Unofficial SNOW Topic

Snow? Ha! That’s crazy talk. The last time it snowed here was in January of 2010.

2 Likes

I live in the not-mountainous area of Arizona, so…

We got some rain yesterday.

1 Like

I pity you people in the lower hemisphere…

5 Likes

The snow is great where I am. It’s the perfect snow for snowball fights and such.
The only downside is when it freezes over and over again, then it just becomes a nuisance.

Well, in the near-desert conditions of my hometown, snow is a much sought-after/highly-anticipated thing. A “White Christmas” has become the object of much hope in the past couple of years, and said hopes are often dashed upon the sharp rocks of reality.

The last truly great accumulation of snow where I live was back in 2003/2004.
Since then it’s been the occasional two-to-three inch flurry, with (if we’re rather lucky) one seven-to-ten inch “mega-snow” each year.

I remember once reading The Long Winter and marveling at the possibility of snowfall so high that you had to dig a tunnel to reach one of your out-buildings.

1 Like

I summon @Ice to this topic.

3 Likes

Snow good

Ice like snow

Snow help Ice live

Ice have no snow Ice die

Ice like snow

14 Likes

It hasn’t really snowed here since winter 2011. We did get maybe a centimeter and a half a week ago that lasted for 2 days. I was so happy to see it again, but its not like you could do anything with it. Just the knowledge that snow still excised excited me. Back in 06 we had a huge snowstorm though.

1 Like

Snow? In California? Near the ocean? HA!

3 Likes

I live in western Quebec. There’s snow and/or cold 6 months a year…

2 Likes

I live on a mountain.

My area used to be like that. But it’s been getting much warmer here.

Not a fan.

OMG it snowed here two weeks ago! Like really!
just about two centimeters though

It’s getting colder, but no snow when the ocean surrounds you on all sides.

mostly…

Well, there was one day in late early 2010 when it actually snowed :stuck_out_tongue: Enough to make one snowball :stuck_out_tongue:

There is snow on the ground here but it seems too be melting away. We also get snow every year it’s just a question if it remains or not. Last year was record warm but we got a few snowy days. Btw newly fallen snow is delisious.

I had snow…its gone now :confused:

3 Likes

No, we had not had proper snow in Vojvodina (Serbia) for over three years.

The last time it snowed here was in 1977. Besides that, here in South Florida, we just get sun, rain, and high humidity in between :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Snow has fallen here in New York.

[CELEBRATION INTENSIFIES]

1 Like