Unpopular Opinions about LEGO

The main thing I dislike the Bionicle first three movies is about the ANIMTION! Just look at those masks! They look more like jelly than masks!

Mask Of Light:

=:-1:

MNOG:

=:+1:

and, they’re kinda modified more for children a bit…

2 Likes

I personally love the old movie masks. It looks like there’s actually a face beneath it.

2 Likes

That’s why I don’t like them

I agree with @Toa_Radrix. The main thing that drags down the first three movies is arguably the animation.

Mask of Light Makuta:

The actual set:

I might be insane or something, but since when is Makuta red? The set looks black to me…

Now, the animation of Legend Reborn:

Legend Reborn Mata Nui:

The actual set:

Much Better…

At least we got the “TAAAKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!” scene!!:goo:

4 Likes

I like animated Makuta, but I can understand dislike towards Takua. Jaller is pretty good, Hahli is actually really cool, Macku is great, Turaga Vakama is bad, the Toa, with a few exceptions, don’t look too bad.

There’s supposed to be a fav behind the mask though…

2 Likes

My main problem is about his Krakhaan… Doesn’t look good to me…

Yeah, but not as good as…

Accurate, nice, everything good!

I JUST HATE THOSE GICANTICUS EYEBROWS!!!

yuck, I don’t want to be a turaga

Gali is horrible, Tahu is really ok,Onua is great, Pohatu is good, but they didn’t make that upside down body for him, which isn’t such a nice fact for me:
Mask Of Light:

Set:

Not a fan of lewa though, but ok:

THAT

MOUTH

Kopaka… not a fan, even though better than Lewa

2 Likes

Judging without a set to base off of:

It just kind of looks more like a face than a mask. The sideways LEGO Krakhaan is probably the worst of the three, but that’s debatable. And the red looks a lot better than the weird build and primarily colorless color scheme.

I have a bigger problem with his mouth placement. Macku had it fine, Vakama didn’t.

I’d say neither Tahu nor Gali is terrible, but Gali isn’t that good either, Onua is fine.

It’s great for me

Pohatu Nuva may be my least favorite Toa Nuva or Mata, mainly because of the reversed torso and ugly mask, both of which Mask of Light did excellent with.

I don’t think Lewa is all too bad. Not as bad as Gali, not as good as Pohatu or Onua.

I don’t care for Kopaka, I think he’s worse than Lewa. I also can’t stand his Nuva Mask either.

2 Likes

Just a nitpick, but what you don’t like is the art style and more particularly the character design.

Animation is very different from those two, and has nothing to do with the graphical representation of what is being animated.

Animation refers to the actual movement of the characters, the process of making them appear to be in motion.

Art Style refers to the changes made to the aesthetics of the work, how the artists deviate from and break the rules of reality in order to make the work stand out visually.

Character Design refers to the visual appearance of a character within a given art style.

4 Likes

Yes yes, that’s what I meant

1 Like

Then why you blamed the animation instead?

I wanted to blame the character design.

Unpopular opinion: I actually really dig the art style/character designs of the first three Bionicle movies. Sure, they aren’t accurate to the sets all that much, but I’ve never been too much of a stickler for that sort of thing, honestly.

7 Likes

I also hated the movie masks due to the inconsistency in their mouths. All male toa (and the 5 male Toa Metru when they were Matoran) and all Rahaga, Turaga Dume and Jaller and Takua have legitmate mouths while everyone else (and apparently the entire Ga-Matoran/Toa/Turaga lineage) have these weird grill pieces with a light glowing out of them when they speak. It’s really offputting to me and I’d rather wish they went the route TLR went and had characters masks mouthpieces retractable so they can talk to each other outside of combat. Same with JTO.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I think! They don’t need to be super accurate to the sets in order to look good.

2 Likes

To be honest the only character design I liked in the first 3 Bionicle movies was Rhoodaka. Other then her, I kinda hated the designs of everybody else.

1 Like

Sidorak was great, if only when compared to how awful his set looked.

The Rahaga were pretty cool, helicopter blades are great.

I’m sure if the Hordika were cool I would have liked their designs.

Keetongu is great, same with Roodaka…

These are all just WoS characters. Maybe I’m biased.

4 Likes

I’m not so sure about Keetongu, something else I didn’t like is… That the movie never showed anything about the Rahaga being the Toa Haga.But I’m very happy they kept the Rahkshi heads at them, unlike at the Rhakshi, which I hated.

1 Like

I agree.

That doesn’t resemble a Rahkshi in any way…

I know. It’s better. Itactually looks scary.
If I would see a Lego Rahkshi attacking me in real life I wouldn’t be that scared about his aspect.
But if I would see a MoL Rahkshi opening that disguisting mouth in front of me I would crap my pants.

2 Likes