TTV's Official Brickonicle Toa Designs [CANON][Worldbuilding][Characters]

And some could be kid Matoran, others grown ups; like, Jaller should be a big guy, big Captain of the Guard and all, but Takua could be a kid Matoran that Jaller has kind of taken under his wing.

Yeah, that’s what I mean; Jaller should be normal, Takua short legs, and maybe the Turaga since they’re old and hunched should be shorter, too.

2 Likes

I agree, ages may vary.

But, adult Matoran should be normal height.

Gotta add that sweet TTV watermark before lego steals your idea.

1 Like

I honestly would prefer her smile to be about that big. XD

3 Likes

I love these, and I might try actually making them as minifigs, although, the helmets will be a pain to model. XD

1 Like

2 things.

I kinda wanna see the toa with awesome oversized weapons, perhaps as some kind of upgrade… I just really wanna see that…

and is the term “kanohi” still canon? I hated that being removed in G2 and I wanna collect stuff, even if this theme will never be real.

1 - Personally, I think oversized weapons would break the aesthetic of the minifigures (and they might be too heavy for them to hold it), at most I think they could use weapons like halberds, or spear. Maybe, if they had something like Exo-Toa then they could use some bigger weapons.

2 - I also hated that they didn’t have the collectible Kanohi in G2, but to be fair it was only a thing in 2001-2004, after that they dropped the “Collect all the masks!” stuff. But I always loved that you could collect these different masks and honestly think it would be great if they continued it in G3, even if it is not gonna happen.

2 Likes

I was extremely disappointed when I found out that G1 Lewa Mata’s face was actually within the Miru, and that the gigantic smile was just part of the mask.

3 Likes

Or maybe LEGO can finally make the short legs move. I was hoping they’d do it when they did Lord of the Rings.

What I’d do with the Matoran, and this will be unpopular, is make them the same size as the Toa but don’t give them masks. Before you roast me, hear me out. If we aren’t able to do the size difference, than this would be the most effective way to clearly show the difference between them and the Toa. If they have masks, that difference is less evident. Sure you can explain in story that the mask is less powerful, but the kid who just bought the set probably won’t know that. Now maybe you could compromise and make the leaders of at least some of the cities have headdresses like these to show status.

Just an idea.

4 Likes

I just noticed something really small, that is going to bother me for months. :stuck_out_tongue:

Kopaka’s scope is on the right side.

Throughout all of G1, Kopaka’s scope was on the left side.

(Really petty, I know, but it gets to me. :confused: )

Wait wut.

I think the scope is on the same side as it has always been on.

3 Likes

What?

Maybe as a Toa Phantoka he was, but traditionally it’s always been on his right (from his perspective).

1 Like

You uh, you might want to look again lol.

4 Likes

You’re right. I just looked it up, I was thinking of Nuju. :sweat_smile:

(Now I feel like an idiot. :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry about this. )

2 Likes

Actually, only 2008 Kopaka had it on the left, the others (Aside from the infuriating G2 poster) had it on the right

Whoops, too late lol

1 Like

I would also say leave the Nuva symbol’s on the Toa but take them off for the Matoran

2 Likes

I have done some designs for the Toa Metru here

1 Like

So, I’m just coming back to the boards after an extended hiatus following the collapse of G2. These designs are AWESOME and I love the concept, but could someone explain as to how this is canon, or if it’s associated with the LEGO group?

Ok, I’ll explain.

TTV got bored waiting for Lego the bring back Bionicle again, so they decided to put their money where their mouth is and try it themselves, to see how hard it would actually be. (which I really respect them for)

They’ve decided to try a System series to test if the theories, about Constaction being Bionicle’s downfall, are true.

They started this sub-forum for feedback on their project, but only stuff done on the Podcast is consider “official.” (Hence the “canon” non-canon" distinction)

And, that I think that about sums it up.

7 Likes

That could work, but I’m worried that it wouldn’t be an obvious enough detail of the figure.