UCS Millennium Falcon discussion

For $800 there should be a full interior too.

3 Likes

Definitely, and there should be blue LED’s in the back.

3 Likes

And figures representing each movie where the Falcon was used.

It’s personal preference, but I’d like the ship without figs. The Falcon is an adult display piece that is out of scale with them. But I suppose they do add some character and value to it.

1 Like

Actually, I believe the model is designed to be in scale with minifigures.

2 Likes

Almost, but not quite. The model is a bit longer than it should be. Han Solo is 5’ 11" and the MF is 114’ in length so it would take ~19.25 Hans laid down flat in-universe to reach from one side to the other. The mini-Han is 1.5" and the UCS MF is 33" in length so it would take ~22 mini-Hans laid down to reach from one side to the other. And that’s not counting Chewbacca since his fig is way out of scale with the others.

2 Likes

I don’t think 800 dollars could last you that long unless you’re eating really cheaply…idk, though

Eight hundred dollars could buy you 816 small bowls of maruchan instant ramen noodles at Walmart if you didn’t care about nutrition :smile:

5 Likes

Yeah there is that. Ramen is a godsend XD

1 Like

I dunno for your place, but you can live/eat nicely with 15-20 dollars a week in my country. So 800 dollars can last for quite some time (more than 6 months if you plan ahead)…this is why 800 dollars for a plastic toy is riddiculous to me.

So Rebrick recently held a contest on making your own Freighter:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/contest-page/contests/freighter-wars

Winners will obtain a signed Millennium Falcon set, plus some extra content, while 20 random contestant will obtain only the Space Slug set.

3 Likes

I already own the 10179, but I’m still really looking forward to this one

I saw it at the Lego store, it’s amazing and sadly throwing money at it did nothing

9 Likes

What happens if you drop it?

I mean, are you talking about USD, or is there a dollar value in Serbia that I’m missing out on?

…Now this has got it where it counts. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Craig_B, post:56, topic:40036”]
…I saw it at the Lego store, it’s amazing and sadly throwing money at it did nothing[/quote]

So, uh, did you actually throw money at it?

Probably this.

3 Likes

1 USD =0.8 Euro
0.8 ×120=76 800 RSD

To put it in perspective, thats an higher above average sallary of a middle class Serbian. If you exclude rent (which takes at least a third of that money). You got yourself a lot of money left for stuff that are more important like food.

My university bill is currently around 20k RSD (not even including bills for each simester and each final exam)…

SO YEAH aint in hell gonna buy this lump of plastic after doing the exchange rate to bring it even more into perspective just how utterly a waste of money that venture would be. Lego is ignoramously expensive as it is. At least before SW ultra builds, constraction had a tolerable price range.

Even if I had the money to just spend, I would never buy it cause its not a complete model (interior is done half way with illusion of depth made with stickers, and you get figures that half are not exclusive and it doesnt incorporate the entire original trilogy). As it is its not even close to worth it for what the actual money is worth.

1 Like

@Azani

No, but I really wanna get my hands on it. The itch to build a set needs satisfying

Hmm. The more you know. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well I’m entering.

Oh, here in the states where I live a family of four used roughly 200 every other week for food and such, but that’s pretty neat

When you take into account that our sallaries are among the worst in europe, it all adds up. Here in my country 800 dollars is quite a lot, more so than in the US where you cant find anything of worth for less than a dollar.

2 Likes