you seem to have is the active defenses, which I don’t quite understand after I’ve tried changing it to make it acceptable. If you could clearly explain in detail what the issue is it’d be nice.

Name: Soundrange
Homeworld: Velocitron
Subclass: triple-changer
Appearance: Average has a head like Soundwave from the aligned universe, but there is a scar on his face. Has a grey and red color scheme.
Alt-modes:

(These are images of concept vehicles.) (The car is from Nissan, while the helicopter is from Tesla)
Weapons/ Abilities/ Equipment: He has a energy based rifle, a Subsonic Repeater, and a sonic sword. Soundrange has two ion engines (the space engine that on a few satellites) that deploys when he is in a space-like environment. The helicopter blades also fold back to look like wings, only on helicopter mode. He has a built in sonar receiver, (It picks up sounds in more detail frequencies. It can pick up rather quiet sounds)
Bio: Soundrange is an acquaintance of Windstripe. However, he finds that Windstripe can be a bit annoying. He works with radio based technology and tried to invent something new every now and then. Though, his official job is as a vehicle mechanic.

1 Like

Accepted.

The active defenses have the potential to nullify characters with projectile weapons. I will not accept it, I am sorry.

1 Like

Even with the changes I have suggested that would make that impossible? I’ve been trying to make it acceptable but I feel like its been ignored, if you understand what I mean.

And even then, that’s sort of the point of Active Defenses…

I do understand, but, as I’ve said, I’m unwilling to compromise further. I sincerely apologize for making this such a hassle and for making you feel ignored, but Hardshot must be toned down and reworked before I consider accepting him.

Can you tell me what the issue is with the active defense system is with the limitations I’ve included? I at least want to know why I can’t have it.

He’s said it

Which my proposed limitations account for multiple times. Hence why I suspected that I’m being ignored.

Even with the limitations, I consider it too powerful. Once again, I’m sorry you feel ignored, but it won’t be accepted.

1 Like

The system is incredibly powerful regardless of the chance system you proposed, and would leave characters with projectile weapons powerless against him half the time

What about it is too powerful though. You’ve told me that it’s too powerful, but there’s no explanation of what makes it too powerful with the proposed limits.

Let’s not forget the ammo system of 8 shots, as well as restricting it to only intercepting things he can see. I mean I understand you all think it’s too powerful, but nobody has explained why.

oh look, something that’s solved by the 8 shot ammo system. Amazing

It still drastically throws the Advantage towards hardshot, in a fair fight everyone else with projectile weapons are at a stark disadvantage