TTV Mask Paintings (series complete!)

there’s still black, but i needed a tertiary color and gold looked nice

1 Like

That it does.

1 Like

I love it, you once again make something amazing…

…Oh my, I didn’t see the Var one, you really are amazing…

1 Like

Now comes the part where I suffer the consequences of not replying right away. xP

Kahi looks amazing. It honestly took me until just yesterday (or was it the day before) to actually realize that you had taken liberties with the Calix. It all looked so great that I hadn’t even realized that it wasn’t all red like the piece. It helps add to the character and makes it more interesting to look at. I know some people think the amount of glowing green is maybe a bit out of place, but I think it looks just fine. However, I’m a sucker for lime-green glows, so I may be a bit biased. At most, I think I’d have to agree with @legomaster1378 in that it wasn’t the facial expression I imagined. It doesn’t look bad in any way though, just not what I expected. Definitely one of my favorites.

I’m jumping down to Venom now because I want to save the best for last.

Oh my gosh the color. That is my favorite shade of blue, like I can’t even handle it. It’s so beautiful it makes me squirm in my chair. I also really like that you took inspiration and added the teeth markings to the sides of the mask. I know @Venom is really happy with it. I’m not sure how well I feel like the background colors blend with it, but it evokes this imagery of Venom stoically walking into an active, burning war-zone. I am perfectly okay with that.

Moving on to Var, I have to say, that Kakama is top-tier. After seeing it used in so many things I got sick of seeing it everywhere, but you’ve made it fresh and fun again. If my favorite color in Venom’s really got me going, it’s my fascination with the sensation of pure speed I get from this piece; it makes me want to jump up and take off running. I’m curious as to why you went with the yellow instead of just the straight-up black and white that the MOC uses, but I like yellow and it’s not of me so I don’t care. d=

Now then…

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH

Right, so, I need to actually articulate my words here.

The black Arthron looks sick and the contrast with that eye color is just oozing with coolness. I don’t know if it was intentional based on the character backstory, but I really like that you made me look a little more roughly-constructed; I actually look like a beta or proof-of-concept by the Great Beings. Mostly though, I’m at a loss for words, so I’ll settle with just plastering it everywhere.

Dat speed paint video was fascinating to watch and not just because FREAKIN’ AVIATORS. At worst, I’m disappointed that I didn’t get to see the line-art phase. Any particular reason you specifically chose Oceans to Skies for the video?

No, seriously though, this is amazing. Words cannot express my gratitude and I can’t believe how privileged I am to have somebody work so long on something like this for me. I’d be throwing money at you if only I had a job right now. Suffice to say though, I’d be surprised if I didn’t pay you for some kind of commission at some point in the future.

THANK. YOU.

*H;OUISEHRG’IOHLJERSAG’HIOLRESGI’PJHOERGSH’IPOJERSG’IJHPRES’IPOJERSZ’IPOJ

YEAH, BRO.

Okay, now I REALLY NEED to know. Where did the idea that I was Mormon ever come from? o_____O

11 Likes

the yellow looks so pretty there, it’s awesome

1 Like

I am pretty sure he means Invi, and just got you two mixed up.

anyway @prpldragon HOLY COW VAR IS AMAZTASTIC!

4 Likes

He’s trying to consume YOUR SOUL!

Run!

1 Like

Var looks great! I think he just became tied with Takuma for me.

I just can’t over how great these are.

1 Like

ooohohohooo i really like that moc 0v0

i couldn’t decide on a proper react image to this whole reply, so here’s all of them:

well ill let you in on a little secret: i forgot there was black….somehow. i mean there’s still some on there buuuuut lol

in all honesty i had no idea there were backstories that came with self-mocs, so it was unintentional. glad you like it though : P guess i gotta work on my self-moc’s story despite knowing nothing about bionicle lore

featuring @IllustriousVar @Mesonak @Eljay @Kahi in the window

the sketching/line art process isn’t “photogenic” enough for speedpaints cuz the view just kind of flails all over the canvas, so i leave it out of the recording. As for the song, I was listening to it almost on loop while drawing, plus it was long enough of a song that it worked out well :3c

lol you don’t have to repay me or anything, your reaction and the multiple shoutouts on the channel are enough for me : D though if you really want my commission info at some point, PM me and i’ll send it to you hehe

19 Likes

So, I wasn’t really looking forward to today due to a weekly meeting I attend.

However, this image made my day. Oh my gosh that is hilarious.

17 Likes

Oops.
Mistook you for Invi. : P

That pic is amazing. but he missed out putting on the desk, and getting it tatooed to his face.

3 Likes

Do…

do you take requests?

Just thought I’d point this out…

i dont actually take requests lol

1 Like

Sorry, just trying to help, I’ll go away now…

1 Like

Once again, these are awesome! And if there’s one thing that I can’t do, it’s paint!

My favorite is tied with Meso and Takuma! :smiley:

1 Like

Eljay looks angry

1 Like

I thought it was a look of pure terror.

1 Like

Maybe it’s both?

3 Likes