TTV Questions & Answers!

Like Combo Man. He’s the best hero.

If you click on an admin’s avatar, like Eljay’s, you can go to the badge section and click the admin badge. That will give you a list of admins.

I’ve been a $5 Patreon for months, and I still can’t figure out how to access the Discord server. Can someone please advise as to where I find the invite?

As we don’t really know how the discord activation works for patrons (since we were already in the server prior to setting up patreon) its difficult for me to really advise you as to how to get it working.

It would be best for you to contact patreon support to assist you.

With that said, speaking with some of our current patrons it seems that sometimes connecting to the server doesn’t work if you already have a pre-existing discord account and you attempt to connect it after making your pledge. The server should just appear in your server list after connecting on patreon, there is no invite link or anything you need to click.

If you aren’t seeing it then I would recommend canceling your pledge and re-submitting it. This seems to have worked for several of our other patrons.

In one of the latest Brickfeed episodes there was a discussion about whether or not Lego boats could float, and I found this video that tests just that!

So… they don’t really float that well, they “sink with style” more than anything…

2 Likes

I believe that you mentioned this in a recent episode, but in case I’m mistaken, Is History of BIONICLE canceled?

1 Like

Probably.

1 Like

It’s on the list of shows we do want to make someday, but we’re not sure as to if it will be worth that effort.

4 Likes

Will the Top Tens be returning some time in the near future

2 Likes

Will there be more episodes of pins and axles in the near future

Hello; I hope that y’all don’t mind if I repost this, edited slightly:

2 Likes

Have you guys considered other ‘watch it here first’ platforms (ala Vessel Rip in pieces)
like the Premium?

@Ven have you ever had the music you used for On Ebay today be copyright claimed?

Surprisingly not.

Did Eljay’s departure spark the rise of Applego?

5 Likes

Greetings, TTV. This is primarily a question for Var, but I’m okay if Meso or Jon answer instead. If these questions have already been answered somewhere else, feel free to direct me there. But, this is my first post on your boards, so I apologize if this seems outta place.

All I have to ask are a few simple questions I would like to ask you in an effort to get to know the BIONICLE community a little better…

1. What got you into BIONICLE and/or its community?
  2. Would you consider yourself more a fan of the Canon story (be it either generation or both), or do you enjoy adding your creativity onto it?
  3. What do you believe is the best medium of telling a BIONICLE story? Is it MOCing, Storywriting, Stop Motion, or Art?
  4. Would you recommend BIONICLE to someone else, friend or otherwise?
  5. If someone wished to begin a career in story writing, and did so in the BIONICLE genre, which is a better idea? Doing so in the Canon story, or just a personal non-canon twist?

I hope you’ll take the time to answer these questions, and if you do, I hope to hear from one of you as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Hello GN; it’s nice to see another interested, new fellow on the boards! You totally might get an answer here, but you’re also welcome to post in either Jon’s, Meso’s, or Var’s AMA threads, which are strictly geared toward personal questions. Both group related and personal questions tend to get answered here, but if you’re waiting for a while, you can try one of those as well. Have a good one!

So, you guys mentioned that Reply! had one of the shortest development cycles of any series on the channel. What’s the longest that a single ongoing show has ever taken from conception to release?

Biocraft.

9 Likes

I’d think it would have to have actually been released to count.

2 Likes

You’re spoiling the joke.

5 Likes
  1. Sprite comics were the reason I stuck around the community for as long as I did. They were a good early way for me to experience having an audience and creating content.
  2. Both generations have their issues. We’re working on Generation 3 now, so I guess you can say that that’s our creative involvement.
  3. They’re all really different forms of medium, meant to evoke different things. MOCs and Art evokes a visual atmosphere, but writing is able to convey plot and character. Stop-motion (I’m assuming you mean film?) combines both visual and storytelling, so it’s the best overall medium - excluding other things like video games.
  4. I’ve done it in the past. It gets harder the older you get and the less Bionicle-related things are out there. I woudn’t recommend anyone to Bionicle now, for instance. Even during its run, a lot of the accessible media was too kid-focused and cringey.
  5. Depends on your skill with a writer. Fanfiction enables you to not worry too much about the worldbuilding and instead craft your story inside established rules. The more you get used to that, the more you can stray.

Ongoing show for right now? Probably Brickfeed or the Set Reviews. We wanted to do more LEGO content for ages, and we had always talked about doing either a LEGO Podcast or the reviews. We were in talks for Brickfeed to be a separate channel back in maybe 2014, early 2015.

4 Likes