Unpopular Opinions about LEGO

Really? I don’t remember the price-per-part ratio, but they cost around the same as Pop! and are much better, in my opinion.

With the four Star Wars Brickheadz I own, I disagree. Then again, I only own four.

There are quite a few holiday sets as well.

1 Like

Yes those pistons were realy needed! I took mine out of Axonn, Brutaka and Fenrakk wanting to cehck your point, they could not at all stand! Their knees bend all the time! Pistons keep them posable

I actually liked the squid launchers as well, they have actually never failed on me

1 Like

The pistons made sense honestly, they’re biomechanical and pistons scream mechanical aesthetic, tons of pieces have pistons worked into their detailing, look at the Mata, the Metru, the Inika.

4 Likes

Well it is a nice selection of figures, thats an exclusive new helmet sandtrooper commander!

Adjusted for inflation, $50.00 in 2006 is equal to $63.83 in 2019.

1 Like

Jumping back in here, 177 pieces, 3 minifigures for $20 is pretty decent. People have been buying sets just for exclusive minifigures for a long time, it’s not new. Getting the exclusive sand trooper helmet (which looks fantastic on a side note) for only $20 each with a dewback and some extra parts would be great for starwars fans looking to build a sand-based army.

1 Like

My problem is the fact that when you buy a set, you buy a build. Minifigures are supposed to only be accessories that come with the build. In past few years, it seems to me that LEGO has been exchanging the quality of the build of the sets for better quality minifigures. Which, doesn’t seem fair in my opinion. As I am not as obsessed with minifigures as most people are, I would personally not buy a whole set with a build I don’t really care for just for the minifigures.

Ok true you buy a build but to contextualize this we’re talking about microfighters, these sets are roughly $10 each with $20 for the vs sets which are basically a 2 in 1. Assuming roughly that there’s 100 and 200 piece for the respective groups, Lego has to create a mini version of a starwars ship or vehicle with less than 100 pieces. This is not easy, creating small builds that are 1:1 likenesses is difficult. It makes more sense to focus on the minifigures to enhance the collectible nature of the set with a minifigure rather than try and incorporate detail on a scale where it isn’t possible.

If you’re comparing previous sets to microfighters, this is a bad example, set design has improved as has minifigures. The microfighters line is meant to be that, smaller fighters.

That’s the great thing about lego, If you want X in a set, buy set Y, if you want A in a set, buy set B. Personally, I see it as a way to get cheap minifigures and parts rather than having to buy a larger set like the Tie fighter costing up of $50.

1 Like

I agree with almost everything here except for maybe the mctoran bit, but even then the av matoran will always be the best matoran designs

I agree with everything except

Lol no! Have you seen the shipping on Deviant Art? Or your own G3? Or my BIONICLE attempts? We need to base our stories more on stuff Greg writes

You kidding me? Past few years?

This is the definition of created for collectors! It was made back in 2003! And I’m meeting more and more people who love minfigures over sets, they’re like action figures, people LOVE them! Why else do you think Lego sell collectible minifigures? The small accessories?

“Mmm yes I need that table!”

The ‘07 Matoran want to speak with you

He’s not saying Bionicle should be owned by the fans, but rather kept alive by them. Fans have shown such love and care for the series (take this entire website and the work by SuddenlyOranges, N7 Productions, and CallanLoF for example) that LEGO doesn’t even need to keep Bionicle alive; we’re already doing it.

Don’t get me wrong, I want a G3 of rules my own personal selfish reasons, but I can see where Meso is coming from.

For nostalgia more than anything. It’s a classic.

As a minifigure enthusiast, I can vouch for this.

Rarely, but sometimes, honestly. I nearly bought a minifigure for my sister because it had a rabbit in it.

Not a super fair example, especially considering that that wasn’t even made available in the US, but I see your point.

1 Like

They are trash anyway

Let us take a look at those guys

He’s alright

Great guy[quote=“ToaNoah_Wafflemeister, post:683, topic:23000”]
CallanLoF
[/quote]

He’s kind of a terrible person

It’s a classic but it has amazing detail for the time

Nothing I disagree with here

Yeah exactly rarely, most people don’t want an object over the figure

I’m not from the United States Of America though, I’m English

Ahem.
Those sets supposed to represent rebuilt Matorans: Matorans who were the victims of Karzahni who was a very very bad Lego builder. As the result, his creations were abominations. So the '07 Matorans were very good and accurate for what they supposed to be.

I predict that the entire fandom will be gone in two years and that we will either move on to Transformers (by the way, am I the only one who realised that this site is slowly turning into a Transformers one?), Ninjago or other stuffs.

Excuse me, what?

1 Like

That’s what a lot of people think about ‘08. I don’t agree, but I don’t think they were good either. Why do you say this?

I wouldn’t know. I just like his content.

Same here, Reviving Bionicle gave me hope in this fan base, and inspires me to not give up hope. I love shows such as the Flash and Stranger Things, and I hold RB on par with these.

But not for this time. The only reason I could think of someone buying this would be for nostalgia or because it’s the OG.

I’d say one per line is wanted for a specific piece.

I know, it’s just a reason the minifigure may be appealing.

I doubt it. It may fade in importance, but it’s been alive for this long.

I haven’t noticed it.

Maybe.

1 Like

More and more Bionicle content creators are leaving. Without them, the fandom might never recover.

Rps, mocs, drawings, movie topics, photography topics, etc.

1 Like

I would stay if this was a transformers topic though, BIONICLE has been on the decline since 2009! Plus I got loads of the Michael Bay Transformers back in the day, Skids, Optimus Prime (Yes the Revenge Of The Fallen Leader class) Sideways, Skids, Smokescreen, Brawn, Swerve, Thunderhammer (I think that’s his name) and some tank from the same wave, anyway I’m getting off topic

Did you see the Eljay harrasment thing he did? Eljay was not happy seemingly from his comments at least, he’s also quite rude sometimes and his mata series mocks all of the toa, it’s not even that funny, it’s just kind of childish

Next topic: unpopular opinions about Transformers.

You know what? I’m starting this!

2 Likes

Link?

Link?

Source?

enjoy

Sure, but they have these for many fanbases.

He apologized and said it was only a joke. I honestly was happy to see Eljay in it, though the humor may have been out of my taste.

To be honest…
… I find it very funny.